Westbury Road, Henleaze
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,150,000 - £1,200,000.
An 8 bedroom, 3 reception, semi-detached Victorian house situated in a prime location just a few metres from Durdham Downs and a level walk to Henleaze High Street. It provides magnificent large rooms with high ceilings, many period features and fireplaces, with an attractive rear garden and is notable for a substantial detached garage.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hallway, sitting room, family/garden room, dining room, kitchen, utility room, cloakroom.
First Floor: half landing with door off to bedroom 3 (with en-suite shower room), main first floor landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room, bedroom 2, bedroom 4, family bathroom/wc no. 1.
Second Floor: half landing with door off to bedroom 8, main second floor landing, bedroom 5, bedroom 6, bedroom 7, laundry room, bathroom/wc no. 2.
Outside: detached garage, front garden, rear garden with pedestrian gate onto rear access lane.
- 8 double bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- Detached garage with access to rear lane
- Front and rear gardens
- Original fireplaces and mouldings throughout
- Requires a degree of cosmetic modernisation throughout
from the pavement the property is approached via block paved pathway adjacent to an attractive front garden and to the main entrance of the property. Six-panelled door with stained glass skylight over opening into:-
tessellated tiled flooring, dado rail, ceiling cornice with ceiling rose, glass atrium roof, wall mounted candle holder, main door into entrance hallway. Door straight ahead into:-
forming the back part of the box porch with double glazed windows to side and rear elevations, perfect as a bike storage area.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 25' 7'' x 8' 2'' (7.79m x 2.49m)
large entrance hallway with original staircase rising to first floor landing. High ceilings and ceiling cornice with central ceiling rose. Tiled flooring throughout and wall mounted radiator. Four doors from this level lead into the principal reception rooms. Understairs storage cupboard.
SITTING ROOM: 25' 6'' x 21' 6'' max into bay (7.77m x 6.55m)
formerly two rooms opened into one, both rooms retain their original ornate ceiling mouldings with twin ceiling roses, picture rail and ornate opposing fireplaces on both sides of the room with cast iron inserts and decorative surrounds. Triple wood framed sash windows to front elevation set into shallow angled window bay with window seat and further shallow window bay with wood framed sash window. All windows overlook the front garden and towards the top end of the Downs. Twin radiators and dimmer switch lighting.
FAMILY/GARDEN ROOM: 15' 11'' x 14' 5'' (4.85m x 4.39m)
upvc patio doors and windows onto rear elevation facing garden, ornate ceiling cornice with central ceiling rose, picture rail, fireplace currently housing electric fire with ornate cast iron insert behind and attractive surround, radiator, fish tank window between this room and the dining room.
DINING ROOM: 15' 7'' x 11' 5'' (4.75m x 3.48m)
connected and open plan with the adjacent kitchen; triple alcoves to one wall, intercom entry system, built in cupboard storage, radiator, ceiling cornice and central ceiling rose, connecting door back to entrance hallway.
KITCHEN: 19' 11'' x 10' 10'' (6.07m x 3.30m)
extending from the dining room; fully fitted kitchen with granite work surfaces on both sides with eye and floor level cupboards and drawers, tiled splashbacks, twin upvc double glazed windows to side elevation overlooking garden with central door providing garden access. Ceramic sink with stainless steel mixer tap and drainer, display cabinets, space for American style fridge/freezer, space for dishwasher, space for 5 ring range oven and extractor hood over. Tiled flooring throughout, natural lighting from central Velux window. Ceiling cornice with twin ceiling roses.
UTILITY ROOM: 6' 8'' x 6' 4'' (2.03m x 1.93m)
upvc double glazed window to side elevation overlooking garden, fully tiled floor and walls, spaces for further kitchen appliances including washing machine and further fridge/freezer.
obscured upvc double glazed window to rear elevation with fully tiled walls and floor, low level wc, hand basin with mixer tap, twin mirrored medicine cabinets, radiator and small loft access hatch.
radiator, further flight of stairs rising to first floor landing, door into:-
BEDROOM 3: 12' 0'' min x 11' 6'' (3.65m x 3.50m)
wood framed sash window to rear elevation overlooking garden with radiator below, ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, understairs storage cupboard, further door into:-
En Suite Shower:
obscured upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, fully tiled walls and floor, low level wc, hand basin with mixer tap, radiator, wall mounted gas fired Vaillant boiler, shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled mixer shower.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING: 16' 2'' x 8' 2'' (4.92m x 2.49m)
naturally lit by a vast glass atrium roof, ornate ceiling cornice and ceiling rose. Five doors lead from the landing to:-
BEDROOM 1: 21' 7'' into bay x 14' 1'' (6.57m x 4.29m)
triple wood framed sash windows to front elevation set into shallow angled window bay with views over the top of the Downs and triple radiators below, ceiling mouldings with ornate central ceiling rose, picture rail, fireplace with ornate cast iron insert behind and attractive surround, further door into:-
En-Suite Shower Room:
shower cubicle with thermostatically controlled mixer shower, hand basin with cupboards below, low level wc, mirrored medicine cabinet, extractor fan, fully tiled floor and walls.
BEDROOM 2: 15' 11'' x 14' 5'' (4.85m x 4.39m)
twin wood framed sash windows to rear elevation overlooking garden, ceiling cornice, central ceiling rose, picture rail, radiator, , fireplace with ornate cast iron insert behind and attractive surround.
BEDROOM 4: 16' 10'' x 11' 1'' (5.13m x 3.38m)
wood framed sash window to front elevation overlooking the top of the Downs, coved ceiling, picture rail, radiator, central ceiling rose, , fireplace with ornate cast iron insert behind and attractive surround.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 8' 1'' x 8' 2'' (2.46m x 2.49m)
obscured upvc double glazed window to side elevation with radiator below, panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment with shower screen, low level wc, his and hers double sinks with mixer taps and cupboards below with mirrored medicine cabinets over, fully tiled floors and walls, ceiling cornice.
staircase continues rising from first floor landing to half landing with radiator. Door into:-
BEDROOM 8: 11' 7'' x 9' 6'' (3.53m x 2.89m)
wood framed sash window to rear elevation overlooking garden, lane and far reaching garden views. Cast iron fireplace insert with attractive surround, radiator, small storage cupboard housing second boiler.
SECOND FLOOR LANDING: 20' 8'' max x 4' 8'' (6.29m x 1.42m)
naturally lit by twin wood framed double glazed Velux skylights. Five further doors opening to all principal rooms on this level.
BEDROOM 5: 16' 10'' x 12' 7'' (5.13m x 3.83m)
upvc double glazed window to front elevation overlooking the top of the Downs into dormer window with radiator below, small cupboard into alcove. Cast iron fireplace insert with attractive surround, built-in wardrobes and drawers along one wall.
BEDROOM 7: 15' 11'' x 14' 5'' max (4.85m x 4.39m)
upvc double glazed window to rear elevation into dormer window bay with far reaching garden views, radiator below. Cast iron fireplace insert with attractive surround.
BEDROOM 6: 12' 9'' x 11' 11'' (3.88m x 3.63m)
upvc double glazed window to front elevation overlooking the top of the Downs, radiator. Cast iron fireplace insert with attractive surround.
LAUNDRY ROOM: 9' 6'' x 8' 2'' (2.89m x 2.49m)
wood framed double glazed Velux window to side elevation, 1 1/3rd ceramic sink with mixer tap and drainer set into roll edged L shaped work surface area with eye and floor level cupboards and drawers, space for oven with extractor hood over, space for further kitchen appliance, tiled flooring, radiator, splashback tiling over worksurfaces.
BATHROOM/WC: NO. 2: 9' 6'' x 5' 5'' (2.89m x 1.65m)
skylight to side elevation, fully tiled floors and walls, low level wc, hand basin with mirrored medicine cabinet over, bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, fully enclosed shower screen.
DETACHED GARAGE: 20' 6'' x 12' 0'' (6.24m x 3.65m)
accessible by a rear vehicular access lane from either Henleaze Road or Henleaze Gardens; a large detached pitched roof garage, side door and side window, up and over door.
an attractive front lawned garden with mature hedging and tree for privacy and bedded borders adjacent to the property, outside tap.
large patio area immediately abutting the property with a fully walled and enclosed garden extending away from it, outside water and lighting. At the foot of the garden is a pedestrian access gate onto the rear lane.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold with an annual rent charge of £13.13s.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.