St Ronans Avenue, Redland
A handsome and deceptively spacious 5 double bedroom (1 with en suite), 4 reception room Victorian family home situated on a popular and convenient road in Redland. Further benefiting from off street parking, a fabulous 38ft x 26ft rear garden PLUS flexible lower ground floor accommodation with an independent entrance. Situated in the heart of Redland on a peaceful wide road in a highly convenient location within a level stroll of the shops and cafes of Cotham Hill and Whiteladies Road, as well as Clifton Down shopping centre/Sainsbury’s supermarket, bus connections and Clifton Down Train Station. Excellent schools are within easy reach including Cotham Gardens Primary, Cotham Second and Bristol Grammar School. Ground Floor: wonderful central entrance hallway, 20ft x 13ft sitting room, bay fronted dining room/reception 2, reception 3/home office, kitchen/breakfast room accessing a raised decked terrace with steps down onto the rear garden, useful cloaks storage cupboard and staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor landing. First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 (off lower mezzanine landing), bedroom 5 and family bathroom/wc. Lower Ground Floor: flexible lower ground floor rooms with independent access from the front of the property comprising an entrance hallway, central landing, reception 4/garden room with door directly accessing the rear garden, utility room, workshop/store and second family bathroom. Outside: to the front there is a pretty front garden with driveway off street parking beside. To the rear there is a wonderful 38ft x 26ft level rear garden, mainly laid to lawn with attractive stone boundary walls, well stocked flower borders, seating areas and raised decked terrace. A much loved and exceptionally well-kept family home with versatile, roomy accommodation in a lovely sought after location.
- A handsome 5 double bedroom(1 with en suite) Victorian family home
- 4 reception rooms and an overall floor area of 2907 sq ft
- Versatile lower ground floor space
- Off street parking
- Beautiful 38ft x 26ft rear garden
- Lovely location on a surprisingly peaceful road
via pathway leading beside front garden and driveway up the left hand side of the property where you will find the main front door.
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, original tiled flooring and an attractive part stained glass exposed stripped period door leading through into:-
RECEPTION HALLWAY 20' 1'' x 6' 7'' inclusive of stasircase (6.12m x 2.01m)
a lovely welcoming central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator and doors off to the sitting room (rear), dining room (front), reception 3/home office and kitchen/breakfast room, original staircase rises to first floor landing and descends to the lower ground floor landing and further door accesses a useful cloaks storage cupboard.
SITTING ROOM: (ear) 20' 1'' max into bay x 13' 9'' max into chimney recess (6.12m x 4.19m)
a good sized sitting room with high ceilings with original cornicing, ceiling rose and picture rail, bay window to rear comprising 3 timber framed double glazed sash windows offers a lovely leafy outlook over the rear and neighbouring gardens, period cast iron fireplace with gas coal effect fire, marble surround and slate hearth, built in open book shelving to chimney recess. Radiators and television points.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (front) 18' 8'' max into bay x 12' 0'' max into chimney recess (5.69m x 3.65m)
an elegant bay fronted room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing and picture rail, an attractive period cast iron fireplace with gas coal effect fire, marble surround and slate hearth, 3 timber framed double glazed sash windows to front offer a surprisingly open outlook down Kenilworth Road opposite. Radiators.
RECEPTION 3/HOME OFFICE: 14' 8'' x 7' 10'' (4.47m x 2.39m)
ceiling coving, exposed stripped floorboards, original sash window to front. Radiator.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 17' 11'' x 10' 1'' (5.46m x 3.07m)
a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cream coloured units with base and eye level cupboards and drawers and square edged wood block effect worktop and inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, integrated appliances including an eye level Bosch double oven, tall larder fridge, separate freezer, dishwasher, 4 ring gas hob and built in stainless steel chimney hood over, space for breakfast table and chairs, engineered oak flooring, wall mounted thermostat control for central heating, ceiling coving, inset spotlights and part glazed door leading out onto the raised decked terrace/balcony with steps leading down to the rear garden. Radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
The property has flexible lower ground floor rooms which can be accessed via the staircase from the hallway, or independently by a separate front door from the front of the property, giving the space great flexibility.
HALLWAY: 14' 7'' x 3' 9'' (4.44m x 1.14m)
accessed via a glazed front door from the front of the property giving the lower ground floor independent access into this entrance hallway with part glazed door leading through into a central landing.
tiled floor and doors leading off reception 4/garden room, utility room, workshop, bathroom/wc and understairs storage space, further door accesses the stairs rising up to the main entrance hallway of the house.
RECEPTION 4/GARDEN ROOM: 17' 7'' x 13' 5'' max into chimney recess with an approx ceiling height of 6'4" (5.36m x 4.09m)
out onto the rear garden provided by a part glazed door, plenty of natural light provided by windows either side, period range style fireplace, tiled floor, inset spotlights, radiator and door to large storage area.
UTILITY ROOM: (front) 20' 8'' x 7' 11'' (6.29m x 2.41m)
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, dryer and fridge/freezer, ample further storage space and window to front.
panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, part mosaic tiled wall, tiled floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan and glazed panel providing some borrowed natural light through from reception 3.
WORKSHOP/STORE: 18' 8'' x 7' 7'' (5.69m x 2.31m)
useful storage space/workshop with window to front.
a spacious landing with doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 (off lower mezzanine landing) and bedroom 5. Further door accesses the family bathroom. Ceiling coving, inset spotlights and glazed roof light panel providing borrowed light through from the skylight window in the roof over, which floods down through the landing and stairwell.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) 15' 3'' x 14' 0'' max into built in wardrobes (4.64m x 4.26m)
a double bedroom with 2 large sash windows to rear, original cast iron fireplace with marble surround, radiator, built in wardrobes and door accessing en suite shower room/wc.
En Suite Shower Room/wc: 9' 6'' x 5' 7'' (2.89m x 1.70m)
a white suite comprising corner shower enclosure, low level wc with concealed cistern, 2 wash hand basins set into a counter with cabinets beneath and mirrored lighting over, extractor fan, radiator/towel rail and high level Velux skylight window providing natural light.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 18' 6'' x 11' 11'' (5.63m x 3.63m)
a generous double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and period cast iron fireplace with marble surround. Wide bay to front comprising 3 feature arched sash windows with a lovely open outlook down Kenilworth Road opposite. Radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (front) 14' 6'' x 7' 9'' max into chimney recess (4.42m x 2.36m)
double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and original cast iron fireplace, sash window to front offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2 and a radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (off lower mezzanine landing) 18' 4'' x 10' 3'' (5.58m x 3.12m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and original cast iron fireplace, sash window to rear, radiator and built in wardrobes and storage cupboards.
BEDROOM 5: 18' 6'' x 10' 5'' max into chimney recess (5.63m x 3.17m)
half flight of stairs rises up from the first floor landing into bedroom 5, a double bedroom with sash window to rear, a pretty period fireplace, radiator, skylight window and high level door accessing loft storage space.
L shaped bathroom comprising panelled bath with central system fed shower over and folding glass shower screen, low level wc, wash hand basin, built in storage cabinets and window to front.
OFF STREET PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
there is a driveway to the front providing off street parking for one vehicle with a pretty lawned front garden beside with attractive stone period boundary wall and pathway leading up to the main front door.
REAR GARDEN: approx 38' 0'' x 26' 0'' (11.57m x 7.92m)
a level lawned rear garden with attractive stone boundary walls and deep section of flower borders containing various plants and shrubs, raised decked terrace accessed directly from the kitchen and further paved seating area at the bottom of the garden with small garden pond. Closest to the property there is a further paved seating area with door leading through into reception 4/garden at lower ground floor level. Outside tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.