0117 946 6690
- A unique and rather special family home
- 4 bedrooms (2 with en-suites)
- Semi open plan living room & kitchen/breakfast room
- lawned sunny garden + Separate roof terrace
- Extensively renovated and extended in 2019
- Garage + built-in bike store
- An impressive, immaculately presented home
A unique and rather special 4 bedroom, 2 reception room family home situated in the heart of Clifton Village. Offering a high quality interior, sunny gardens and the rare advantage of a garage.
Owned by the current owners since 2011 and extensively renovated and extended in 2019, this enviable family home has a tasteful interior, an abundance of natural light and a wonderful sociable living space.
Situated in an highly convenient location within just a short level stroll of the restaurants, boutique shops and cafes of Clifton Village. Also equidistant to the Clifton Suspension Bridge and surrounding green open spaces of Durdham Downs and within easy reach of the lovely walks and cycling trails of Leigh Woods and Ashton Court. Bristol's wonderful harbourside and other central areas are also within a convenient distance.
Ground Floor: good sized entrance hallway with recessed cloaks area, guest bedroom 2 with en-suite shower room, integral garage/utility (currently arranged as a child's playroom and utility area, but could easily be re-instated as a garage)
First Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and large family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: the staircase rises into a fabulous semi open plan living room and kitchen/breakfast room, with bespoke fitted kitchen and wide wall opening connecting through to an extended dining room with rooflight lantern and floor to ceiling Crittal style doors accessing a private terrace. The sitting room also accesses a sunny (25ft x 20ft) walled garden.
Top Floor: constructed in 2019, the entire top floor has been added to create a breathtaking principal bedroom suite with freestanding claw foot bath, adjoining walk-in dressing room and luxurious en-suite wet room.
Outside: the property enjoys good outside space for Clifton with a 25ft x 20ft lawned sunny garden and a separate 16'5 x 11'6 terrace (accessed off the dining room). To the front of the property there is also a built-in bike store with raised flower border beside.
An impressive, immaculately presented home of immense quality in a desirable and convenient location.
main front door at pavement level accesses the central entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (19' 0'' x 5' 9'' increasing to 8'8 below staircase) (5.79m x 1.75m/2.64m)
a generous welcoming entrance hallway with staircase rising to first floor landing, generous understairs recess with open shelving for boots with coat hooks to side, stone tiled flooring, inset spotlights, period style radiator, exposed stripped period doors accessing bedroom 2/guest suite and integral garage/utility.
BEDROOM 2/GUEST SUITE: (12' 10'' x 9' 2'') (3.91m x 2.79m)
a double bedroom with sash window to front, radiator, period door accessing:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC (5' 7'' x 5' 1'') (1.70m x 1.55m)
white suite comprising shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, tiled floor, tiled walls, inset spotlights, extractor fan.
INTEGRAL GARAGE/UTILITY: (18' 4'' x 8' 3'' inclusive of utility area) (5.58m x 2.51m)
currently used as a child's playroom, but could easily be re-instated to a single garage. A useful space with a utility area at the rear comprising base level cupboards with worktop over and inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit with appliance space and plumbing for washing machine and dryer, wall cupboard houses Worcester gas boiler, further recessed meter cupboards house fuse box for electrics. NB: there is a dropped kerb in front of the garage and the vendors park their family sized car on the street in front of the garage.
sash window to front providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell, staircase rising up to the second floor landing. Period style radiator, doors off to bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (14' 6'' x 9' 0'') (4.42m x 2.74m)
a double bedroom with sash window to front and radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (8' 10'' x 8' 9'') (2.69m x 2.66m)
sash window to front, radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 0'' x 5' 4'') (2.44m x 1.62m)
a smart and well-appointed family bathroom comprising white suite with panelled bath, folding glass screen shower screen with system fed shower over/recessed alcove shelf, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash hand basin with storage cupboard beneath, tiled floor and walls, built-in mirror, inset spotlights, extractor fan, heated towel rail.
LIVING AREA: (17' 5'' x 15' 5'' inclusive of stairwell) (5.30m x 4.70m)
two large southerly facing sash windows to front, floor to ceiling modern Crittal style doors to side accessing the garden, oak flooring, inset spotlights, study recess beneath the stairs, period style radiator, built-in bookcase/open shelving, door accessing staircase rising to the top floor and hatch set into the wood flooring accessing a wine cellar (14'10 x 4'6) (4.52m x 1.37m) with ceiling height of approx. 4'7/1.39m) with light and power and ideal for storage space. The living space flows through into:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (21' 1'' x 9' 6'') (6.42m x 2.89m)
a bespoke fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers painted in Farrow & Ball Hague Blue with a generous selection of pan drawers and cupboards. Integrated appliances including eye level double Bosch oven, microwave/combi oven, coffee machine, 5 ring gas hob and extractor fan. Further plumbing and appliance space for American style fridge/freezer, white quartz worktop with inset double Belfast sink and stainless steel champagne sink, overhanging breakfast bar providing a sociable seating space, folding eye-level cabinets access a larder/appliance cupboard with built-in shelving over, wide wall opening connects through to the kitchen/breakfast room through to:-
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (17' 1'' x 9' 10'') (5.20m x 2.99m)
extended in 2019, this fabulous dining room has a large roof light lantern and floor to ceiling Crittal style doors and glazing spanning the width of the room providing a seamless access out onto the walled kitchen garden. Period style radiator, inset spotlights.
Staircase rises from the second floor into an impressive principal bedroom suite.
BEDROOM SUITE: (16' 0'' x 15' 1'') (4.87m x 4.59m)
designed and constructed in 2019 this newly created floor accommodates a principal bedroom suite with period style double glazed sash windows on three sides flooding the space with natural light, freestanding claw foot bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, period style radiator, tv point and doors accessing the generous en-suite wet room and:-
Walk-In Dressing Room:
with built-in shelving, hanging rails and window to rear.
En-Suite Wet Room/WC: (10' 8'' x 9' 5'') (3.25m x 2.87m)
an impressive high spec en-suite with dual walk-in wet room showers with mixer taps and shower attachments and central draining floor, low level wc, two wash hand basins, inset spotlights, extractor fan, double glazed sash window to front. Heated towel rail and recessed cabinets, underfloor heating.
to the right of the house and bike store there is a raised level flower bed belonging to the property.
TERRACE: (16' 5'' x 11' 6'') (5.00m x 3.50m)
a lovely enclosed space with attractive high level stone walls and tiled floor, accessed seamlessly from the dining room; a perfect outdoor entertaining space.
GARDEN: (approx 25' 0'' x 20' 0'') (7.61m x 6.09m)
an exceptionally private level garden accessed off the living space, mainly laid to lawn with raised railway sleeper flower borders, garden gate accessing a pathway leading onto Caledonia Mews, providing a useful separate pedestrian access and shortcut to the shops.
BIKE STORE: (8' 8'' x 3' 7'') (2.64m x 1.09m)
timber double doors at pavement level access an incredibly useful bike store.
as well as having a garage, the property is in the Clifton Village parking permit area and a permit is available from the council for a modest annual fee.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.