Elm Lane, Redland
Offered with no onward chain, a smart and well located 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1930s terraced family home offering a wonderful, good sized rear garden (approx. 100ft over 2 levels), off-street parking and a fabulous extended kitchen/dining room with bi-folding doors. Balanced and well arranged accommodation over 3 floors. Location: situated within 700m of Redland Green School and just a short stroll from the shops, cafes and restaurants of Whiteladies Road, the green open spaces of Durdham Downs and Redland Green Park. St John's Primary School is also near by, as are bus and train connections. Ground Floor: entrance hallway with understairs cloakroom/wc, bay fronted sitting room, fantastic 23ft x 18'6 extended kitchen/dining room (2018) with a well-appointed kitchen and ample space for dining and seating furniture and bi-folding doors providing a seamless connection onto the rear garden. First Floor: 2 generous double bedrooms, a single bedroom or home office and a family bathroom. Second Floor: landing, fantastic loft converted double bedroom and separate shower room/wc. Terraced landscaped garden to the front and fantastic split level garden to the rear, framed with stone boundary walls and offering lovely city views. At the bottom of the garden there is also an off-road parking space accessed by private rear lane. A superb family home in a highly convenient location.
- 700m from Redland Green School
- Extended kitchen/dining space
- No onward chain
- 1930s family home
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Off road parking (rear lane access)
- Circa 100 ft garden
via terraced landscaped front garden with steps and pathway leading up to the covered entrance where you will find low level meter cupboards and the main front door to the property.
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, engineered oak flooring, original staircase rising to the first floor landing with understairs cloakroom/wc. Useful recess with space for coats and shoes, low level built-in shoe cupboard, radiator and doors leading off to the sitting room and kitchen/dining room.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (14' 1'' into bay x 12' 8'' into chimney recess) (4.29m x 3.86m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, attractive period style fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth. Built-in shelving to chimney recess, radiators, wide bow bay to front comprising double-glazed windows with built-in plantation shutters, offering partial city-scape views over Bristol.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (22' 9'' max into recess x 18' 6'') (6.93m x 5.63m)
a fabulous, modern extended kitchen/dining space, which offers a lovely central hub of the house with a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers, slim profile composite worktop over with inset 1 ½ bowl sink with mixer and water filtration tap over, integrated appliances, including eye-level Bosch oven and separate combi-oven, induction hob with extractor fan and inset spotlight over. Dishwasher and further appliance space for free-standing fridge freezer, ample storage cupboards and central island with overhanging breakfast bar providing additional seating. There is a tall bank of built-in storage cupboards housing plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer and a Worcester gas boiler. Three large Velux skylight windows to rear, oak flooring with system-fed underfloor heating, ample space for dining and seating and bi-folding doors provide a seamless access out on to the rear garden.
Low level wc, wash hand basin with tiled splashbacks, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
doors off to bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc, thermostat-control for central heating, radiator. Staircase rises to second floor landing.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (14' 0'' x 12' 2'' max into built-in wardrobes) (4.26m x 3.71m)
large double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, built-in wardrobes, radiator, double-glazed windows to rear, which offers pleasing outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: (14' 7'' into bay x 11' 4'' into chimney recess) (4.44m x 3.45m)
wide bow bay to front comprising double-glazed windows offering a lovely elevated outlook, to the left over rooftops of Bristol. High ceilings, picture rail, radiator, built-in wardrobe with open shelving beside.
BEDROOM 4/STUDY: (8' 9'' x 7' 5'') (2.66m x 2.26m)
single bedroom or home office with double-glazed windows to front, radiator, exposed stripped floorboards, high ceilings with picture rail.
BATHROOM/WC: (6' 6'' x 6' 4'') (1.98m x 1.93m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with system-fed shower over and folding glass shower screen, low-level wc and wash hand basin set into a counter with storage cupboard underneath. Inset spotlights, contemporary upright radiator, tiled floor, part-tiled walls, an obscured double-glazed window to rear.
a Velux skylight window providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell and doors leading off to bedroom 1, and further door accesses shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (21' 5'' x 13' 7'' max/9'0 min) (6.52m x 4.14m/2.74m)
(front) (max measurements taken below sloped ceilings) a generous loft-converted double bedroom with a lovely feeling of light and space, helped by the three Velux skylight windows to front and large double-glazed windows to rear, offering a far-reaching open outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens, radiator, low-level doors access eaves storage space
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 1'' x 6' 1'') (2.77m x 1.85m)
white suite comprising a walk-in shower enclosure with system-fed shower and curved glass fixed shower screen, low-level wc, wall-mounted wash basin, tiled walls and floor, inset spotlights, extractor fan, corner cupboard housing a Worcester gas boiler, heated towel rail, obscured double-glazed window to rear.
terraced landscaped front garden with steps leading up front pavement level to a raised level section laid to slate chippings with railway sleeper flower borders containing shrubs. Rendered boundary walls with inset lighting and pathway leading up to the covered entrance to the property.
a fantastic, interesting and good-sized rear garden with a lower and raised level section as follows:-
Lower Section: (approx. 27' 0'' x 19' 0'') (8.22m x 5.79m)
level garden accessed seamlessly from the extended kitchen/breakfast room, mainly laid to artificial lawn with raised railway sleeper borders containing various plants. There is a decked seating area closest to the property and steps with inset lighting lead up to the:-
Raised Section: (approx. 80' 0'' incl. parking area x 17' 0'' max) (24.37m x 5.18m)
elevated level lawned garden with raised railway sleeper flower borders and a wonderful city-scape southerly views over rooftops towards central Bristol. At the bottom of the garden there is a decked area with built-in garden shed and several steps leading down to a garden gate accessing the parking space.
at the bottom of the garden there is off-street parking for one car accessed via a back lane.
ON STREET PARKING PERMIT SCHEME:
as well as having off-street parking to the rear of the property, the property falls within the Cotham North Residents Parking Permit Zone and a parking permit is available from the City Council for a modest annual fee.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is also a perpetual yearly rentcharge of £8.82.0d. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.