Southernhay Avenue, Cliftonwood
A charming 3 bedroom (plus loft area) Victorian terraced home situated on a peaceful cul-de-sac in Cliftonwood, handy for Bristol’s harbourside and Clifton village and enjoying a lovely private walled rear garden.
Full of character, period features and an abundance of natural light.
Large loft area with skylight windows and magnificent views over the harbourside.
Superb location within the friendly community of Cliftonwood, enjoying the convenience of being within easy reach of Clifton Village, Bristol’s harbourside and all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, wonderful sociable through kitchen/dining room, rear lobby/utility and ground floor cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3/study and large family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: loft area (not a formal loft conversion) with skylight windows, lovely views and useful storage space.
A charming and engaging period property tucked away in a lovely cul-de-sac location.
- A charming victorian terraced home
- 3 bedrooms (plus loft area)
- Private walled rear garden
- Sitting room with open fire
- Seperate kitchen dining room
- Views from the loft over the harbourside
via some steps leading up from pavement level to the main front door to the house into:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (4' 8'' x 3' 3'' (1.42m x 0.99m))
high ceilings with ceiling coving, high level meter cupboard housing gas meter, coat hooks, dado rail, stop tap, wood flooring and part glazed door through to the entrance hallway.
high ceilings with ceiling coving, high level meter cupboard housing fuse box and meter for electrics, wood flooring, radiator, door off to the sitting room and staircase rising to the first floor landing. The hallway opens up to the through kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: (14' 11'' max into bay x 10' 8'' max into chimney recess (4.54m x 3.25m))
high ceilings with ceiling coving, bay to front comprising 3 sash windows, an attractive period open fireplace with inset tiles, slate hearth and original surround, engineered oak flooring and a radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (24' 2'' x 14' 2'' max in dining area and inclusive of staircase (7.36m x 4.31m))
described separately as follows:
high ceilings, ceiling coving, ample space for family sized dining table and chairs, wood flooring, part glazed door leading through a side return courtyard to the rear garden, radiator and wide wall opening connecting through to the kitchen area.
a Shaker style kitchen with base and eye level cupboards and drawers with wood block worktop over and inset 1½ bowl ceramic sink and drainer unit, integrated Neff double oven, 4 ring gas hob with extractor hood over, slimline dishwasher and fridge, inset spotlights, wood flooring, feature chimney recess, contemporary upright radiator and door leading through to rear lobby/utility.
cupboards with concealed plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, dryer and freezer, further doors access the rear garden and the ground floor cloakroom/wc.
wc with concealed cistern, sink set into a work counter with storage cupboards beneath, part tiled walls, radiator, corner storage cabinet and window to side.
doors lead off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/shower/wc, staircase leads up to the second floor loft area.
BEDROOM 1: (14' 2'' max into built in wardrobe x 12' 8'' (4.31m x 3.86m))
a double bedroom with sliding double glazed sash style windows to front offering partial far reaching cityscape views over the roof tops of neighbouring houses towards the city centre, taking in the church spire of St Mary Redcliffe and the colourful buildings of Totterdown. High ceilings with ceiling coving, radiator and built in wardrobes spanning the length of one of the side walls.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 9'' x 9' 3'' max into chimney recess (4.19m x 2.82m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, sash window to rear and radiator.
BEDROOM 3/STUDY: (11' 0'' x 6' 3'' max (3.35m x 1.90m))
a single bedroom or home office with a double glazed window to rear, high ceilings and a radiator.
BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (14' 3'' x 5' 9'' (4.34m x 1.75m))
a generous family bathroom with a white suite comprising panelled bath, separate shower enclosure with system fed shower, wc and pedestal wash basin, dual aspect windows to rear and side, part tiled walls, heated towel rail and corner airing/storage cupboard.
LOFT AREA: (20' 1'' max taken below sloped ceilings at floor level x 15' 1'' (6.12m x 4.59m))
N.B. The loft area does not have building regulation approval and therefore cannot be classed as a bedroom. A loft space with 4 large Velux skylight windows to front offering an incredible elevated view over Bristol’s harbourside and over south Bristol towards the Dundry Hills in the distance, 2 further skylight windows to rear, floorboards, radiators and low level doors accessing eaves storage space.
small courtyard area in front of the bay window with space for flower pots etc.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 28' 0'' length x 15' 0'' width max(8.53m x 4.57m))
two tiered garden mainly laid to decking with seating area closest to the property and steps leading up to the raised section which is framed with attractive stone and brick boundary walls with climbing planting, curved edged bench seats attracting much of the day’s sunshine and handy rear access out onto the pedestrian rear access lane. Recessed garden store housing gas central heating boiler.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.