Montrose Avenue, Redland
An attractive and beautifully presented 3 bedroom (originally 4), 2 reception semi- detached Victorian home with sunny, 30ft south west facing rear garden. Prime location – close to Cotham Gardens Park, Redland Station and Cotham Gardens Primary School together with Cotham School, St Peter and Paul RC Primary School. Very central and convenient for Whiteladies Road and Gloucester Road, the university/hospitals/BBC/city centre and the Downs; a wide selection of excellent independent schools are available within easy reach. Ground Floor: vestibule, reception hall, sitting room, family room/dining room, kitchen and wc. First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 (originally 2 bedrooms), bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family bathroom/wc and separate wc. Large loft suitable for conversion to provide a main bedroom with en suite (subject to obtaining all necessary consents). Outside: front garden, south westerly facing rear garden. A charming and most civilised home in a great location.
- Ground Floor: vestibule, reception hall, sitting room, family room/dining room, kitchen and wc
- First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 (originally 2 bedrooms), bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family bathroom/wc and separate wc
- Large loft suitable for conversion to provide a main bedroom with en suite (subject to obtaining all necessary consents)
- Outside: front garden, south westerly facing rear garden
- A charming and most civilised home
from the pavement pass between gated stone pillars and follow the flagstone pathway towards the front of the house, find 3 slate steps which lead up to solid wooden front door with pretty stained glass overlight.
ceiling cornice and centre rose, dado rail, inset floor mat, high level gas meter, part glazed wooden door opens into:-
dado rail, stripped and stained wooden floorboards, doors radiate to sitting room, family room, kitchen, wc and staircase with stripped wooden handrail rises to first floor landing. Ceiling cornice, radiator. Sash window to side elevation.
SITTING ROOM & FAMILY/DINING ROOM:
the sitting room has original fold back wooden double doors which open directly into the family room and provides an open space with a through measurement of 29’5”/8.97m. The 2 rooms have been described and measured separately as follows:-
SITTING ROOM: ((15'4" into bay x 12'10" into chimney recess) (4.67m x 3.91m))
ceiling cornice and centre rose, 4 sash bay window to front elevation with stained glass overlights, period style fireplace with marble surround and granite hearth and period style insert with gas flame effect fire, built in bookcases with low level cupboards, stripped and stained floorboards, radiator. Fold back double doors opening through to:-
FAMILY ROOM/DINING ROOM: ((13'5" x 11'4" into chimney recess) (4.09m x 3.45m))
ceiling cornice and centre rose, period style cast iron fireplace, wooden casement windows to rear elevation, radiator, stripped and stained wooden floorboards, built in bookcases to one side. Door leads back onto the reception hall.
KITCHEN: ((12'8" x 9'2" into chimney recess) (3.86m x 2.79m))
good range of base and wall mounted units with granite work surfaces and upstands, space for large range style cooker with stainless steel surround and extractor hood, built in dishwasher, built in washer dryer, built in fridge and built in freezer, built in wine cooler, 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, halogen downlighters, double glazed windows to side elevation and further double glazed doors provide access to the rear garden. Polished tiled floors with under floor heating, wired for sound.
low level wc located under the stairs.
doors radiate to bedrooms 1 and 2 and to a separate wc and stairs descend to half landing and door to family bathroom/wc with sash window and radiator and further staircase rises from the first floor landing to the upper mezzanine landing and bedroom 3.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (14'0" x 12'2" max into recess) (4.27m x 3.71m)
2 large sash windows to front with stained glass panels over, period style fireplace, 2 radiators, exposed stripped floorboards, door through to:
Dressing Room/wc: built in wardrobes and shelving, period style fireplace, sink unit, door to:
WC: low level wc and sash window to side.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) (11'8" x 11'3") (3.56m x 3.43m))
ceiling cornice, sash window to rear elevation, radiator, period style fireplace, fitted bookshelves.
BEDROOM 3: (: (rear) (located off the upper mezzanine landing) (12'9" x 10'1" max into chimney recess) (3.89m x 3.07m))
sash window to rear elevation, period fireplace, radiator, door accessing boiler cupboard and access to the loft. The loft offers a large open area ideal for storage and could be converted to provide further habitable accommodation subject to obtaining all necessary consents.
LUXURIOUS FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: ((rear) (12'8" x 10'1" max to recess) (3.86m x 3.07m))
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback, panelled bath with centrally positioned mixer tap and hand held shower attachment, further shower with glass door and tiled surround and mains fed Mira shower, sash windows to side and rear elevations, ceiling halogen downlighters, 2 heated towel rails, extractor fan.
low level wc with wooden seat and lid, sash window to side elevation.
Front: (22ft wide x 14’10” max depth narrowing to a minimum of 11’10” to front of bay) (6.71m x 4.52m/3.61m) deep flower bed containing a multitude of flowering plants, shrubs and bushes. Flagstone pathway leads to the front door and side of the property and wooden gate which in turn leads to:-
Rear: (30ft x 22ft and additional further side area) (9.14m x 6.71m) extensive flower beds containing trees, plants, bushes, shrubs and flowering plants. Brick and fence boundaries, patio area closest to the house for sitting out and enjoying the south westerly sunny aspect. A veritable suntrap. Garden shed. Gate provides access to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
1. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
5. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
6. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
7. Please be aware that firstly, areas of prime responsibility (APR) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an APR this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.