Fremantle Road l Cotham
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,250,000 - £1,350,000.
Offering great potential to create an outstanding family home of great character. A 4/6 bedroom, 2/3 reception room semi-detached house. Surrounded by generous gardens in an elevated and leafy position near to St Matthews church.
A very rare opportunity to acquire one of four substantial, non-listed, semi-detached houses dating from 1850 in this highly desirable location on the borders of Cotham and Kingsdown.
Generous and flexible accommodation of circa 2500sq.ft currently laid out as a 4 bedroom, 2/3 reception room family residence with a self-contained 2 bedroom lower ground floor flat (which could easily be incorporated back into the main house), providing a valuable income (£1,200pcm) or space for dependent/independent relatives.
A superb location in amongst the characterful houses of Cotham and the cobbled streets of Kingsdown and offering close and straightforward access to Gloucester Road, the city centre and Whiteladies Road. Nearby to Bristol’s academic and medical districts, excellent local schools including Cotham Gardens Primary, Cotham Secondary and Bristol Grammar.
Offered with no onward chain which makes for a prompt and straightforward move.
- A substantial semi-detached house
- In an elevated and leafy position near to St Matthews Church
- Offering potential to create an outstanding family home
- Surrounded by generous gardens
- Dating from c.1850
- Non listed
- Currently laid out as 4 bedroom, 2/3 reception with 2 bed flat
- No onward chain
- Circa 2500 sq.ft
the house faces Fremantle Road but the access is via gated entrance to the side via Cotham Side. Gate opens into gardens and three or four steps up into:-
with stained glass door, glazing to the side elevation, door opens into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 12' 9'' x 9' 0'' (3.88m x 2.74m)
doors open into the sitting/dining room and study. Stairs rise to the upper floors, radiator. Door to utility/downstairs wc.
measured and described independently as follows:-
Sitting Room: 16' 0'' x 14' 1'' (4.87m x 4.29m)
large sash window with working shutters to the front elevation overlooking the front garden with views across and beyond Bristol, ornate ceiling cornicing, cast iron fireplace with slate hearth and wooden surround and mantle, fitted storage shelves to either side of the chimney breast, radiator, large opening with timber doors opening out into:-
Dining Room: 13' 10'' x 12' 11'' (4.21m x 3.93m)
large sash window with working shutters to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, ornate ceiling cornicing and rose, radiator, an impressive marble fireplace with slate hearth.
KITCHEN: 10' 1'' x 8' 3'' (3.07m x 2.51m)
large multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation with a view of the rear garden and St Matthews Church, fitted with a range of wall and base units incorporating working surfaces, stainless steel sink unit, mixer tap and draining board, partially tiled walls, appliance space for tall fridge/freezer. 4 ring gas hob with filter hood above, electric double oven, space and plumbing for dishwasher.
STUDY/RECEPTION 3: 10' 3'' x 9' 11'' (3.12m x 3.02m)
large multi-paned sash window complete with working shutters to the front elevation overlooking the front garden, ornate ceiling cornicing, radiator.
DOWNSTAIRS WC & UTILITY: 8' 3'' x 7' 8'' (2.51m x 2.34m)
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and tumble dryer above, gas boiler, opaque glazed casement windows to front and side elevations.
LANDING: 12' 6'' x 8' 11'' (3.81m x 2.72m)
doors lead off to all rooms, lovely glazed area providing an abundance of natural light.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 0'' x 14' 0'' (4.87m x 4.26m)
multi-paned sash window to front elevation, picture rail, three radiators.
BEDROOM 2: 14' 1'' x 13' 0'' (4.29m x 3.96m)
large multi-paned sash window to rear elevation, attractive ornamental fireplace, exposed wooden flooring, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 10' 2'' x 10' 0'' (3.10m x 3.05m)
multi-paned sash window to front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: 9' 11'' x 8' 3'' (3.02m x 2.51m)
multi-paned sash window to rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, radiator, ceiling cornicing.
LOFT ROOM 5: 12' 4'' x 11' 3'' (3.76m x 3.43m)
casement window, built-in storage, radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
steps lead down to the private entrance.
doors to the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom 1. Wall mounted gas boiler.
KITCHEN: 12' 3'' x 8' 8'' (3.73m x 2.64m)
range of wall and base units, working surfaces, tiled splashbacks, space for: oven, automatic washing machine and fridge/freezer.
SITTING ROOM: 14' 9'' x 13' 10'' (4.49m x 4.21m)
window to front elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 1: 13' 11'' x 12' 7'' (4.24m x 3.83m)
window to rear elevation, radiator, built-in wardrobe.
BEDROOM 2: 9' 9'' x 9' 8'' (2.97m x 2.94m)
window to front elevation, radiator.
white suite comprising low level wc, panelled bath with shower fitment, pedestal wash handbasin, partially tiled walls, extractor fan, radiator.
FRONT GARDEN: 36' 0'' x 22' 0'' (10.96m x 6.70m)
lawned garden with high hedgerow providing privacy.
REAR GARDEN: 38' 0'' x 36' 0'' (11.57m x 10.96m)
beautiful garden with a south westerly aspect and views of St Matthews church. Laid mainly to lawn with a raised seating area and flower borders.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rent charge of £4.0s.0d p.a.. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.