Stoke Hill, Stoke Bishop
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £500,000 - £550,000 To be sold for the first time since 1950 – a charming 3 bedroom, 2 reception early Victorian period cottage offering accommodation of over 1,300 sq.ft., generous front and rear gardens, driveway parking and the very rare advantage of a 300 sq.ft. double garage. A treasured family home over many generations the house has a certain decadence and charm and somewhat understandably now requires updating and offers an exciting chance to improve, possibly extend to individual requirements, in the fullness of time. Set in a favourable location close to the shops on Stoke Hill yet set back from the road. Stoke Bishop is a leafy suburb of Bristol and walks available in most directions – the Sneyd Park Nature Reserve and The Downs are close by. Ground Floor: sitting room, dining area, kitchen, breakfast area/pantry, rear vestibule, cloakroom/wc. First Floor: bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bathroom/wc. Outside: front garden with off street parking, rear garden and double garage. Offered with no onward chain.
- Early Victorian period cottage
- Sold for the time since since 1950
- 2 receptions
- 3 Bedrooms
- Generous front and rear gardens
- Driveway parking
- 300 sq.ft. double garage
- 1300 sq.ft.
gate and flagstone pathway leads up to the entrance porch with pretty sash window to the side elevation, cloaks cupboard and glazed doors open into the sitting area.
SITTING ROOM: 16' 8'' to front of chimney breast x 11' 3'' (5.08m x 3.43m)
an attractive glazed French doors to the front elevation opening out onto the front garden (they are currently painted shut, coal effect gas fire with large surround and hearth, ceiling mouldings, picture rail, original ceiling rose and large opening through into:
DINING AREA: 13' 8'' to front of chimney breast x 10' 5'' (4.16m x 3.17m)
2 sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, plate rack, serving hatch, large fireplace, 2 radiators. Understairs storage cupboard (10’5” x 3’0”) (3.18m x 0.91m) high level casement window to the rear elevation. Door opens into small rear vestibule with steps leading up to the first floor and a couple of steps leading down into the kitchen area.
KITCHEN: 11' 7'' x 8' 6'' (3.53m x 2.59m)
casement window to the rear elevation, door to garage and downstairs wc, wall mounted units and working surface incorporating sink unit and mixer tap, free standing gas hob and oven. Open doorway into the breakfast area/pantry.
BREAKFAST AREA/PANTRY: 8' 9'' x 8' 4'' measured to rear of fitted storage (2.66m x 2.54m)
sash window to the front elevation, radiator with some useful fitted larder storage.
REAR VESTIBULE: 20' 4'' x 3' 1'' (6.19m x 0.94m)
door opening into the double garage, downstairs wc and partially glazed door opening into the garden. There is an independent access to the front elevation.
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin and opaque casement window to the side elevation.
BEDROOM 1: 16' 7'' x 11' 2'' (5.05m x 3.40m)
generous bedroom with sash window to the front elevation overlooking the front garden, range of fitted wardrobes with storage above, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 17' 2'' x 11' 2'' (5.23m x 3.40m)
sash window to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, range of wardrobes and sink unit, corner shower cubicle.
BEDROOM 3: 11' 11'' x 9' 2'' (3.63m x 2.79m)
sash window to the front elevation, radiator, fitted wardrobe.
white suite comprising low level wc, bath with shower fitments above and shower screen, wash hand basin and vanity unit below, Airing Cupboard housing hot water tank.
FRONT GARDEN: approx 45' 0'' width x 28' 0'' depth (13.71m x 8.53m)
mainly laid as lawn with shrub, tree and flower borders.
OFF STREET PARKING:
there is driveway off street parking for 2 cars leading up to the double garage.
REAR GARDEN: 45' 0'' width x 42' 0'' depth (13.71m x 12.79m)
a large English cottage style garden with seating area, large pond, summer house, apple tree and gated side access.
DOUBLE GARGE: 20' 1'' length x 15' 11'' width (6.12m x 4.85m)
a very generous garage with plumbing for washing machine, light and power.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.