Paul Street, Kingsdown
PRICE GUIDE RANGE: £865,000 - £895,000 A strikingly attractive, stylishly presented and recently refurbished, 5 double bedroom, 2 reception room, 2 bath/shower room, grade II listed Georgian townhouse with beautiful landscaped gardens. An elegant and cleverly designed family home, originally dating from 1824, having therefore and abundance of period features which are blended seamlessly with many high quality modern additions and stylish decorations. Situated on a a short cul-de-sac just a short stroll away from the many amenities that Kingsdown has to offer, conveniently located for the city centre, Whiteladies Road, Cotham Hill and Gloucester Road. Excellent schools including Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School, Bristol University, BBC and Bristol Infirmary are all nearby. A friendly neighbourly community who all enjoy the ambiance and character of this historic and atmospheric quarter with its cobbled streets and fine period buildings. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, dining room with wide wall opening through to kitchen, utility room. Lower Ground Floor: hall, double bedroom, sitting room, bathroom. First Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms, shower room. Second Floor: part galleried landing, 2 double bedrooms (5 in total). Outside pretty front garden, landscaped 42ft rear garden.
- Strikingly attractive, stylishly presented and recently refurbished
- Grade II listed Georgian town house
- 5 double bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- Well appointed comprehensively fitted kitchen
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- An elegant and cleverly designed home
- Pretty front garden
- Landscaped 42ft rear garden
from the pavement, there is a dwarf stone wall with wrought iron railings and gate opening onto a paved pathway leading to the front door and having further steps descending to the lower ground floor. Solid six-panelled front door with brass door furniture and fanlight, opening to:-
tiled flooring, double opening main switchboard control cupboard, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Part glazed wooden door with overlight, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance to this fabulous family home, having exposed wooden floorboards, central archway, elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor, central archway, Victorian style radiator, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, two wall light points, ceiling light point. Door with stairs descending to the lower ground floor. Opaque glazed door opening to the utility room. Six-panelled doors with brass door furniture and moulded architraves, opening to:-
DINING ROOM: ((13' 11'' x 12' 10'') (4.24m x 3.91m))
large multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with working shutters, central period fireplace with stone mantelpiece and recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point. Wide wall opening with folding panelled doors leading to:-
KITCHEN: ((14' 0'' x 10' 5'') (4.26m x 3.17m))
a stylish and well appointed kitchen, comprehensively fitted with sleek gloss handle-less and soft closing base level units combining drawers and cabinets. Polished concrete worktops with matching upstands and surround to the hob, undermount Belfast style sink with mixer tap over. Integral appliances including electric double oven, 5 ring gas hob and dishwasher. Space for American style fridge/freezer. Multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden with working shutters and Victorian style radiator below, exposed wooden floorboards, simple moulded cornicing, tall moulded skirtings, four ceiling light points. Six-panelled door returning to the reception hall.
UTILITY ROOM: ((12' 0'' x 5' 11'') (3.65m x 1.80m))
base level cabinets and drawers with wooden worktop surface, Belfast style sink with mixer tap, space and plumbing for washing machine, tiled flooring, fitted shelf, coat hooks, windows to the side and rear elevations, Victorian style radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Double glazed door opening externally to the rear garden.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
moulded skirtings, ceiling light point. Doors to:-
SITTING ROOM: ((16' 9'' x 12' 11'') (5.10m x 3.93m))
multi-paned double doors opening externally to the front elevation and allowing for plenty of natural light, central period fireplace with stone mantelpiece, slate hearth and an inset woodburning stove, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, Victorian style radiator, two wall light points, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: ((13' 5'' x 10' 3'') (4.09m x 3.12m))
raised height window to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point. Cupboard housing wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler.
'P' shaped bath with mixer tap, handheld shower attachment and an overhead circular shower. Low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap. Tiled flooring, partially tiled walls, two wall light points, extractor fan.
exposed wooden floorboards, tall multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, turning staircase ascending to the second floor, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, ceiling light point. Panelled doors with moulded architraves and brass door furniture, opening to:-
SHOWER ROOM/WC: ((12' 0'' x 5' 9'') (3.65m x 1.75m))
walk-in style shower with wall mounted shower unit and an overhead circular shower. Low level wc. Pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap. Hexagonal tiled flooring and bevel edged wall tiles, windows to the side and rear elevations, radiator, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 1: ((17' 7'' x 13' 11'') (5.36m x 4.24m))
large multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, central period fireplace with cast iron basket, slate hearth and an ornately carved bullseye style stone mantelpiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, Victorian style radiator, two ceiling light points, useful wall mounted bedside drawers.
BEDROOM 3: ((13' 11'' x 10' 5'') (4.24m x 3.17m))
multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden, central period fireplace with decorative tiled slips, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell, exposed wooden floorboards, skylight window, ceiling light point. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 2: ((17' 5'' x 14' 0'') (5.30m x 4.26m))
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, wall to wall built-in furniture combining wardrobes and drawers, central period fireplace, exposed wooden floorboards, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 4: ((14' 0'' x 10' 6'') (4.26m x 3.20m))
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, central period fireplace, exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, Victorian style radiator, ceiling light point.
FRONT GARDEN: ((16' 0'' x 13' 10'') (4.87m x 4.21m))
having been landscaped with stone paving and attractive wrought iron railings, there is an 'L' shaped border which feature an array of tropical plants, seating area, steps descend to the lower ground floor with multi-paned double doors opening to the sitting room. Tucked away useful bin storage area with outside water tap. Decorative wall features.
REAR GARDEN: ((42' 0'' x 17' 0'') (12.79m x 5.18m))
a beautiful easy maintenance town garden which has been landscaped by the present owners to provide a level space for entertaining, having ample room for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Paved flooring with raised shrub borders to either side, further enclosed by stone walling. The raised borders feature an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Outside water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.