Clare Road | Cotham
Sold discreetly. A charming and immensely characterful 3 double bedroom two storey Victorian villa situated on a highly sought after road in Cotham. Further benefitting from off road parking, a storage garage and beautiful front and rear gardens.
Situated in the heart of Cotham, a surprisingly peaceful area given its central and convenient situation. The city centre and all central areas are within walking distance as are Cotham Gardens Park, Redland train station and excellent schools including Cotham and Bristol Grammar.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through into a welcoming central entrance hallway, 18’7 x 14’0 elegant sitting room with two large sash windows, large 25’1 x 14’10 sociable through kitchen/dining/living space, ground floor wc, utility room and walk-in cloaks/storage cupboard.
First Floor: landing, 3 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite bathroom) and a separate bathroom/wc.
Outside: wonderful front and rear gardens with driveway off street parking and level landscaped ornamental front garden with a beautiful level lawned rear garden with seating areas and attractive stone boundary walls.
A beautiful period home with many original features situated on an enviable and well located side road.
- A charming two storey character home
- Off road parking and storage garage
- Landscaped front and rear gardens
- Plenty of original features
- Convenient and central location
- Situated on a peaceful side road
- 3 double bedrooms
via a flagstone driveway providing off street parking for a good sized family vehicle, with a level landscaped front garden beside. The driveway leads up to double doors accessing the storage garage, with pathway leading beside to a covered entrance and the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: 7' 10'' x 5' 0'' (2.39m x 1.52m)
a welcoming entrance with original exposed stripped floorboards, dado rail, built-in low level storage cabinet with counter over, ceiling coving, part glazed period door leading through to:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: 15' 1'' x 6' 9'' (4.59m x 2.06m)
a central entrance hallway with high ceilings, ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, an attractive exposed stripped period staircase rises to first floor landing with a useful generous understairs storage cupboard. There are exposed original floorboards and doors leading off to the sitting room, kitchen/dining/living space and a large walk-in cloaks storage cupboard. Door opening accesses an inner hallway where there is a built-in bookcase and further door to ground floor cloakroom/wc. Radiator and dado rail.
SITTING ROOM: (front) 18' 8'' max into chimney recess x 14' 0'' (5.69m x 4.26m)
an elegant sitting room with two gorgeous floor to ceiling sash windows with working wooden shutters, high ceilings with cornicing and central ceiling rose, picture rail, an attractive cast iron period fireplace. Dado rail with period style wood panelling beneath, radiator with decorative cover, tv point and telephone point.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING SPACE: 25' 1'' x 14' 10'' in sitting area extending to 17'10" in kitchen area (7.64m x 4.52m)
described in two sections as follows:-
Sitting Area: 14' 10'' x 13' 2'' (4.52m x 4.01m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and original central ceiling rose, beautiful recessed open fire with wood surround, exposed stripped floorboards, picture rail, dado rail with period style wood panelling beneath, glazed French doors with glazed panel over providing a seamless connection out onto the rear garden. Wide wall opening connects the sitting area to the kitchen/dining area.
Kitchen/Dining Area: 22' 4'' x 7' 10'' (6.80m x 2.39m)
a hand built and painted kitchen with base and eye level cupboards and drawers with tiled worktop over. Inset appliances including a gas hob, stainless steel double eye level Bosch oven and a Miele dishwasher. Further appliance space for fridge/freezer, inset 1 ½ bowl sink and drainer unit, sash window to rear, tiled floor, radiator, cat flap, French doors to side also accessing the rear garden, further door at the bottom of the kitchen accesses a handy utility/boiler room.
UTILITY/BOILER ROOM: 7' 0'' x 4' 11'' (2.13m x 1.50m)
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, floor standing Worcester gas boiler, tiled floor and high level window to side.
CLOAKROOM/WC: 5' 6'' x 4' 1'' (1.68m x 1.24m)
low level wc, pedestal wash basin, window to side and tiled floor.
high ceilings with ceiling coving, high level windows to side providing plenty of natural light flooding through the landing and stairwell. There is a dado rail, radiator and exposed stripped Victorian doors leading off to all three double bedrooms and the bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: 19' 0'' x 14' 2'' (5.79m x 4.31m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, picture rail, two large south-easterly facing sash windows to front offering a lovely cityscape view over rooftops of neighbouring buildings towards the Bath hills in the distance. There are built-in wardrobes, an original fireplace, two radiators and door accessing:-
En Suite Bathroom/wc: 10' 7'' x 6' 3'' (3.22m x 1.90m)
white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, pedestal wash basin and bidet, glazed rooflight panel providing borrowed light through from a skylight in the roof space. Stone tiled floor and radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) 12' 5'' x 15' 2'' (3.78m x 4.62m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, a pretty period fireplace, exposed stripped floorboards, dado rail with period style wood panelling beneath, radiator and a large sash window to rear offering a lovely outlook over the rear garden.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) 15' 1'' max into recess x 13' 4'' (4.59m x 4.06m)
a double bedroom with large sash window to rear offering a similar outlook as bedroom 2. High ceilings with ceiling coving, further picture window to side, period fireplace, dado rail and radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (off mezzanine half landing) 7' 10'' x 5' 7'' (2.39m x 1.70m)
white suite comprising a double ended panelled bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, radiator, tiled walls, inset spotlights, slate tiled floor and window to front.
FRONT GARDEN & OFF ROAD PARKING:
the property enjoys a level low maintenance landscaped front garden, mainly laid to stone chippings with lavender flower border separating the front garden from the driveway. Box hedgerow to front offering privacy and flower border beside containing various plants. There is a driveway laid to flagstone paving providing off street parking for a good sized family vehicle. The driveway leads up to the storage garage and main front door to the property.
REAR GARDEN: approx 38' 0'' x 32' 0'' max (11.57m x 9.75m)
a beautifully landscaped level lawned garden with deep flower borders containing various plants and shrubs, framed with attractive stone period boundary walls, either side of the top of the garden there are paved and decked seating areas providing ample space for seating and entertaining with an inset lily pond, further flower borders containing plants, shrubs and a fig tree. Gated access to a side courtyard area (36ft x 5ft) (10.97m x 1.52m) where there is an outdoor tap and useful additional storage space, which leads into the storage garage.
STORAGE GARAGE: approx 18' 3'' x 7' 5'' max reducing to 5'8" (5.56m x 2.26m/1.73m)
double doors to front with a corrugated roof providing a useful garden/bike store area which is open to the rear leading into the side courtyard where there is gated access through to the rear garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.