0117 946 6690
- An elegant Bath stone family house of distinction (circa 3,000 sq. ft).
- Early Victorian period semi-detached, circa 1864.
- 5 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, 2 bath/shower rooms.
- 20ft kitchen/dining room designed by John Lewis of Hungerford kitchens.
- Beautiful situation on wide road close to Cotham Gardens Park.
- Close to Redland local train station giving easy access to Temple Meads.
- Pretty front garden (24ft x 24ft)
- Well stocked rear garden (60ft x 25ft) with sitting out area.
- Double garaging with remote electronically operated doors.
- An earliest viewing recommended.
An elegant and sizeable (circa 3,000 sq. ft.) 5 bedroom, 3 reception room early Victorian period semi-detached family residence with DOUBLE GARAGING, lovely 60ft rear garden and superb views from the top of the house. In a prime location near Cotham Gardens Primary School, Cotham School and Cotham Gardens Park.
A beautiful family home full of warmth, light and space which in combination with the property's intrinsic character and period features creates a wonderful, civilised atmosphere. The property also offers extensive facilities with many high quality additions including John Lewis of Hungerford kitchen.
Fully integrated as one residence over four floors but if required also has the flexibility, subject to any necessary consents, to provide a separate self-contained flat on the lower ground floor.
Prime location: Cotham School, Cotham Gardens and St Peter and Paul RC Primary Schools and Cotham Gardens Park are all within approx. 0.25 miles and Bristol Grammar School is only a little further afield. Enjoys a very central & convenient position, handy for main hospitals complex, university and Park Street environs, city centre and harbourside areas, BBC and Whiteladies Road, the wide open spaces of the Downs & the contrasting attractions of Gloucester Road's urban vibe. Indeed these and so many of the exceptional facilities and attractions Bristol offers are all within easy reach, many happily assessable on foot.
Hall Floor: reception hall, 21ft drawing room, 16ft sitting room.
Lower Ground Floor: entrance hall, 15ft family room, 20ft kitchen/dining room with double doors out to garden, butler's pantry, utility room, separate wc.
First Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: part galleried landing, 3 further double bedrooms (5 in total), additional bathroom/wc.
Outside: pretty front garden (24ft x 24ft), well-stocked rear garden (60ft x 25ft) with sitting out area. Double garage accessible via Fremantle Road with remote electronically operated roller doors.
via front garden, steps up to main front entrance door with overlight and stone canopy supported by consoles, gated side pathway leads down to a second entrance door into the lower ground floor at the side of the house and rear garden beyond.
'L' SHAPED RECEPTION HALL:
ornate and simple moulded cornicing, moulded arch with decorative consoles to either side, inlaid entrance mat, arched side window with stained glass, classic staircase with handrail and balustrade rising to upper floors, staircase descending to lower ground floor.
DRAWING ROOM: (rear/front) (21' 4'' x 14' 4'') (6.50m x 4.37m)
ornate ceiling cornicing and rose, sash windows set into shallow bays with working shutters and pleasant vistas over garden and city beyond, fine period stone fireplace with open fire.
SITTING ROOM: (rear/front) (14' 10'' x 13' 1'') (4.52m x 3.98m)
ornate ceiling cornicing and centre rose, wide semi-circular bay with sash windows and working shutters, fine period fireplace with slate surrounds and hearth, walk-in former Butler's Pantry (now with book/storage shelves/desk top with drawers/cupboards below).
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
internally via stairs down from the rear of the main reception hall; externally via pathway through front garden down side of house to second entrance door into:-
slate tiled flooring, deep walk in store cupboard understairs, window to the side elevation.
FAMILY ROOM: (rear/front) (14' 8'' x 13' 1'') (4.47m x 3.98m)
semi-circular bay with sash windows and working shutters, period fireplace with inset wood burning stove set upon a slate hearth.
FAMILY KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (rear/front) (21' 0'' x 14' 3'') (6.40m x 4.34m)
bespoke Shaker-style kitchen by John Lewis of Hungerford combining drawers and cabinets, slimline quartz worktops with matching upstands, undermount stainless steel sink with mixer tap, bevel-edged wall tiling, gas-fired Aga (available by separate negotiation), integral tall fridge/freezer, space for dishwasher, tiled flooring, ample space for table and chairs, period fireplace, picture window overlooking the rear garden, part multi-paned double doors opening externally to the rear garden.
PANTRY CUPBOARD: (6' 8'' x 3' 10'') (2.03m x 1.17m)
ample shelving and ceiling light point.
UTILITY ROOM: (6' 4'' x 5' 7'') (1.93m x 1.70m)
space and plumbing for washing machine, Vaillant hot water cylinder with pressurised tank, wall-mounted Vaillant gas fired boiler, opaque glazed window to the side elevation, cupboard housing meter boxes, tiled flooring
low level wc, wall-mounted wash hand basin, obscure glazed window to the side elevation, tiled flooring.
staircase rises up from the main reception hall.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (21' 5'' x 14' 3'') (6.52m x 4.34m)
simple moulded cornicing, sash windows set into shallow bays with far reaching views across the city rooftops, period fireplace with iron insert, built-in wardrobe.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (15' 0'' x 13' 5'') (4.57m x 4.09m)
simple moulded cornicing, sash window with panels to either side, period fireplace with iron insert, built-in wardrobe.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (13' 5'' x 6' 0'') (4.09m x 1.83m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and wall-mounted shower, wall-mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, low-level dual flush wc, windows to the front and side elevations, heated towel rail/radiator, simple moulded cornicing, raised height storage cupboard.
part galleried landing, storage cupboard, staircase continues rising from the first floor landing, ceiling access to roof space, double glazed Velux window passes plenty of natural light into the stairwell.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (15' 1'' x 13' 1'') (4.59m x 3.98m)
sash window to the front elevation, period fireplace, walk-in wardrobe with electric lighting and hanging rail.
BEDROOM 4: (rear/front) (14' 6'' x 13' 0'') (4.42m x 3.96m)
sash window set in shallow bay with remarkable far reaching views across the city to hills in the distance, period fireplace.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) (14' 5'' x 8' 0'') (4.39m x 2.44m)
sash window set in shallow bay with remarkable far reaching views across the city to hills in the distance, period fireplace, exposed wooden floorboards.
BATHROOM/WC: (13' 8'' x 5' 11'') (4.16m x 1.80m)
panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin, low level wc, sash window to the front elevation, heated towel rail/radiator.
FRONT GARDEN: (24' 0'' x 24' 0'') (7.31m x 7.31m)
set behind a stone wall with wrought iron railing. Wrought iron gate with sweeping stone chipped pathway leading to the front entrance and side gate. Shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs.
REAR GARDEN: (60' 0'' x 25' 0'') (18.27m x 7.61m)
charming and lovely, full width paved sitting out and entertaining space immediately behind the house with access direct from the kitchen/dining room, beyond is a lawned section, with side borders containing a profusion of flowering plants/shrubs/bushes/ ornamental trees and at the end of the garden there is a sheltered sitting out area with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Steps down to garaging.
GARAGE 1: (17' 3'' x 8' 5'') (5.25m x 2.56m)
remote electronically operated roller door, light and power connected.
GARAGE 2: (15' 11'' x 8' 1'') (4.85m x 2.46m)
remote electronically operated roller door, light and power connected.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property freehold with a rent charge of £5.10s p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.