0117 946 6690
- An exceptionally spacious (3,935 sq. ft) Victorian semi-detached family home
- 5/7 bedrooms, 4 reception rooms, 3 bath/shower rooms
- Flexible lower ground floor with independent access
- 45ft x 40ft south-westerly facing lawned rear garden
- Off street parking for 3 cars
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,500,000 - £1,600,000
An exceptionally spacious (3,935 sq. ft) and impressive 5/7 bedroom Victorian semi-detached family home with roomy and lateral space on each of the three floors. Further benefitting from a level 45ft x 40ft south-westerly facing lawned rear garden and off street parking for 3 cars.
Wonderful location, situated between Whiteladies Road and Pembroke Road, therefore within a short level stroll of Whiteladies Road with its restaurants, cafes and cinema, Lido and Clifton Down station, as well as bus connections to the city centre. Clifton Village, The Triangle and central areas of Bristol are also all within easy reach, as are excellent schools including Bristol Grammar, Cotham and Clifton College.
Independent lower ground floor entrance offers flexibility, perfect for an au pair, dependent relative or simply for additional bedrooms and reception rooms.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, reception hall, sitting room, dining room/reception 2 connecting through to the kitchen/breakfast room, reception 3/home office, cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with dressing room and en-suite shower room, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, family bath/shower room/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: central landing, independent entrance, reception 4, bedroom 6, bedroom 7/study, garden kitchen, utility room, bathroom/wc.
Outside: off street parking and pretty front garden, 45ft x 40ft south-westerly facing rear garden.
A superb Clifton home of a wonderful scale on a lovely and well located road.
via pathway leading beside driveway and front garden up the right hand side of the property where you will find the main front door opening into:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (9' 8'' x 5' 8'') (2.94m x 1.73m)
original tiled floor, high level glazed ceiling panels, part glazed door providing handy side access through to the rear garden, double doors into inner hall with several steps leading up to part glazed door through into:-
RECEPTION HALL: (23' 0'' x 7' 8'' max inclusive of staircase) (7.01m x 2.34m)
a magnificent central entrance hallway with high ceilings and ornate original cornicing and ceiling rose, period staircase rises to the first floor landing, original tessellated tiled floor, doors lead off to sitting room, dining room/reception 2, reception 3, kitchen/breakfast room and ground floor cloakroom/wc. Radiator. Part glazed door accessing a staircase leading down to the lower ground floor landing.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (21' 0'' into chimney recess x 20' 0'' into bay) (6.40m x 6.09m)
a wonderful large bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings and original cornicing, ceiling rose and picture rail. Open fire with original white marble surround & mantle and slate hearth. Wide bay to front comprising of three sash windows with working wooden shutters, radiators, tv aerial point.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (rear) (21' 2'' into chimney recess x 14' 2'') (6.45m x 4.31m)
a good sized dining/family room flooded with natural light by the two large south westerly facing sash windows to rear overlooking the rear garden with working wooden shutters, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, wood burning stove with slate hearth, original stripped floorboards, further part glazed door to rear accessing a staircase leading down to the rear garden, radiators, wide wall opening creating a sociable connection through to the kitchen/breakfast room.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (12' 5'' x 12' 2'' max) (3.78m x 3.71m)
a fitted kitchen supplied by John Lewis of Hungerford with base and eye level cream coloured units with cream coloured worktop over and inset 1 1/2 bowl sink and drainer unit, appliance space for range cooker with built-in chimney hood over, integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher, parquet wood flooring, door accessing recessed larder cupboard, radiator, two sash windows to rear.
RECEPTION 3/HOME OFFICE: (front) (14' 9'' x 12' 4'' into chimney recess) (4.49m x 3.76m)
a useful third reception room currently used as a home office, but would well as a music room or playroom with high ceilings, original cornicing, ceiling rose and picture rail. Large sash window to front with working wooden shutters, feature fireplace with original white marble surround, radiator.
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, obscured sash window to side, radiator, coat hooks.
LANDING: (16' 5'' x 7' 8'') (5.00m x 2.34m)
a spacious landing flooded with natural light provided by the atrium rooflight window over the stairwell, high ceilings with ceiling cornicing and picture rail, doors leading off to all five bedrooms and family bathroom/shower/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (15' 2'' x 12' 7'' plus dressing room and en-suite) (4.62m x 3.83m)
double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, two sash windows to front with secondary glazing, radiator, doors leading off to:-
Internal Dressing Room: (7' 11'' x 7' 2'') (2.41m x 2.18m)
En-Suite Shower Room: (7' 11'' into recess x 7' 9'') (2.41m x 2.36m)
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, two bowl style sinks built into a stone counter, chrome effect heated towel rail, inset spotlights, shaver point and sash window to front.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (15' 0'' x 12' 10'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.91m)
double bedroom with a large south-westerly facing sash window to rear, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, radiator, built-in wardrobes (also housing plumbing for washing machine)
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (13' 3'' x 13' 2'') (4.04m x 4.01m)
double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, large sash window to rear, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (14' 8'' x 13' 3'') (4.47m x 4.04m)
double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, built-in wardrobes, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) (15' 0'' x 7' 11'') (4.57m x 2.41m)
sash window to rear, built-in storage cupboard, radiator.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 6'' x 8' 2'') (2.89m x 2.49m)
a generous family bathroom with a white suite comprising oversized shower enclosure with system fed shower, freestanding double ended bath with central mixer taps, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail, radiator, two sash windows to side.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
There is an expansive lower ground floor which can be accessed from the main body of the house, or independently with its own front door, giving it great flexibility.
CENTRAL LANDING: (12' 6'' x 9' 7'' max) (3.81m x 2.92m)
doors off to reception 4, bedroom 6, bedroom 7/study, second bathroom, understairs storage cellar and further vaulted cellar, utility room and garden kitchen. Radiator and door providing independent access into the lower ground floor from the driveway to the front.
RECEPTION 4: (20' 10'' into chimney recess x 19' 5'' into bay) (6.35m x 5.91m)
a large bay fronted sitting room with high ceilings, three large sash windows to front providing plenty of natural light with working wooden shutters and window seat beneath, boarded fireplace, original stripped wooden floorboards and radiator.
BEDROOM 6: (rear) (14' 1'' x 13' 7'') (4.29m x 4.14m)
a double bedroom with sash window with working wooden shutters to rear overlooking the rear garden, boarded fireplace with period surround, door accessing walk-in wardrobe.
BEDROOM 7/STUDY: (9' 11'' x 6' 10'') (3.02m x 2.08m)
additional bedroom or study to the rear with sash window overlooking the rear garden, radiator.
UTILITY ROOM: (7' 2'' x 5' 8'') (2.18m x 1.73m)
internal utility space with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, corner Belfast style sink with splashbacks, tiled floor, radiator, door into a front lobby/bike store with independent access from the driveway.
GARDEN KITCHEN: (11' 7'' x 8' 4'') (3.53m x 2.54m)
a range of base and eye level cream coloured units with square edged grey worktops over and inset 1 1/2 bowl sink and drainer unit, stainless steel double oven, 4 ring gas hob and extractor fan over, plumbing for dishwasher, integrated fridge, wall mounted Worcester gas boiler which services the entire property, dual aspect windows to rear and side, part glazed stable style door giving direct access out onto the rear courtyard with steps up to the rear garden, radiator.
white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, small obscure glazed window to side, inset spotlights, extractor fan, heated towel rail, travertine stone flooring.
OFF STREET PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
driveway off street parking for two cars with a pretty lawned front garden beside with well stocked flower border and hedgerow surrounding. To the other side of the driveway there is a pathway with flower borders leading up to the main entrance to the property.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 45' 0'' x 40' 0'') (13.71m x 12.18m)
the property has a lovely good sized level lawned garden with attractive stone boundary walls and well stocked flower borders, paved seating area closest to the property perfect for outdoor entertaining. At the top of the garden there is a pergola with small seating area beneath covered with wisteria. Pathway provides handy side access through the entrance vestibule to the front of the property. The garden enjoys a south-westerly aspect, the perfect orientation to enjoy and make the most of the afternoon and early evening sunshine.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.