St Matthews Road, Cotham
A rather special, sizeable (circa 2,843 sq.ft.) & flexible 5 bedroom, 4 reception room Victorian period semi-detached family house of great character and charm in a highly prized road & prime central location. Offers generous off street parking (4 cars minimum), pretty front and rear gardens and an integrated & adaptable lower ground floor currently arranged with a 1 double bedroom flat. Stylish & well presented with a lovely atmosphere, has lots of natural light and real character with classic period features including fireplaces, moulded ceiling cornices and roses, sash windows some with working shutters etc. The lower ground floor accommodation is adaptable and flexible to suit own requirements providing lots of extra space for family use, working from home, an independent relative, au pair or teenagers domain et al. or as currently arranged with a garden room/study and large utility room for the main house and a 1 double bedroom flat for renting out (currently let at £895 pcm exclusive). Prime location: so much of Bristol seems just on the doorstep with easy walking to many city destinations, e.g. within 0.25 - 0.5 miles of the main BRI hospitals complex and University, Cotham Secondary School, Cotham Gardens Primary School and Cotham Gardens Park. Only a little further afield are found the city centre and waterfront areas, the Park Street and Triangle environs with nearby Brandon Hill Park whilst bustling Gloucester Road, Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village and the Downs are all within easy reach. A range of highly regarded independent schools are available in the area e.g. Bristol Grammar School, Bristol Cathedral School, QEH, Clifton High School and Clifton College. Hall Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, cloaks/wc, sitting room thro’ to morning room, dining room thro’ to kitchen/breakfast room. Lower Ground Floor: entrance & secondary utility/kitchenette areas with inner hallway, reception room 4, bedroom 5, bathroom/wc, inner lobby, garden room/study, large utility room. First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2 with shower room/wc, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, main bath & shower room/wc, access to extensive roof space. Outside: front garden (approx. 38ft wide x 30ft min depth) with ample off street parking for several cars, walled rear garden (37ft wide x 28ft deep) with south westerly side aspect.
- Rather special & sizeable (circa 2,843 sq. ft.)
- Victorian period semi-detached family house
- 5 bedrooms (2 en-suite)
- 4 reception rooms
- 14'5 x 9'9 kitchen/breakfast room
- Adaptable and flexible accommodation
- Lots of natural light & real character
- 38ft x 30ft front garden
- Off street parking for several cars
- Walled rear garden (37ft x 28ft)
through front garden/driveway area, wide steps and railings up to main front entrance door.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: ((7' 9'' x 6' 0'' max) (2.36m x 1.83m))
ceiling cornice, centre rose, etched & stained glass windows, dado rail, quarry tiled floor, inner door with corbeled arch & various inset stained glass leaded lights, radiator.
RECEPTION HALL: ((overall incl. of staircase 21' 2'' x 7' 6'') (6.45m x 2.28m))
ceiling cornice, centre rose, picture & dado rails, radiator with decorative cover.
CLOAKROOM/WC: ((4' 1'' x 3' 3'') (1.24m x 0.99m))
white suite, low level wc, hand basin, tiled floor, radiator, extractor fan.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (18' 8'' into bay x 13' 8'' into chimney recess) (5.69m x 4.16m))
ceiling cornice, centre rose, picture rail, wide bay with sash windows & working shutters, fine period fireplace with marble surround/over-mantel & iron insert & fire basket with living flame coal effect gas fire, radiators, double doors opening to:-
MORNING ROOM: ((front) (14' 1'' excl. bay x 10' 4'' into chimney recess) (4.29m x 3.15m))
ceiling cornice, centre rose, picture rail, shallow bay with sash window & working shutters, radiator.
DINING/FAMILY ROOM: ((rear) (15' 0'' into bay x 13' 8'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 4.16m))
ceiling cornice, centre rose, picture rail, period style fireplace surround & over-mantel with inset living flame coal effect gas fire, wide bay with sash windows and 'cafe style' plantation shutters, oak flooring, shelves/cupboards built into both chimney recesses, radiators, arch through to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((rear) (14' 5'' excl door bay x 9' 9'' into chimney recess) (4.39m x 2.97m))
good quality range of fitted base and wall units incorporating drawers, cupboards, cabinets, work surfaces & upstands with tiling behind & lighting over; inset ceramic single drainer sink unit with mixer tap; integrated dishwasher, fridge, separate double electric oven/grill & 5 ring gas hob with filter/extractor hood over; ceiling cornice, centre rose, picture rail, double glazed double doors opening to a raised sitting out balcony with railings and steps down to garden, inner door accessing lower ground floor via staircase down, radiator, electric underfloor heating, electric heated radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
internally via staircase down from kitchen on hall floor, externally via side steps & courtyard to an entrance door with outside light.
ENTRANCE & SECONDARY UTILITY/KITCHENETTE & INNER HALLWAY: ((side) (12' 6'' x 9' 7'' + 9'0 x 4'2) (3.81m x 2.92m + 2.74m x 1.27m))
base and wall units incorporating work surfaces with space under for fridge and washing machine, stainless steel single drainer sink unit with mixer tap and lighting over, under unit lighting over sink area and 4 ring gas hob with filter hood over, separate electric oven/grill, vinyl tiled flooring, electricity trip switches, radiator, under-stairs storage cupboard, lockable inter-connecting door accesses an Inner Lobby with stairs up to the rest of the house,.
RECEPTION ROOM: ((front) (18' 2'' into bay x 12' 3'' into chimney recess) (5.53m x 3.73m))
wide bay with double glazed sash windows, period style fireplace with iron/tiled inserts, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: ((front) (13' 8'' x 9' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.16m x 3.02m))
sash window, built in wardrobe cupboard, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: ((internal) (6' 11'' x 5' 0'') (2.11m x 1.52m))
white suite, low level wc, hand basin with tiled splashback & mirror/light/shaver point unit over, panelled bath in tiled surrounds with mixer tap and hand held shower hose and spray with wall bracket over bath, extractor fan, electric heated towel rail, radiator, water meter.
INNER LOBBY: ((4' 10'' x 3' 7'') (1.47m x 1.09m))
staircase rises to kitchen on hall floor, door off to:-
GARDEN ROOM/STUDY: ((rear) (12' 3'' min x 9' 5'') (3.73m x 2.87m))
sash window with working shutters, built in storage cupboard, electricity trip switches, radiator, door out to garden.
LARGE UTILITY ROOM: ((rear) (14' 3'' x 9' 11'') (4.34m x 3.02m))
sash window, tiled floor, extensive range of base & wall units incorporating drawers, cupboards and work surfaces, double drainer stainless steel sink unit with tiled splashback, plumbing for washing machine, ample space for fridge/freezer etc, radiator.
staircase rises from hall via half landing, dado rail, light shaft with Velux double glazed skylight window casts natural light into the stairwell & landing, radiator, steps to cupboard with access hatch and aluminium ladder up to extensive part boarded and insulated Roof Space with electric light.
BEDROOM 1 with EN-SUITE SHOWER/WC: ((front) (incl. dimensions 14' 8'' x 14' 4'' max) (4.47m x 4.37m))
ceiling cornice, triple sash windows, two built in fitted double wardrobes, radiator. En Suite Shower/wc: white suite, low level wc & hand basin cabinet with cupboard and concealed cistern, large tiled shower enclosure with system fed shower unit and flexible hose/wall bracket, tiled walls and floor, mirrored fronted cabinet with inset light and shaver point, electric heated towel rail, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2 with EN-SUITE SHOWER/WC: ((rear) (incl. dimensions 15' 1'' x 14' 5'' max) (4.59m x 4.39m))
ceiling cornice, sash window, radiator, built in linen cupboard/wardrobe with hanging rail, shelving, central heating/hot water time clock and programmer, lagged hot water cylinder with electric immersion heater. En Suite Shower/wc: white suite, low level wc, hand basin with tiled splashback and mirror with lighting behind, tiled shower enclosure with system fed Mira shower unit & flexible hose/spray head & wall bracket, electric heated towel rail, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 3: ((front) (13' 11'' x 10' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.24m x 3.07m))
sash window, built in fitted wardrobe, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: ((rear) (15' 1'' x 9' 10'' into chimney recess) (4.59m x 2.99m))
sash window, period fireplace, hand basin with tiled splashback, radiator.
BATHROOM & SHOWER ROOM/WC: ((side) (10' 4'' x 7' 6'') (3.15m x 2.28m))
ceiling cornice, sash window, white suite, tiled surrounds & floor, tiled panel bath with mixer tap & hand held shower hose and spray head, hand basin, low level wc, tiled shower enclosure with system fed shower unit & flexible hose/spray head & wall bracket, bathroom cabinet with inset light & shaver points, extractor fan, radiators, electric heated towel rail.
BOILER/STORE ROOM: ((7' 5'' x 5' 7'') (2.26m x 1.70m))
two gas boilers, electricity meters, electric light.
ample space for several vehicles on the gravelled driveway within the front garden.
Front: ((approx. 38' 0'' wide x 30' 0'' deep to front of bay) (11.57m x 9.14m))
Boundary enclosures include iron entrance gates on twin pillars, low stone walls, hedges, railings & fence panels. Gravelled driveway and parking area, side border with ornamental shrubs, trees & flowering plants including mature Silver Birch tree, wide flagstoned steps lead down the side of the house to the rear, gas meters, further iron gates and railings to rear garden
Rear: ((approx. 38' 0'' wide x 28' 0'' deep) (11.57m x 8.53m))
mature established garden enclosed by stone boundary walls mainly surmounted by creeper clad trellises; well stocked throughout with a profusion of flowering plants, shrubs, bushes and climbing plants; flagstone pathway and terraces immediately behind the house with steps & railings up to a raised sitting out balcony accessing the kitchen/breakfast room, further flagstone patio to one side enclosed by trellises and pergola, artificial turf lawn and gravelled area to the other side with fish pond and retained borders. Timber garden shed, cold water tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti-Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, Areas of First Priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.