10 compelling reasons why you should choose us to sell your home.
Click on each link for more information.
Certainly anyone choosing us to sell their property can depend on and trust us to know what it takes to achieve their objectives in the best possible way and in any market conditions.
We listen carefully as every client’s needs are different. Because we have such a broad range of experience, expertise and local knowledge, we can then provide the necessary advice and tailor our service to best meet each client’s requirements.
Whatever the situation, whether straightforward or complicated, we will find the best course of action and solve the problems. We have a long and reliable track record to prove it.
All the partners and most of our service-driven handpicked team live and work in and around the areas we serve and have done for decades. During all this time we have helped literally thousands of clients successfully sell their properties.
This a genuine track record of success and achievement that underpins our unique insight in the local property market. We have our finger constantly on the pulse and our clients find all this local market intelligence and know-how gives them a significant advantage in achieving their objectives.
Introducing your property to the widest possible range of interested buyers is essential. We have lots of ways of doing that. In addition to the many local buyers that we attract, we also sell to significant numbers relocating from all parts of the country, including many London buyers, and an increasing overseas list. This demonstrates that we have a regional, national and international marketing reach for our clients’ properties as well as a high profile locally. We use all the following marketing resources and processes to achieve maximum exposure.
- Websites – in addition to our own website, your property will feature on the vitally important major portals Rightmove and OnTheMarket.
- Buyer Database – constantly updated, this is a major source of buyers to whom your property is promoted by telephone, email and post.
- Newspaper/Print Media Advertising – prominent, distinctive and extensive weekly single or double page advertising in suitable local print media, newspapers and magazines.
- Sales Literature – professional high quality sales particulars with colour photographs and professional floor plans, designed to make a good first impression.
- Prime High Street Location with Prominent Window Display – our hub location on the vibrant Whiteladies Road main thoroughfare is in the perfect spot for passers-by pausing for a glance at our window and often coming in to pick up property details.
- For Sale Board – these are optional, but are genuinely very effective and highly recommended.
- Telesales and Constant Communication – we get to know our buyers personally and a phone call is often all that is necessary to alert a committed proceedable buyer to view your property and trigger a sale. We are firm believers in regular communication.
- Accompanied Viewings – We accompany all viewings if possible. It reduces the hassle and stress for our clients, is convenient and more efficient time-wise for buyers, it allows buyers to concentrate on the property’s attributes and generates more accurate feedback. Vitally, you will have a professional sales person promoting your property.
- Open houses – a marketing initiative which we often recommend and adapt to suit the property. This is convenient, effective and encourages healthy competition for your property.
- Excellent Contacts with Relocation Agents – another useful source of buyers, especially at the high end of the market.
- Presentation Advice and Pre-Sale Preparation to maximise price and saleability – helps many of our clients to a much more profitable sale, and ranges from a simple de-clutter to more significant cosmetic improvements.
- Generous Staffing with the Right People Offering Personal Service – to provide buyers with an exceptional personal service, giving them the time and attention they need, is a powerful marketing tool.
- Discreet Marketing – for certain kinds of property and particular client circumstances a low key approach may be appropriate and can produce an exceptional result.
Our friendly personal service is dedicated to getting the very best results for our clients and we work hard. We like to be professional, straightforward and business-like but always approachable, proactive and supportive. Whilst we are very proud of our reputation and much of our business comes through personal recommendation and word of mouth, we are never complacent.
Above all, the innate desire to help people and striving always to provide the best possible service for all our clients is at the core of everything we do. It drives the range, delivery and style of our services and who we employ. For all our team, going the extra mile is not the exception, it is what comes naturally.
Uncomplicated and reliable excellence is what we aim for. Doing the simple things well. Being positive and helpful. Courteous and respectful. Attention to detail. A transparent and open approach. Always returning phone calls and emails as promptly as possible. Constant communication. Intelligent and thoughtful guidance. Support and advice given with empathy and consideration. Accompanied viewings Reliable constructive feedback for our vendor clients. High quality promotion and marketing. Expert negotiating. Highly skilled effective sales progression. Outstanding results.
Whilst selling our clients’ properties is of paramount importance our service encompasses so much more that may be important for our clients’ welfare and a successful outcome. This includes advising on, and helping find and secure, an onward purchase along with any other property concerns or queries that may arise.
We are RICS qualified career estate agents and our experience and knowledge of property and the Estate Agency world has been accumulating since the mid 1970s.
Working successfully through the three major property market recessions and many boom markets that have occurred during this time provides a deep well of experience and acumen that consistently benefits our clients by enabling us to deliver effective solutions to problems that might otherwise hinder or prevent a sale.
This professional background and know-how built up over many years, in combination with our specialist local market knowledge and concern to genuinely help people, also allows us to provide considered and profitable advice to clients over a broad spectrum of property matters. All this has earned us a reputation for outstanding service, advice and results that people respect and value highly.
Our partners are fully involved in the day to day running of the business dealing personally with clients and buyers and we have approaching 150 years of combined Estate Agency experience within our team. That is a remarkable and invaluable reserve of in-depth knowledge and expertise that is of considerable, on occasions incalculable, advantage to our clients.
Integrity and dependability is at the very heart of our company and our vendor clients always come first. We believe in fair play and honesty and we give the advice that is best for them. They can also rely on our being discreet and understanding.
We feel a strong loyalty to all our clients, not least because they’ve chosen us when there are plenty to choose from. We take the responsibility very seriously to do everything to make our clients’ journey and the outcome as good as it can be.
We don’t take short cuts. We are thorough and don’t leave things to chance. We know what it takes to ‘make it right’ and we work hard to make sure it is right. This applies to all sorts of situations in the selling and moving process. We really care about our clients and strive to reciprocate their trust and faith in us with the best results and service.
Whatever the market conditions, to achieve the best outcome in terms of price and the least stressful moving experience, you need the best team of people available. As well as those with the right professional skills, we look for people who have a natural aptitude for service, good communication and hard work, together with a mature approach with plenty of common sense and life experience.
Our business is ultimately about people and, whilst we have expert knowledge, that is just the beginning. Each one of the team brings their own individual personality and character into play and we all work together to deal with whatever is necessary to deliver the best service with the emphasis on creating and maintaining close working relationships with all concerned.
Including the partners, there are now approaching 20 people involved in the business and we consider ourselves fortunate to have a very loyal and competent team. Many of our staff have remained with us for a long time with all the obvious benefits to our clients and the business of continuity and experience.
We ensure that we continue and extend the high standards we aspire to by on-going professional training and development.
Our family business is privately owned by the partners and is not a franchise or part of a corporate chain. This allows us to devote 100% of our time and effort to our clients as we are not constrained or distracted by corporate objectives and bureaucracy.
All the partners are fully involved at grass roots level and we are able to detect and respond immediately to any changes in market conditions that have consequences for our clients without having to wait for guidance from ‘on high’ that may or may not be appropriate to local conditions. This enables us to keep our clients one step ahead.
As independents, we can also offer a personalised service tailored precisely to each client’s needs with a service that is warm, professional and responsive with our clients’ interests remaining paramount.
Our independence, professional qualifications and range of expertise and experience enables us to impartially recommend other property-related services such as solicitors, surveyors and financial/mortgage advisers based on genuine personal and client experience.
We are members of, and fully regulated by, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), who many consider the leading professional body of the property world, the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) and The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPOS).
All three organisations require us to follow strict rules of professional conduct so your business with us is in safe hands and, in the unlikely event that you ever have a problem that you were not able to resolve with us directly, the TPOS provides an impartial external redress scheme.
These professional bodies are the industry’s leading organisations and we like to maintain the highest professional standards by conforming to their guidelines. We believe it is a clear sign that you are dealing with a thoroughly reputable and respected agent.
If you want to know what we are like, we would much prefer to let our clients do the talking for us and say how it was for them.
One of the most satisfying aspects of the job we do is the positive response we get from our clients and the many kind letters, emails and cards we receive speak for themselves about the type of service and results we deliver and the support and expertise we can offer.
To read about this please click here.
For more information about the selling process, click on the link below: