Burghley Road, St Andrews
An exquisite and most attractive 5 bedroom, 3 bath/shower, period semi-detached home with a sumptuous interior, 50ft level rear garden with handy side access, insulated garden workshop/studio and much more.
Tastefully and sympathetically renovated by the current owners to a high standard and specification rarely seen in Bristol homes.
Situated on a popular, peaceful and neighbourly side street close to St Andrew’s Park and within a short stroll of the independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road. Bus connections and local Montpelier train station are also nearby as is access to all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule with period stained glass doors leading into a welcoming entrance hallway with useful understairs cloaks recess, bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings and log burning stove, fantastic 21’9 x 17’3 sociable kitchen/dining room with hand built kitchen and central island, large family sized utility room with access out to the rear garden and adjoining cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: spacious central landing with linen and storage cupboards, enviable principal bedroom suite with adjoining walk-in dressing room and separate en-suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2 and large luxurious family bathroom.
Second Floor: exceptional loft conversion with three further bedrooms (2 large doubles and a single) and a generous shower room/wc.
Outside: level front garden with handy gated side access to a good sized (50ft x 27ft) level lawned rear garden with good sized paved seating area and insulated garden workshop.
A fine well-proportioned family home in a superb location offering an uncompromised quality layout and interior.
- An exquisite and most attractive 5 bedroom period semi-detached home
- Tastefully and sympathetically renovated to a standard and specification rarely seen in Bristol homes50ft level rear garden with side access
- 50ft level rear garden with side access with insulated garden workshop/studio
- 3 luxurious bath/shower rooms
- Many retained period features.
- Exceptional loft conversion
- A fine family home in a superb location offering an uncompromised quality layout and interior.
via garden gates entering a tastefully landscaped block paved front garden framed with railway sleeper raised borders. The front garden leads up to the impressive part stained glass double doors entering the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (6' 1'' x 2' 7'' (1.85m x 0.79m))
high ceilings, alarm control panel, low level cupboards housing meters and fuse box, original part stained glass door with original stained glass panels to side and over leading through into:-
a welcoming wide entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and a central ceiling rose, impressive period staircase rising to first floor landing with generous understairs recess, handy for coats and boots. The hallway continues round into the centre of the building where there are two sets of exposed stripped pine period double doors leading into the sitting room and kitchen/dining room with a further door accessing the ground floor cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) 15' 11'' max into chimney recess x 15' 7'' max into bay (4.85m x 4.75m))
a wonderful bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling coving, central ceiling rose and picture rail, box bay to front comprising sympathetic double glazed sliding sash style windows with the original stained glass panels set within the double glazing, feature fireplace with wood burning stove, period surround and tiled hearth, wood flooring and reclaimed period cast iron radiators.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (21' 11'' x 17' 3'' max into chimney recess (6.68m x 5.25m))
a stylish and beautifully appointed family kitchen/dining space spanning the entire width of the property with a lovely open sociable feel. A bespoke fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with formed concrete worktop with inset sink, corner larder cupboard with built-in shelving, wine rack and automatic lighting, large central island with overhanging breakfast bar providing seating, space for a range cooker with built-in pan drawers beside and ceiling mounted extractor hood over, further plumbing and appliance space for dishwasher and fridge/freezer. To the dining area there is ample space for dining and seating furniture, high ceilings with ceiling coving, picture rail and ornate ceiling rose, period radiators and two large double glazed windows to rear overlooking the rear garden. Off the kitchen there is a door accessing:-
UTILITY ROOM: (15' 5'' x 7' 1'' (4.70m x 2.16m))
a family sized utility space with hand built base and eye level cupboards with marine ply worksurfaces over and large inset Belfast style sink, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, high ceilings with two Velux skylight windows and inset spotlights, part tiled walls, practical resin flooring, further double glazed windows and door to side accessing the rear garden and a period style exposed stripped door accessing:-
GROUND FLOOR CLOAKROOM/WC: (7' 2'' x 3' 3'' (2.18m x 0.99m))
low level wc, small wall mounted wash basin, built-in base level cabinets with shelving over, extractor fan, part tiled walls and a radiator.
a surprisingly spacious central landing with staircase continuing up to the second floor and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and family bathroom/wc. Further period double doors access a useful linen cupboard with further storage space over.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) 15' 7'' max into bay x 13' 0'' (4.75m x 3.96m))
a magnificent principal bedroom suite with doors leading off to an adjoining walk-in dressing room (formerly a double bedroom) and further door accessing an en-suite shower room. The bedroom has high ceilings with ceiling coving and central rose, box bay to front with sliding double glazed sash style windows, period fireplace and radiator.
Dressing Room: (11' 4'' x 11' 6'' (3.45m x 3.50m))
formerly a double bedroom, this walk-in dressing room has built-in open wardrobe units with hanging rails and open drawers, high ceilings with ceiling coving, two double glazed sliding sash style windows to front and a radiator.
En Suite Shower Room/wc:
a well designed en-suite shower room with a walk-in shower with system fed rain head shower over and alcove shelf, low level wc, wash hand basin, chrome effect heated towel rail, part tiled walls, tiled floor, extractor fan and double glazed window to side.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) 12' 9'' x 12' 8'' max into chimney recess (3.88m x 3.86m))
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and central ceiling rose, attractive period style cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth, reclaimed radiator, large double glazed window to rear overlooking the rear and neighbouring gardens.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (12' 9'' x 9' 7'' (3.88m x 2.92m))
formerly a double bedroom, this large family bathroom offers a wonderful sense of space with a freestanding oval shaped double ended bath with floor standing mixer tap and shower attachment, sink set into a period side table, low level wc, beautiful parquet wood flooring, walk-in shower area with system fed shower, reclaimed radiator, high ceilings, ceiling coving and central rose, inset spotlights, extractor fan and double glazed window to rear.
Loft converted to exacting standards with the work carried out by John Pritchard, a highly regarded local loft conversion specialist.
spacious landing with an abundance of natural light provided by the electronic rain sensored Velux skylight window which floods natural light through the stairwell, picture rail. Doors off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and shower room/wc.
BEDROOM 3: ((rear) 13' 5'' x 11' 8'' (4.09m x 3.55m))
a roomy double bedroom with two sliding double glazed sash style windows to rear, high ceilings, picture rail, reclaimed period radiator, exposed stripped period doors access a built-in wardrobe and storage cupboard with built-in shelving.
BEDROOM 4: ((front) 13' 9'' x 13' 7'' max (4.19m x 4.14m))
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, two large Velux skylight windows with built-in blackout blinds, exposed stripped double doors access a recessed built-in wardrobe, further door accesses an insulated and carpeted loft storage space in the eaves. Radiator, wall and ceiling lighting.
BEDROOM 5: (10' 8'' x 8' 5'' (3.25m x 2.56m))
a bedroom or home office with high ceilings, picture rail, sliding double glazed sash style window to rear, built-in shelving, reclaimed period radiator and lovely views over rooftops of the surrounding area towards the trees in St Andrew’s Park and over rooftops of Bishopston.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: (11' 5'' x 7' 2'' max into shower area (3.48m x 2.18m))
a beautifully finished shower room with a walk-in wet room shower with system fed rain head shower and recessed alcove shelf, low level wc with concealed cistern, pedestal wash basin, shaver point, heated towel rail, inset spotlights and Velux skylight window.
the front garden is mainly laid to block paving framed with raised railway sleeper flower borders containing box hedging to front and a flower border to the side, folding wrought iron gates providing potential for future off street parking if one were to apply to drop the kerb at the front of the property (subject to necessary consents).
REAR GARDEN: (approx 50' 0'' x 27' 0'' (15.23m x 8.22m))
a level landscaped rear garden with generous block paved seating area closest to the property with handy side access path with gated access onto the front garden. From the paved seating area there is a generous level lawned garden with raised railway sleeper planters and vegetable patch. Stepping stones lead through the lawned garden and vegetable area to the bottom of the garden where there is an outbuilding/garden workshop. Built-in recycling storage, outdoor tap with Belfast sink beneath, outdoor plug sockets.
OUTBUILDING/GARDEN WORKSHOP: (11' 2'' x 7' 3'' max (3.40m x 2.21m))
an incredibly useful insulated garden workshop/outbuilding perfect for bicycle storage, a hobby room or potential home office with double glazed windows overlooking the garden, power and light and built-in cabinets, workbench and shelving.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURS & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.