Clyde Lane, Redland
An elegant, attractive and well-proportioned 5 bedroom, 2 reception room Victorian family home situated in the heart of leafy Redland. Enjoying good sized level front, rear and side gardens and further benefiting from many original features and useful cellar storage/utility space. High ceilings and large sash windows on 3 sides add to this property’s sense of light and space. Tucked away in a highly convenient and central Redland location, within a short stroll of the local shops, cafes and restaurants of Chandos Road, and for the further shopping, eateries, bus connections and weekly farmers market of Whiteladies Road. The green open spaces of Redland Green Park, Cotham Gardens Park and Durdham Downs are also within easy reach as are excellent schools including St John’s Primary (350 metres) and Cotham Secondary (800 metres). Ground Floor: central entrance hallway, beautiful sitting room with large sash windows, reception 2/family room with a sociable connection through to a separate kitchen/breakfast room, with bi-folding doors accessing the rear garden. First Floor: landing, 2 large double bedrooms and a family bathroom/wc. Second Floor: landing with loft hatch, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and shower room/wc. Storage Cellars: the property has valuable storage space covering an area beneath the main entrance hallway and front sitting room. An engaging and much loved family home with plenty of original character and good sized sunny level gardens.
- An elegant and well proportioned Victorian home
- Situated in the heart of leafy Redland
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- Wonderful level rear and side gardens
- Useful cellar storage/utility space
- Over 2000 sq ft.
via stone pillars and garden gate off Clyde Lane into the side courtyard which wraps around into an attractive front garden and there is also gated access to the rear garden. Straight ahead you will find the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 18' 2'' x 5' 9'' max inclusive of staircase (5.53m x 1.75m)
a welcoming central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, feature archway, plenty of natural light provided by the glazed panel over the main front door, original staircase rises to first floor landing with door beneath accessing an understairs cupboard and staircase descending to the lower ground floor. Low level meter cupboard, radiator and doors off to the sitting room and reception 2/family room, which in turn leads through to the kitchen/breakfast room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 15' 10'' x 11' 10'' (4.82m x 3.60m)
a lovely bright reception room with 2 large feature arched original sash windows to front overlooking the front garden, high ceilings with ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, period style cast iron fireplace with original marble surround and slate hearth, wood flooring, built in bookcases and a radiator.
RECEPTION 2/FAMILY ROOM: 15' 7'' max into chimney recess x 11' 10'' (4.75m x 3.60m)
a second sitting room with large sash window to side, period style fireplace with inset tiles, period surround and slate hearth, built in bookcase, high ceiling with ceiling coving, central ceiling rose, picture rail and wide wall opening providing a sociable connection through to the kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 15' 11'' x 15' 6'' (4.85m x 4.72m)
a good sized kitchen/dining space with plenty of natural light provided by the large sash window to the side and 3 bi-folding doors to rear, providing a seamless connection through to the rear garden. A modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktop over and inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, appliance space for range cooker, integrated fridge, dishwasher and washing machine, built in extractor hood, tiled floor, ample space for dining table and chairs, high ceilings with inset spotlights and a radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
CELLAR STORAGE & UTILITY:
a staircase descends from the entrance hall level into a central landing running beneath the main entrance hall and providing useful storage space, a wall opening leads off this into a further utility/storage cellar (8’7” x 8’5”) (2.62m x 2.57m) with useful storage and appliance space.
original staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, and further stained glass door accessing the family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) 16' 10'' max into bay x 15' 6'' (5.13m x 4.72m)
a large double bedroom with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and central ceiling rose, wide bay to rear comprising 2 sash windows and central French doors offering an open outlook towards the rear garden. Two radiators.
BEDROOM 2: (front) 15' 8'' x 11' 10'' (4.77m x 3.60m)
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing, 2 large feature original sash windows to front and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: 7' 0'' x 6' 10'' (2.13m x 2.08m)
a white suite comprising a bath, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin, part tiled walls, tiled floor, contemporary upright radiator and sash window to side.
high ceilings with ceiling coving and loft hatch accessing the loft storage space, doors off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and further part glazed door accesses the second floor shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 16' 8'' max into bay x 15' 5'' max inclusive of airing cupboard (5.08m x 4.70m)
a large double bedroom with wide bay to rear offering a wonderful outlook over rooftops of neighbouring buildings towards the trees in the local Redland Green Park. Door accessing an Airing Cupboard housing the floor standing boiler and built in slatted shelving and radiators.
BEDEROOM 4: (FRONT) 11' 1'' x 7' 8'' (3.38m x 2.34m)
perfect for a child’s bedroom or an office, this bedroom has high ceilings, sash window to rear offering a pleasant outlook, radiator and wood laminated flooring.
bedroom 5: (off upper mezzanine landing) 11' 11'' x 7' 9'' (3.63m x 2.36m)
ceilings with ceiling coving, sash window to front offering a pleasant outlook down Clyde Lane and over rooftops of neighbouring buildings, wood laminated flooring and a radiator.
white suite comprising shower enclosure, low level wc and wash hand basin, sash window to side.
the property enjoys an attractive and good sized lawned front garden with a gorgeous Wisteria climbing up the front of the house and low level boundary walls with flower borders containing various plants and shrubs. The front garden leads into a paved area to the side of the property where there is ample space for dustbins and recycling, handy gated side access to the rear garden and the main front door to the house.
REAR GARDEN: approx 30' 0'' x 30' 0'' + additional side garden of 28ft x 11ft (9.14m x 9.14m)
a good sized level rear garden mainly laid to lawn, paved seating area wrapping round the rear and side of the property and enjoying an open south-westerly side aspect and therefore attracting much of the day’s sunshine. The garden is framed with attractive stone boundary walls and flower borders containing various plants, climbers and shrubs. Built in garden shed, double gates to side and an outside tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.