St Albans Road, Westbury Park
An exceptionally well proportioned 5 bedroom, 3 reception room Edwardian family home situated in the heart of Westbury Park on the sunny side of a popular road within just 300 metres of Westbury Park School and 800 metres of Redland Green School.
Sunny south westerly (33ft x 17ft) level rear garden with handy vehicular width rear access lane.
Highly sought after location for families, within easy reach of excellent schools and the green open spaces of Redland Green Park and Durdham Downs. Bus connections to central areas and Temple Meads Station are nearby as are local independent bakery, cafes, restaurants and Waitrose supermarket.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule leads into an entrance hallway with useful understairs storage compartments, wonderful bay fronted sitting room with open fire, reception 2/dining room (also with open fire) leads through to a kitchen, which in turn connects through to reception 3/music room. Cloakroom/wc, walk in larder cupboard, further storage and access to rear garden.
First Floor: split landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4 and bedroom 5.
A traditional and well kept family home with a wealth of period features, a sunny rear garden and exciting scope for some gentle cosmetic updating in areas.
- A well-proportioned 5 bedroom Edwardian family home (1889 sq ft)
- 3 reception rooms
- South westerly facing level rear garden with handy rear access lane
- Within 300m of Westbury Park school & 800m of Redland Green school
- Many retained period features
via garden gate and pathway leading through a small front garden towards the main front door of the house.
high ceilings with original cornicing, picture rail, original tessellated tiled floor and part glazed inner door leading through into the entrance hallway.
wonderful high ceilings with decorative cornicing, picture rail, dado rail, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, staircase rising to first floor landing with useful space saving understairs drawers and cupboards and doors lead off to the sitting room, dining room/reception 2 and reception 3/music room.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) 15' 9'' max into bay x 12' 6'' max into chimney recess (4.80m x 3.81m))
a wonderful bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and picture rail, wide bay to front comprises 4 sash windows with original stained glass panels over, lovely period open fireplace with inset tiles, original surround and slate hearth, radiator.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (13' 4'' x 10' 7'' max into chimney recess (4.06m x 3.22m))
a good sized dining room with high ceilings and picture rail, an attractive open period style cast iron fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth, built in low level sideboard cupboards to chimney recesses, original exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, door accessing recessed cloaks storage cupboard and further door accessing generous walk in larder (with appliance space for fridge/freezer and built in shelving). Further part glazed French doors with stained glass panels either side leads through into a kitchen.
KITCHEN: (14' 4'' x 5' 11'' max (4.37m x 1.80m))
a range of built in kitchen units comprising base and eye level cupboards with granite worktops, inset double Belfast style sink, appliance space for range cooker, washing machine and dishwasher, roof light atrium style window provides plenty of natural light. Wall mounted radiator, door through to rear lobby, which in turn accesses the rear garden and a ground floor cloakroom/wc and further double doors create a sociable opening through to reception 3/music room.
RECEPTION 3/MUSIC ROOM: (20' 5'' max into bay x 10' 3'' (6.22m x 3.12m))
an elegant sunny reception room with a south westerly aspect and part glazed double doors leading out onto the rear garden with 2 sash windows beside and further window over, lovely high ceilings with original cornicing and picture rail, period style open cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, marble surround and slate hearth and a radiator.
wc with high level cistern.
a split landing with doors off to bedroom 1 and 2 to the front and bedroom 3 and family bathroom at the rear. Wall mounted Hive thermostat control for central heating and staircase rising to the second floor landing. Radiator.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) 17' 0'' max into chimney recess x 15' 4'' max into bay (5.18m x 4.67m))
a wonderful principal double bedroom spanning the width of the house with wide bay to front comprising 4 sash windows with further sash window beside, an attractive period style cast iron fireplace, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (13' 7'' x 10' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.14m x 3.32m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, an attractive cast iron fireplace, large sash window to rear.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear) 10' 10'' x 10' 3'' (3.30m x 3.12m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, dado rail, radiator and large sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (11' 0'' x 6' 9'' (3.35m x 2.06m))
a white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, shower enclosure, corner cupboard housing Worcester gas central heating boiler, radiator and window to side.
a large Velux skylight window and ceiling hatch accessing a useful loft storage space coving an area above the family bathroom and bedroom 3. Doors lead off to bedroom 4 and bedroom 5.
BEDROOM 4: ((front) 16' 11'' x 9' 11'' max (5.15m x 3.02m))
a double bedroom with side original dormer to front comprising 3 sash windows and a radiator.
BEDROOM 5: ((rear) 11' 1'' x 9' 1'' max taken below sloped ceilings (3.38m x 2.77m))
a double bedroom with large Velux skylight window and a radiator.
small front courtyard garden with attractive stone and brick boundary walls, tiled pathway leading to the front door and small garden area with various shrubs.
Rear: (approx 33' 0'' x 17' 0'' (10.05m x 5.18m))
a beautifully sunny south westerly facing rear garden mainly laid to paving with flower borders containing various shrubs, a Eucalyptus and Palm tree, garden shed, outside tap, log store and gated access to a handy vehicular width adopted rear access lane.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.