Elton Road, Bishopston
Set within an impressive detached Victorian era building - a generously proportioned 2 double bedroom first floor apartment with its own staircase with windows on two elevations. Covering the entire floor of the building it is beautifully presented throughout with a blend of modern fittings and period features.
Situated in a highly convenient location on the borders of Redland and Bishopston, within a short stroll of the independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road whilst within just 600 metres of the highly regarded Redland Green School. Also handy for bus connections, Redland train station, Cotham Gardens and St Andrews Park.
A balanced flat with high ceilings, an abundance of natural light and windows in all rooms including kitchen and bathroom.
Has a private staircase which expands the floor area over typical flats which have a communal area in the centre of the conversion.
Accommodation: entrance hallway, bay fronted sitting room, kitchen, bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bathroom/wc.
- A beautiful detached double bay fronted late Victorian building
- One of 3 flats in the building
- Occupies the entire first floor and has its own staircase
- The loft space is demised to the flat
- Generous light levels to front and rear
- Owner owner occupied flat, much improved by current owners
- Close to Gloucester Road
- Balanced layout
the property is approached from the street through iron railings and over a short communal pathway which serves the upper two flats, with six-panelled communal door opening to:-
a short communal hallway with original Victorian tiling and consumer units in a meter cupboard on the left hand side. A pair of doors are immediately ahead, the left hand door of which is a private entrance into the flat.
private staircase starting at hall floor level which turns 180 degrees up to the first floor landing, naturally lit by rear facing upvc double glazed window, timber flooring at the hall floor level with carpeted stairs, head height metal enclosed electric consumer unit (installed 2020).
a central landing at the top of the stairs with borrowed light from all adjacent rooms when doors are left open which pivot from it and direct light from rear facing upvc double glazed window. Radiator, loft access hatch with drop down ladder.
SITTING ROOM: (15' 5'' x 14' 8'') (4.70m x 4.47m)
wide angled window bay with four wood framed sash windows to front elevation providing pleasant street scene views, wood effect flooring, picture rail, built-in shelving either side of disused chimney breast, wall mounted radiator.
KITCHEN: (12' 2'' x 9' 5'') (3.71m x 2.87m)
upvc double glazed window to rear elevation, fitted kitchen with eye and floor level cupboards, roll edged worksurfaces with splashback metro style tiles, inset enamel 1 1/3rd sink with drainer and swan neck mixer tap, electric oven with 4 ring electric hob and extractor hood over, spaces for slimline dishwasher and washing machine, integrated microwave. Further worksurface preparation area with open shelving, tile effect vinyl flooring, cupboard housing Worcester gas fired boiler (installed 2017).
BEDROOM 2: (15' 5'' x 9' 10'') (4.70m x 2.99m)
upvc double glazed window to rear elevation with radiator on opposing wall.
obscured upvc double glazed window to front elevation with tiled sill extending to tiled wall enclosure over an Edwardian style angled acrylic bath with mixer tap and Mira Sprint electric shower over and side shower screen. Ceramic tiled floor, Edwardian style pedestal hand basin with mixer tap, tiled splashback and mirrored medicine cabinet over, close coupled wc and mains fed heated towel rail.
the property is notable for not only not having another property above reducing noise transfer, but also that the inside of the large loft space is demised to this flat only.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 125 year (less 1 day) lease which commenced on 1 January 2005. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars there is no monthly service charge. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.