0117 946 6690
- Exciting opportunity to renovate and restore this grade II listed period home
- Situated in a convenient and historic area of the city
- 3 bedrooms and 2/3 reception rooms.
- South easterly facing level rear garden
- No onward chain
- Plenty of retained period character.
An exciting opportunity to renovate and restore this elegant and well-proportioned three storey grade II listed period home. Situated in a convenient and historic area of the city and further benefiting from a 50ft x 23ft south easterly facing level rear garden.
Situated high up in Kingsdown, a charming and incredibly central residential area within easy reach of the city centre, Whiteladies Road/Clifton Triangle and all central areas. Also within just 500 metres of Cotham, Cotham Hill/Whiteladies Road, with shops, restaurants and bus connections.
Ground Floor: impressive entrance hallway with period staircase rising to first floor landing and descending to the lower ground floor, wonderful connected reception rooms with period dividing doors. Separate study.
First Floor: landing, 3 bedrooms and a bathroom/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: landing, workshop/potential reception 3, kitchen/breakfast room, cloakroom/wc, front lobby with door off to front courtyard.
Offered with no onward chain.
Sold for the first time since the 1950's, this fine period property retains some wonderful original features and invites enticing scope to restore and refurbish the property to one's personal taste and standards.
via an attractive curved wrought iron gate at pavement level where there are two steps up to the main period front door to the property.
an impressive and rather grand entrance hallway with high ceilings, beautiful original ceiling cornicing and an elegant period staircase rising to the first floor landing, doors lead off to reception 1, reception 2 and study. Further door beneath the stairs accesses the staircase descending to the lower ground floor landing.
RECEPTION 1: (front) (16' 4'' max into chimney recess x 12' 0'') (4.97m x 3.65m)
a lovely principal reception room with high ceilings and ornate ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, period sash windows to front with working original wooden shutters, gas fire and wide wall opening with period folding pocket doors through to reception 2 allowing the reception rooms to be separated or used as one space.
RECEPTION 2: (16' 4'' x 12' 5'') (4.97m x 3.78m)
high ceilings with ornate original cornicing and ceiling rose, period southerly sash windows to rear overlooking the rear garden, gas fire.
STUDY: (rear) (7' 8'' x 7' 5'') (2.34m x 2.26m)
high ceilings and a double glazed window to rear.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
LANDING: (18' 4'' x 7' 7'' max into understairs recess) (5.58m x 2.31m)
generous landing with understairs recess with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, part glazed door to rear accesses the rear garden, further doors lead off to the kitchen/breakfast room, basement workshop/potential reception 3, cloakroom/wc and front lobby, which in turn has the electricity and gas meters, recessed cellar storage area and door to front accessing the front courtyard.
WORKSHOP/POTENTIAL RECEPTION 3: (12' 0'' x 11' 3'' max into chimney recess) (3.65m x 3.43m)
a window to front, high ceilings, chimney recess, doorway through to a walk in storage area with further window to front.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (rear) (15' 6'' max into chimney recess x 12' 3'') (4.72m x 3.73m)
a sink unit, built in cupboards to chimney recess, double glazed window to rear.
CLOAKROOM/WC: (7' 1'' x 3' 4'') (2.16m x 1.02m)
low ceilings, small window to rear, wc and wall mounted sink.
high ceilings with ceiling coving and doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (14' 9'' max into chimney recess x 13' 0'') (4.49m x 3.96m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, sash window to front, small loft hatch, radiator and built in cupboard to chimney recess.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (14' 9'' max into chimney recess x 13' 5'') (4.49m x 4.09m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, radiator, tiled fireplace and large southerly sash window to rear offering rooftop cityscape views over the roofs of surrounding buildings and across the city centre towards the hills in the distance.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (9' 3'' max into chimney recess x 8' 10'') (2.82m x 2.69m)
high ceilings, ceiling coving, loft hatch, radiator and sash window to front with secondary glazing.
BATHROOM/WC: (rear) (9' 2'' max into chimney recess x 8' 7'') (2.79m x 2.61m)
white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, window to rear, wall mounted Worcester gas boiler and a radiator.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 50' 0'' x 23' 0'') (15.23m x 7.01m)
good sized level south easterly facing rear garden with attractive period boundary walls.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold, however the title is not registered due to the length of ownership. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.