St Oswalds Road, Redland
A generously proportioned 5 bedroom, 3 reception, 1920s semi-detached family house with 50ft x 30ft rear garden and detached garage and open aspects to both front and rear. A much loved home for the past 44 years and now an exciting opportunity for the next owners to update and improve to suit their own requirements in the fullness of time. Located a stone's throw from Redland Park and within 350 metres of Redland Green Secondary School and Westbury Park Primary School, and with easy access to local shops on Coldharbour Road and to Blackboy Hill a little further afield. Ground Floor: entrance hall, cloakroom/wc, inner hall, sitting room, family room, walk-in larder/pantry, breakfast room, kitchen. First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, bathroom, separate wc. Outside: planted and paved front garden (circa 30ft x 16ft), lawned rear garden (51ft x 30ft) rear garden, detached garage with small hardstanding area, substantial shed. A spacious, welcoming and comfortable family home offering further potential.
- A spacious semi-detached family house
- 5 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Lawned rear garden (51ft x 30ft)
- Detached garage
- Offers further potential to update
from the pavement find the wooden gate which opens into the front garden and pathway leads up to solid wooden front door which opens into:-
ENTRANCE HALL: ((7' 9'' x 6' 10'') (2.36m x 2.08m))
tiled floor with inset floormat, leaded light panes to side and upper panes, radiator, doors off to cloakroom/wc and to inner hallway.
CLOAKROOM/WC: ((7' 9'' x 3' 4'') (2.36m x 1.02m))
picture rail, leaded light window to front elevation, coloured suite comprising low level wc and pedestal wash hand basin, radiator.
INNER HALL: ((11' 6'' x 10' 5'' including staircase) (3.50m x 3.17m))
spacious hall from which doors radiate to the sitting room, family room, breakfast room, walk-in larder/pantry and to useful understairs storage cupboard. Staircase rises to first floor landing.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (20' 0'' into bay x 13' 0'' into chimney recess) (6.09m x 3.96m))
ceiling cornice and picture rail, fireplace with gas fire, box bay window with leaded light windows, radiator.
FAMILY ROOM: ((rear) (20' 4'' x 13' 0'' into chimney recess) (6.19m x 3.96m))
ceiling cornice and picture rail, wooden period fireplace surround, radiator, wooden casement windows overlooking the rear garden.
WALK-IN LARDER/PANTRY: ((7' 5'' x 4' 10'') (2.26m x 1.47m))
original painted dresser with cupboards and shelving, Belfast sink, wooden draining board and window to side elevation.
BREAKFAST ROOM: ((12' 3'' x 11' 3'') (3.73m x 3.43m))
ceiling cornice, picture rail, casement windows to side elevation, original dresser with cupboards and glazed display cabinets with sliding doors and further recessed storage cupboard, door opens into:-
KITCHEN: ((12' 3'' x 11' 2'') (3.73m x 3.40m))
range of base and wall mounted units with rolled edge worksurfaces and tiled splashbacks, stainless steel sink unit with double drainer, space for cooker and spaces for fridge, washing machine and freezer, Crittall windows to side and rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, Thorn gas boiler, back door provides access to rear garden via covered porch
doors radiate to all rooms on this floor, radiator, useful and extensive linen shelving cupboards and further storage cupboards, ceiling access to Large Open Loft Area which is floored and lit and suitable (subject to obtaining all necessary consents) to being converted to provide further accommodation.
BEDROOM 1: ((20' 0'' x 13' 10'') (6.09m x 4.21m))
box bay window with leaded light windows to front elevation, radiator, shower in tiled surround (with insufficient water supply) and wash hand basin behind screen.
BEDROOM 2: ((14' 8'' x 13' 2'') (4.47m x 4.01m))
wooden casement windows to rear elevation, recessed cupboard, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear) (11' 2'' x 10' 3'') (3.40m x 3.12m))
wooden casement window to rear elevation, built-in wardrobe/ cupboards/airing cupboard with lagged hot water tank.
BEDROOM 4: ((front) (10' 9'' x 10' 5'') (3.27m x 3.17m))
wooden casement windows with leaded light panes, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: ((side) (9' 0'' x 7' 7'') (2.74m x 2.31m))
wooden casement window to side elevation, picture rail, radiator.
BATHROOM: ((7' 5'' x 4' 10'') (2.26m x 1.47m))
white suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin and panelled bath in tiled surround, window to side elevation, radiator.
window to rear elevation, radiator, low level wc.
FRONT GARDEN: ((circa 30' 0'' x 16' 0'') (9.14m x 4.87m))
paved front garden with numerous rock edged flower beds containing flowering plants and shrubs. Pedestrian access via side gate provides access to the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: ((51' 0'' x 30' 0'' excluding detached garage) (15.53m x 9.14m))
mainly laid to lawn with numerous flower beds, a number of which are rock edged and which are all well stocked and tended with numerous flowering plants, shrubs, bushes and trees. Useful wooden shed (circa 13ft x 5ft) (3.96m x 1.52m) [divided into two sections]. Steps down from the rear of the garden to:-
DETACHED GARAGE: ((19' 1'' x 10' 5'') (5.81m x 3.17m))
up and over door, power and light, windows to side elevation.
In front of the garage there is a small area of hardstanding measuring circa 10'7 x 8'9 (3.22m x 2.67m) which could accommodate a very small vehicle.
The garage and hardstanding area are accessed via an access driveway which is entered off St Oswalds Road to the right hand side of no. 6. The residents of no. 8 have a right of way over this driveway for access to the garage and the rear of their garden.
Please note that the garden of no. 8 ends at the garage and does not back onto Redland Green Park. the land beyond the garage belongs to no. 6.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.