Northumberland Road, Redland
To be sold for the first time in over 35 years; this fabulous large 5 double bedroom Edwardian period family home offers ample accommodation, 50ft rear garden and off-street parking. Further benefitting from extensive basement rooms offering further potential and located within just 600m of the highly regarded Redland Green School.Situated on a lovely tree-lined peaceful road in Redland, within easy reach of the shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road/Zetland Road. Also within close proximity of the green open spaces of Redland Green Park and Cotham Gardens Park. Redland train station and bus connections to central areas are also nearby and Cotham Gardens Primary School and Redland Green Secondary School are both within a quarter of a mile. Having been a much loved family home now offering exciting scope to cosmetically update to one's tastes and requirements. Handy basement rooms with 6'11 ceiling heights which are perfect for storage, workshop space or potentially for conversion into further accommodation (subject to first obtaining the necessary consents). Ground Floor: entrance porch, reception hall, bay fronted drawing room, study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room. First Floor: landing, three double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc and separate cloakroom/wc, two further double bedrooms located off the lower and upper mezzanine landings (5 double bedrooms in total). Outside: pretty front garden with driveway off street parking for one car, 50ft x 25ft lawned rear garden with sitting out area. A handsome, large family house in a beautiful leafy location.
- To be sold for the first time in over 35 years
- A fabulous large Edwardian period family home
- 5 double bedrooms
- Bay fronted drawing room
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Handy basement rooms with 6'11 ceiling heights
- Pretty front garden with driveway parking for one car
- 50ft x 25ft lawned rear garden with sitting out area
- A handsome, large family house in a beautiful leafy location
from the pavement there is a brick paviored pathway leading alongside the house to the front entrance. Solid six-panelled wooden door opening to:-
tessellated tiled flooring, high sloping obscure glazed glass roof, wall light point. Part stained glass double doors with matching side panels and overlights, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (23' 10'' x 7' 4'') (7.26m x 2.23m)
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious family home, having an elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles. Ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling plasterwork, picture rail, fitted bookshelving and open-fronted cloakroom. Part obscure glazed door opening to the utility room. Six-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (20' 4'' x 14' 9'' into bay window) (6.19m x 4.49m)
a gracious principal reception room having full width bay window to the front elevation comprising three large sash windows. Central coal effect gas fire with marble mantelpiece and hearth. Exposed wooden floorboards, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling plasterwork plus rose.
STUDY: (15' 1'' x 8' 11'') (4.59m x 2.72m)
sash window to the front elevation, central period fireplace with cast iron surround and mantelpiece, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (16' 3'' x 13' 10'') (4.95m x 4.21m)
having a pair of sash windows overlooking the rear garden. Base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, roll edged granite effect worktop surfaces with splashback tiling, 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over, space for electric oven with extractor, central period fireplace, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and ceiling rose. Door with steps down to:-
UTILITY ROOM: (13' 10'' x 9' 11'') (4.21m x 3.02m)
sash window overlooking the rear garden. Base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, worktop surfaces, stainless steel sink with draining board to side, chimney breast with recesses to either side, built-in dresser. Door returning to the reception hall. Part glazed door with stairs descending to the basement.
SPLIT LEVEL LANDING:
turning staircase ascending to the second floor, enjoying plenty of natural light via Velux window. Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder with slatted shelving. Picture rail and simple moulded cornicing. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 4: (13' 11'' x 10' 1'') (4.24m x 3.07m)
sash window overlooking the rear garden with rooftop views, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with double opening cupboard), picture rail.
BEDROOM 1: (19' 2'' x 14' 9'' max measurements) (5.84m x 4.49m)
full width bay window to the front elevation comprising three large sash windows with views across to Cotham Church to one side, central ornate cast iron fireplace with art nouveau tiled hearth, exposed wooden floorboards, simple moulded cornicing.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 9'' x 13' 10'') (4.80m x 4.21m)
a pair of sash windows to the rear elevation with rooftop views, period fireplace with decorative tiled hearth and slips, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing.
BEDROOM 3: (15' 1'' x 8' 11'') (4.59m x 2.72m)
sash window to the front elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with double opening wardrobe and the other with shelving), picture rail.
obscure glazed sash window to the side elevation, low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin.
BATHROOM/WC: (8' 8'' x 6' 3'') (2.64m x 1.90m)
panelled bath with hot and cold water taps, shower screen plus wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps. Low level wc. Obscure glazed sash window to the side elevation, wall light with shaver point.
At three quarter landing:
BEDROOM 5: (13' 11'' x 10' 2'') (4.24m x 3.10m)
sash window to the rear elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace, pedestal wash hand basin.
enjoying plenty of natural light via the aforementioned Velux window, picture rail. Four-panelled door opening to:-
BEDROOM 6: (13' 6'' x 10' 6'') (4.11m x 3.20m)
part restricted head height with sloping ceiling with exposed beam and Velux window. Eaves storage space. door to:-
LOFT ROOM: (12' 11'' x 11' 5'') (3.93m x 3.48m)
part restricted head height and offering scope for enhancement subject to first obtaining the necessary consents, boarded flooring, ceiling light point.
Having 6’11”/2.11m ceiling heights throughout.
CENTRAL HALL: (22' 7'' x 6' 10'') (6.88m x 2.08m)
tiled flooring, ceiling light point, understairs storage area. Access to:-
ROOM 1: (20' 1'' x 14' 1'') (6.12m x 4.29m)
a pair of casement windows to the front elevation, ceiling light point.
ROOM 2: (14' 6'' x 8' 7'') (4.42m x 2.61m)
casement window to the front elevation, wall light point, meter boxes.
ROOM 3: (15' 9'' x 13' 4'') (4.80m x 4.06m)
Belfast style sink with hot and cold water taps, two illuminate strip lights, space and plumbing for washing machine, two windows overlooking the rear garden, part obscure glazed door opening externally to the rear garden. Cupboard door to store room 4. Door to:-
low level wc, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
ROOM 4: (13' 2'' x 9' 3'') (4.01m x 2.82m)
with 4’8”/1.42m ceiling height, wall mounted Worcester gas fired condensing boiler (installed March 2020).
designed for ease of maintenance with shaped borders featuring a colourful array of plants and shrubs, central established magnolia stellata which blossoms white in early spring.
off-street parking for one car.
REAR GARDEN: (48' 0'' x 26' 0'') (14.62m x 7.92m)
predominantly laid to lawn with central pathway leading to a patio at the very bottom of the garden which offers ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Well stocked borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Established Red Devil apple tree, Victoria plum and pear tree. Side access via the entrance porch.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is also a rent charge of £10. This information should be checked by your legal adviser
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.