Cotham Lawn Road, Cotham
A unique and extremely versatile 3/4 double bedroom, 2/3 reception room detached family house, of circa 1,900 sq. ft., offering balanced accommodation arranged over two floors, off street parking for several vehicles, car port, single garage with cellar storage and level front and rear gardens. No onward chain.
Excellent location - very central and convenient, easy for the BBC, local shops in High Kingsdown, Whiteladies Road, main hospitals, university, city centre; Cotham School/Cotham Gardens Primary/St Peter & Paul RC Primary Schools all within 0.25 miles; a range of high quality independent schools are also available within the area - the nearest, Bristol Grammar, is within 0.5 miles. The local park with play area is within a short walking distance.
Versatile and roomy accommodation with over 1,900 sq. ft of space.
Offers exciting potential to improve/modernise and extend (subject to the necessary planning permission consents).
Ground Floor: entrance porch, central entrance hallway, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom/wc, utility/additional reception room, bedroom 4/study.
First Floor: large landing area, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family bathroom/wc, additional family bathroom and separate wc.
Outside: lawned front and rear gardens, driveway, car port, single garage with cellar storage.
No onward chain.
- Detached family house
- 3/4 bedroom
- 2/3 reception room
- Scope to improve/extend
- Driveway, carport and garage
- versatile and roomy accommodation
- Lawned front & rear gardens
- Circa 1900 sq.ft.
- No onward chain
- Wonderful location on the Redland and Cotham borders
from the pavement proceed up the driveway where the entrance porch can be immediately in front of you via a set of double glazed doors.
ceiling light point, door leading to:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: ((17' 11'' x 7' 11'') (5.46m x 2.41m))
a grand welcoming space, ceiling light point, wall light point, stairs ascend to first floor landing, understairs storage area, telephone point, radiator, wooden flooring, skirting boards, doors radiate to kitchen/breakfast room, sitting room, cloakroom/wc, storage cupboard and utility room.
a white cloakroom suite comprising of low level wc, wash hand basin, obscured leaded double glazed window to front elevation, radiator, skirting boards.
SITTING ROOM: ((19' 10'' x 14' 11'') (6.04m x 4.54m))
a dual aspect room with leaded double glazed windows overlooking front garden and two double glazed windows overlooking side elevation, feature fireplace with cast iron log burning stove, ceiling light point, coving, two radiators, sliding doors leading to dining room, tv point and Virgin Media point, skirting boards.
UTILITY ROOM: ((8' 8'' x 7' 9'') (2.64m x 2.36m))
currently arranged as a utility room but could also be an additional reception room with window overlooking rear garden, ceiling light point, plumbing and space for washing machine and tumble dryer, wash hand basin, (obsolete shower cubicle), skirting boards, door leading to:-
STUDY/BEDROOM 4: ((18' 8'' x 9' 0'') (5.69m x 2.74m))
leaded double glazed window to front elevation, single glazed window and door leading out onto rear patio, ceiling light points, built-in storage cupboards and shelving, two radiators, wood effect flooring, skirting boards.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: ((15' 6'' x 10' 5'') (4.72m x 3.17m))
fitted with a matching range of wall, base and drawer units with square edge worktop over, two inset stainless steel sinks with drainer units to either side and mixer taps over, integrated double oven, 4 ring electric hob, plumbing for dishwasher, space for upright fridge/freezer, double glazed window overlooking rear garden, single glazed window to side elevation and double glazed door leading out onto rear patio area, two ceiling light points, tiled splashbacks, wall mounted radiator, tile effect flooring, door leading to:-
DINING ROOM: ((13' 7'' x 12' 6'') (4.14m x 3.81m))
double glazed window to side elevation, single glazed window overlooking rear garden and double glazed French doors leading out onto rear garden, ceiling light point, radiator, wooden flooring, skirting boards, sliding doors giving access to sitting room.
LANDING: ((15' 8'' x 10' 4'') (4.77m x 3.15m))
stairs ascend from entrance hallway; a large landing with double glazed window to side elevation with cityscape outlook in the distance, ceiling light point, two loft access hatches, Airing Cupboard housing Vaillant boiler and pressurised cylinder. Doors radiate to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, family bathroom/wc, additional family bathroom and separate wc.
BEDROOM 1: ((14' 2'' x 12' 6'') (4.31m x 3.81m))
leaded double glazed windows overlooking the front garden, ceiling light point, built-in wardrobes with hanging rails and storage cupboards above, radiator, skirting boards.
BEDROOM 2: ((13' 11'' x 11' 1'') (4.24m x 3.38m))
a double bedroom with double glazed window overlooking rear garden with cityscape views beyond, ceiling light point, built-in wardrobe with storage above, wash hand basin built on vanity unit, radiator, skirting boards.
BEDROOM 3: ((12' 2'' x 9' 5'') (3.71m x 2.87m))
a double bedroom with double glazed window to side elevation, ceiling light point, built-in wardrobe with hanging rail, shelf and storage cupboards above, radiator, skirting boards.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: ((9' 4'' x 8' 7'') (2.84m x 2.61m))
white bathroom suite comprising of low level wc, wash hand basin set on vanity unit with useful storage cupboards to the sides and beneath, corner bath with system fed shower over, built-in storage cupboards with hanging rail and shelving above, radiator, tiled surrounds, leaded double glazed window to front elevation, cork tiled flooring.
BATHROOM/WC: ((9' 1'' x 7' 9'') (2.77m x 2.36m))
double glazed window overlooking rear elevation, panelled bath with shower over, wash hand basin set on vanity unit with storage beneath, tiled surrounds, ceiling light point, radiator, cork tiled flooring.
white low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with tiled splashback, obscured double glazed window to side elevation, ceiling light point, tile effect flooring, skirting boards.
OFF STREET PARKING:
hardstanding driveway and carport providing parking for several vehicles.
lawned garden with a variety of mature trees, hedges and shrubs to the borders, patio area leading up to front porch, car port giving access to single garage, two wrought iron gates giving access to rear garden. Enclosed by a variety of stone walls and wooden fencing.
mainly laid to lawn with lawn measuring 45ft x 25ft (13.72m x 7.62m) , patio directly accessed from the rear of the property side access, large patio area measuring 20ft x 16ft (6.10m x 4.88m), outside light and tap, wooden pergola. To the borders there are a mixture of mature trees, shrubs and flowers. The garden is enclosed by a mixture of stone and brick walls and wooden feather edge panelling. The rear garden has a north-westerly aspect which enjoys the late afternoon/evening sunshine.
GARAGE: ((23' 9'' x 10' 10'') (7.23m x 3.30m))
single garage with metal up and over door, light and power, window overlooking rear elevation and useful double glazed side access door. At the rear of the garage there is an access hatch with steps leading down into a cellar space.
CELLAR STORAGE: ((10' 7'' x 9' 4'') (3.22m x 2.84m))
this area has power and light and provides additional useful storage.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.