0117 946 6690
- A most appealing, semi-detached Bath stone Victorian period town house
- 5 double bedrooms, 2 reception rooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
- Retains many of its original features including ornate moulded plasterwork
- Driveway parking for one car
- Fully enclosed south-westerly facing rear garden with garden shed
- An immaculate and well-proportioned family home
A most appealing, semi-detached, 5 double bedroom, 2 bath/shower room, Bath stone Victorian period town house, having driveway parking and south-westerly facing rear garden, enjoying an excellent location just a moments stroll from the amenities of Whiteladies Road.
A well-presented family home dating from circa 1860 that retains many of its original features including ornate moulded plasterwork, fireplaces and sash windows.
Tucked away and yet so convenient for the amenities on Whiteladies Road/Blackboy Hill with good shops and the Downs nearby, close to St Johns Primary School and with easy access to Clifton Village and the city centre.
Ground Floor: entrance hall, bay fronted drawing room, dining room, kitchen, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, two double bedrooms, shower room.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, three further double bedrooms (5 in total), family bath/shower room.
Outside: driveway parking for one car, fully enclosed south-westerly facing rear garden with garden shed.
An immaculate and well-proportioned family home in an exceedingly sought after location.
from the pavement, a paved pathway leads alongside the house giving access to the front door as well as a side gate leading to the rear garden. Solid six-panelled front door with stained glass panels to either side and overlights, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance, having an elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with sweeping handrail and ornately carved spindles. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail and simple moulded cornicing. A range of built-in cupboards, radiator and ceiling light point. Understairs storage cupboard. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (17' 5'' x 17' 1'') (5.30m x 5.20m)
a gracious principal reception room having wide bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows. Central open fireplace with cast iron surround, slate hearth and ornately carved Carrera marble mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast and both with fitted bookshelving plus double opening cupboards. Exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing and an ornate ceiling rose. Two radiators and ceiling light point.
DINING ROOM: (17' 0'' x 12' 4'') (5.18m x 3.76m)
double glazed double doors with overlight overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden which enjoys a sunny orientation. Central inset wood burning stove with slate slips and hearth plus ornately carved stone mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast and both with fitted bookshelving and double opening cupboards. Exposed wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator and two ceiling light points. Wide wall opening through to:-
KITCHEN: (16' 5'' x 8' 5'') (5.00m x 2.56m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of panelled base and eye level units comprising drawers, cabinets, glazed display cabinets, shelving, plate rack and wine rack. Solid wooden worktop surfaces with bevel edged splashback tiling and pelmet lighting. Double Belfast style sink with mixer tap over. Space for range cooker with stainless steel extractor hood above, space for American style fridge/freezer, space and plumbing for washer/dryer and space for dishwasher. Tiled flooring, double glazed window to the rear elevation, large double opening pantry cupboard, inset ceiling downlights and moulded skirtings.
low level dual flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap and splashback tiling, exposed wooden floorboards, ceiling light point.
turning staircase continuing to the second floor, dado rail, moulded skirtings and ceiling light point. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 6'' x 17' 5'') (5.33m x 5.30m)
bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows, chimney breast with recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, two radiators and ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (17' 2'' x 12' 8'') (5.23m x 3.86m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, ornate cast iron fireplace with slate hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, tall moulded skirtings, radiator, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point.
low level dual flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, corner shower cubicle with wall mounted electric shower and handheld shower attachment. Two obscure glazed sash windows to the side elevation, tiled flooring and walls with mosaic effect strip, heated towel rail/radiator and ceiling light point.
PART GALLERIED LANDING:
part galleried over the stairwell with handrail and ornately carved spindles, multi-paned sash window to the side elevation with window seat, moulded skirtings, dado rail and two ceiling light points. Loft access. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: (14' 9'' x 9' 3'') (4.49m x 2.82m)
arched sash window to the front elevation, moulded skirtings, picture rail, radiator and ceiling light point. Built-in cupboards and bookshelving. Double opening Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
BEDROOM 4: (14' 7'' x 8' 8'') (4.44m x 2.64m)
arched sash window to the front elevation, picture rail, moulded skirtings, radiator and ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: (13' 3'' x 8' 9'') (4.04m x 2.66m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation, moulded skirtings, radiator and ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM:
shaped bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment. Low level dual flush wc. Bidet. Walk-in style shower with glass screens, low level shower tray and multi-head massage shower unit plus additional handheld shower attachment. Travertine tiled flooring and partially tiled walls. His and hers wash hand basin on wooden washstand with shelving and cupboards below. Heated towel rail/radiator, moulded skirtings, recessed shelving, radiator, multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation and inset ceiling downlights.
OFF STREET PARKING:
stone chipped driveway with space for one vehicle.
surrounding the driveway area there are railway sleeper borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs.
enjoying a south-westerly orientation and enclosed on all three sides with a good amount of privacy. Immediately to the rear of the dining room there is a paved patio with ample space for garden furniture and potted plants. Beyond this there is a circular shaped lawn with colourful borders. Additional patio area with fixed seat. Useful garden shed. Outside lighting and water tap plus side gate giving access to the front elevation.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available through the selling agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.