Howard Road, Westbury Park
Situated along this much sought after road in Westbury Park; a beautifully presented and extended 3 double bedroom Edwardian period family house of character, having stunning kitchen/family/living space with bi-folding doors to a lovely level 60ft rear garden.
A fine period residence (dating from 1904), having plenty of original features such as high ceilings, period fireplaces, ornate moulded plasterwork and sash windows. These blend seamlessly with some well considered high quality modern improvements such as a ground floor extension with powder coated aluminium bi-folding doors and skylights plus two interconnecting reception rooms.
High quality kitchen having shaker style base and eye level units, granite worktop surfaces and integrated appliances including electric double oven, tall fridge/freezer, separate freezer, 4 ring gas hob, extractor hood, washing machine and dishwasher.
The neighbourhood has a great deal to offer. The nearby schools whether state or private are of an excellent standard and are highly regarded, these include Henleaze Primary (400m), Westbury Park Primary (500m), Redland Green Secondary School (850m), Badminton (800m) and Redmaids (1km). The local convenience store is a nearby Waitrose. Just a short walk way there is a fishmonger, two butcher's shops, cafes, good restaurants aplenty including Little French and Prego, a gastro pub and many varied independent local shops to explore as well as the local library and independent cinema. Just a short stroll away is the Downs which offers 400 acres of recreational space as well as Redland Green.
The property backs directly onto the community play park on Fallodon Way and indeed there is a pedestrian gate giving direct access.
Subject to obtaining the necessary consents some may elect to do a loft conversion for which there is ample space and the present owners have already set up the electrics, water supply and smoke alarm system in readiness.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, bay fronted sitting room with wide wall opening through to living room, stunning kitchen/family/living space (21ft x 16ft), separate wc.
First Floor: part galleried landing, 3 double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc.
Outside: front courtyard, level 60ft west facing rear garden with sitting out area and garden shed.
Our vendor clients have independently secured a property with complete chain which is in the final stages of the conveyancing process, therefore a prompt move is possible.
- Mid-terraced two-storey Edwardian period family home
- 3 double bedrooms
- Two interconnecting reception rooms
- Extended kitchen family living space with bi-folding doors
- 60ft west facing level rear garden
- Popular road in Westbury Park
- Our vendor clients have secured independently
- An earliest viewing unhesitatingly recommended
from the pavement, a wrought iron pedestrian gate opens onto an entrance pathway leading to the front entrance. Solid six-panelled wooden door with brass door furniture and fanlight, opening to:-
tessellated tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, coat hooks and ceiling light point. Part glazed door with overlight opening to:-
Engineered oak flooring, elegant staircase ascending to the first floor with handrail and ornately carved spindles, useful understairs storage cupboard, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling arch, radiator, two ceiling light points. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
low level dual flush wc, Belfast style sink with wooden worktop and hot and cold water taps plus splashback tiling, tiled flooring, tall moulded skirtings, floating bookshelves, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
SITTING ROOM & LIVING ROOM: (26' 6'' x 13' 6'') (8.07m x 4.11m)
measured as one but described separately as follows:-
central period fireplace with cast iron surround, ornately carved Carrera marble mantelpiece and granite hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (both with double opening cupboards), engineered oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, ceiling rose with light point. Double opening casement doors with overlight opening to the kitchen/family/living space. Wide wall opening through to:-
bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows, period fireplace (which is working) with cast iron surround, ornately carved Carrera marble mantelpiece and granite hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, engineered oak flooring, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling rose with light point, radiator.
KITCHEN/FAMILY/LIVING SPACE: (21' 9'' x 17' 0'') (6.62m x 5.18m)
a recent and well considered extended family room. Comprehensively fitted with an array of shaker style base and eye level units combining drawers, cabinets, shelving and wine rack. Granite worktop surfaces with matching upstands. Stainless steel sink with draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Integral appliances including tall fridge/freezer, additional freezer, eye level electric double oven, 4 ring gas hob with extractor hood, washing machine and dishwasher. Cupboard housing wall mounted gas fired combination boiler. Engineered oak flooring, wall mounted digital thermostat control with underfloor heating, inset ceiling downlights, ample space for table and chairs, tall moulded skirtings, breakfast bar. Skylight and two Velux windows to the side elevation. Powder coated aluminium double glazed bi-folding doors overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden with windows to either side and triangular window above.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, moulded skirtings, dado rail, ceiling light point. Two loft access points. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 0'' x 14' 2'') (5.18m x 4.31m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows plus an additional sash window, ornate cast iron fireplace with built-in wardrobes and cupboards above to either side, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (11' 11'' x 11' 5'') (3.63m x 3.48m)
multi-paned double glazed sash window to the rear elevation, central ornate cast iron fireplace, pair of double opening built-in wardrobes with cupboards above, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 3: (9' 4'' x 8' 8'') (2.84m x 2.64m)
double glazed sash window overlooking the rear garden and trees beyond, moulded skirtings, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (6' 3'' x 5' 0'') (1.90m x 1.52m)
panelled bath with mixer tap, shower screen and handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap and splashback tiling. Tiled flooring and walls, moulded skirtings, obscure double glazed window to the side elevation, ceiling light point, extractor fan.
set back from the road behind a dwarf stone wall with clipped privet hedge for privacy.
REAR GARDEN: (60' 0'' x 18' 0'') (18.27m x 5.48m)
a delightful, level and very sunny rear garden having the unusual benefit of a pedestrian gate opening directly onto the nearby community park on Fallodon Way. Immediately to the rear of the kitchen/family space there is a patio with ample space for garden furniture and potted plants. The remainder of the garden is principally laid to lawn and enclosed on all three sides by timber fencing and borders that feature an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs. Garden shed, external lighting and double power socket plus water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale, along with the fitted carpets in the three bedrooms and stairs/landing. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.