0117 946 6690
- Handsome & generously proportioned
- 4/5 bedrooms, 2/3 reception rooms
- Impressive open plan kitchen/dining room
- Front & rear gardens and a single garage
A handsome and generously proportioned early Victorian period semi-detached family house with 4/5 bedrooms, 2/3 receptions, an impressive open plan kitchen/dining room, front and rear gardens and a single garage.
Lots of natural light and fine character detail throughout, high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and ceiling roses, fireplaces and large period windows with working shutters.
The elegant and spacious accommodation is very flexible and can be arranged to suit various needs and requirements with a generous lower ground floor, currently integrated with the main house yet has independent access and separate boiler/heating and thus could provide accommodation for dependent/independent relative/au pair or short/long term rental option (subject to all necessary consents).
The house is very well positioned being convenient for so much - Chandos Road with a range of independent and interesting shops, a few bars and some excellent eateries is within a few hundred yards. Whiteladies Road, Gloucester Road and the Downs are all convenient and within 1 km. Handy for Redland train line linking Clifton/Temple Meads.
There are a good selection of schools including St Johns Primary, Cotham Secondary and a number of well regarded independent schools within easy reach.
Offered with no onward chain.
Raised Hall Floor: reception hall, drawing room, kitchen/dining room, terrace.
Lower Ground Floor: hallway, reception/bedroom 5, reception 2, utility, shower room/wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite bath/shower room/wc, bedroom 2, family bathroom/wc.
Top Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4.
Outside: generous front garden, westerly facing lawned rear garden, detached garage, pedestrian access to Auburn Road.
RAISED HALL FLOOR
via pathway through front garden to lovely large original main front entrance door opening into:-
RECEPTION HALL: (18' 4'' x 5' 6'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (5.58m x 1.68m)
high period arch and period cornicing, door and stairs descend to the lower ground floor, stairs rise to the first floor with attractive period handrail and balustrade, radiator, low level cupboard housing meter.
DRAWING ROOM: (front) (16' 3'' into bay x 15' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.95m x 4.57m)
a very charming and characterful room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, picture rail, bay window to the front elevation with sash windows and working shutters to either side, dresser style fitted storage and open shelving to either side of the chimney breast, feature cast iron fireplace with tiled lapels, marble surround & mantel and tiled hearth, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (rear) (22' 6'' into chimney recess x 12'3/15'0 max) (6.85m x 3.73m/4.57m)
a lovely large room with high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, large multi-paned bay window and sash window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, solid wood oak flooring. Kitchen area fitted with a range of wall and base units with granite worksurface and upstand, inset stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and mounted draining board, space for range cooker, stainless steel splashback and extractor, space for tall fridge/freezer, handy built-in understairs storage cupboard. half glazed door opens out onto:-
TERRACE: (7' 8'' x 7' 6'') (2.34m x 2.28m)
cast iron balustrade, timber decking and steps leading down into the rear garden.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
doorways to front and back, understairs storage area, radiator, door to shower/wc.
RECEPTION/BEDROOM 5: (front) (14' 10'' into chimney recess x 14' 0'') (4.52m x 4.26m)
large multi-paned sash window to front elevation overlooking the front garden, fitted storage cupboards to either side of the chimney breast, radiator.
RECEPTION 2: (front) (14' 10'' into chimney recess x 12' 0'') (4.52m x 3.65m)
large multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation which overlooks the rear garden, built-in storage underneath the stairs, radiator, partially glazed doorway leading into:-
UTILITY: (10' 6'' x 4' 9'') (3.20m x 1.45m)
a range of wall and base units, space for cooker if required, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine, sink unit, working surface, wall and base units, wall mounted gas boiler which serves the ground floor only, partially tiled walls, recessed spotlight, stable door to the rear elevation giving independent access to the ground floor if required.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (4' 6'' x 4' 1'') (1.37m x 1.24m)
a generous shower cubicle with mains fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, partially tiled walls, tiled floor, heated towel rail, extractor fan.
doors open to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bathroom/wc. Staircase continues to rise to the top floor.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (15' 3'' into chimney recess x 12' 3'') (4.64m x 3.73m)
ceiling coving, ceiling rose, multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, cast iron fireplace with wooden surround and mantel, built-in storage, radiator, doorway through to:-
En-Suite Bath/Shower Room/WC: (10' 3'' to back of shower cubicle x 5' 8'') (3.12m x 1.73m)
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled panelled bath, heated towel rail, tiled shower cubicle with electric shower, tiled flooring, partially tiled walls, opaque glazed sash window to the rear elevation, boiler/hot water tank cupboard, recessed spotlights.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (15' 3'' into chimney recess x 14' 0'') (4.64m x 4.26m)
a very well proportioned room with ceiling coving and ceiling rose, large sash window to the front elevation, radiator, built-in storage.
BATHROOM/WC: (7' 9'' x 5' 6'') (2.36m x 1.68m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, panelled bath, partially tiled walls, tiled flooring, radiator, heated towel rail, recessed spotlights.
multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, doors lead to bedrooms 3 and 4..
BEDROOM 3: (front) (15' 6'' x 14' 2'') (4.72m x 4.31m)
large multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with surprisingly far reaching views into the distance, generous high ceilings, radiator, built-in storage.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (15' 5'' x 12' 6'') (4.70m x 3.81m)
a generous fourth bedroom with multi-paned sash window to rear elevation, radiator.
well tended lawned front garden with railing and hedgerow borders, stone pillars.
patio immediately outside the lower ground floor, a few steps rise to a westerly facing lawned rear garden with shrub borders, detached garage and rear lane access via Auburn Road.
DETACHED GARAGE: (15' 2'' x 8' 9'') (4.62m x 2.66m)
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.