0117 946 6690
- A classic, elegant and large late Georgian style (circa 1860) semi-detached family house
- Spacious and stylishly presented accommodation (circa 3,960 sq. ft)
- 6 double bedrooms, 3 reception rooms
- Open-plan kitchen/dining/living room
- Period features and a most civilised atmosphere
- Eco measures include solar thermal, solar PV and greywater recycling
- A gardener's paradise with gardens on three sides
- Single garage
A classic, elegant and large late Georgian style (circa 1860) semi-detached family house with beautiful gardens and single garage.
Offered spacious and stylishly presented accommodation (circa 3,960 sq. ft.) with 6 double bedrooms, 3 reception rooms and open-plan kitchen/dining/living room.
Retains many period features and provides for a most civilised atmosphere.
Gardener's paradise - situated on three sides and enjoying a good amount of privacy with sections of lawn, established borders, sitting out area, beautiful magnolia giving a splash of Spring colour, fruit trees, vegetable garden and single garage.
Eco measures include solar thermal, solar PV and greywater recycling.
Enjoys an elevated position in a favoured location near Cotham Park Gardens and within 0.5 miles of Cotham School and 0.25 miles of Cotham Gardens Primary; convenient access to the city centre, university, main hospitals, Gloucester Road and Whiteladies Road.
Vendor Comments: What does it feel like to live here? It's a joy. It's the best of everything - an extraordinary spacious and beautiful home, with a large 'hidden' garden where you feel you could be anywhere in the world, and yet you are 10-15 minutes walk from all the best bits of Bristol. We shall be sad to leave.
solid six-panelled wooden door with brass door furniture, side panels and arched fanlight, opening to:-
ENTRANCE PORCH: (7' 0'' x 6' 6'') (2.13m x 1.98m)
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious family home, having monochrome tiled flooring, sash window to the side elevation, lantern light window, wall light point. Part glazed double doors with overlight, opening to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (16' 6'' x 8' 11'') (5.03m x 2.72m)
having an easy rising elegant turning staircase ascending to the first floor with sweeping mahogany handrail and ornately carved spindles, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling light point and radiator. Door with staircase descending to the lower ground floor. Six-panelled doors with deep moulded architraves, opening to:-
STUDY: (11' 7'' x 8' 10'') (3.53m x 2.69m)
full double glazed window to the front elevation, wall to wall work station with fitted shelving above, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ceiling light point and radiator.
DRAWING ROOM: (20' 7'' x 14' 10'' into bay window) (6.27m x 4.52m)
a gracious principal reception room with virtually full height curved glass bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows, central open fireplace with ornately carved slate mantlepiece and hearth, recesses to either side of the chimney breast, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, radiator and ceiling light point. Wide wall opening with folding doors through to:-
SITTING ROOM: (15' 10'' x 14' 10'') (4.82m x 4.52m)
tall multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden with working shutters, chimney breast with arched recess and recesses to either side (both with floating book shelving), exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, radiator and ceiling light point.
exposed wooden floorboards, ceiling light point. Part glazed door opening to the rear porch. Six-panelled door with moulded architraves, opening to:-
low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, exposed wooden floorboards, radiator, double glazed window to the side elevation, ceiling light point.
LEAN-TO CONSERVATORY/GREENHOUSE: (15' 2'' x 6' 10'') (4.62m x 2.08m)
windows on three sides and sloping glass roof with exposed beams, wooden decked flooring, two wall light points, two skylight windows. Part glazed double doors overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
OPEN-PLAN KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: (34' 1'' max/21'11 min x 23' 6'' max/13'9 min) (10.38m/6.68m x 7.16m/4.19m)
loosely divided as follows:-
base level white units comprising cabinets and drawers with large island unit, a combination of roll edged wooden and stainless steel worktops, stainless steel sink with pressurised mixer tap, splashback tiling, space for range cooker with 7 ring gas hob and extractor hood, integral dishwasher, chimney breast with arched recess and shelving, space for American style fridge/freezer, three ceiling light points, inset ceiling downlights, slate flagged flooring, double glazed window to the front elevation, Victorian style radiator.
multi-paned sash window overlooking the rear garden with working shutters, chimney breast with arched recess and space for wood burning stove upon a slate hearth, Victorian style radiator, slate flagged flooring, two ceiling light points, inset ceiling downlights, radiator. Part glazed door opening externally to a covered area beneath the rear porch. Doors opening to:-
LAUNDRY/UTILITY ROOM: (11' 3'' x 8' 9'') (3.43m x 2.66m)
sash window to the side elevation, space and plumbing for washing machine, stainless steel worktop with wash hand basin and mixer tap plus cupboard beneath, ample shelving and hanging rail space, slate flagged flooring, ceiling light point, wall mounted Vaillant gas fired combination boiler.
PANTRY: (6' 11'' x 6' 8'') (2.11m x 2.03m)
windows to the front and rear, radiator, slate flagged flooring, ceiling light point.
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, radiator, inset ceiling downlights, sliding doors to a Useful Storage Cupboard.
LANDING: (16' 2'' x 9' 0'' including stairwell) (4.92m x 2.74m)
a spacious landing enjoying plenty of natural light via tall multi-paned sash window to the side elevation, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, radiator and ceiling light point. A shower room is situated at ¾ landing level. Turning staircase continuing to the second floor. Panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (17' 9'' x 13' 6'') (5.41m x 4.11m)
tall multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, chimney breast with arched recess and recesses to either side, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, exposed wooden floorboards, radiator, two ceiling light points. Privacy panel with freestanding roll top bath on ball and claw feet with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment plus pedestal wash hand basin.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 9'' x 14' 11'') (4.80m x 4.54m)
tall double glazed window overlooking the rear garden, period fireplace with decorative tiled slips and hearth plus ornately carved mantlepiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breast (one with built-in cupboards), exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, radiator, wash hand basin with mixer tap on wooden worktop, ceiling light point, two bedside wall light points.
BEDROOM 3: (13' 6'' x 10' 9'') (4.11m x 3.27m)
multi-paned sash window to front elevation, radiator, ceiling light point.
walk-in shower with wall mounted shower unit and an overhead circular shower, low level dual flush wc, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, tiled flooring and walls, heated towel rail/radiator, part obscure glazed sash window to the rear elevation, ceiling light point and wall light point.
fitted bookshelving at ¾ landing level with useful raised height storage cupboard above, radiator, two ceiling light points, loft access with pull down ladder (control unit for solar PV panels situated in the loft space). Airing Cupboard housing hot water cylinder, pressurised tank and control panel for the solar thermal panelling. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves, opening to:-
BEDROOM 4: (15' 0'' x 12' 10'') (4.57m x 3.91m)
multi-paned sash window to the rear elevation with rooftop views, radiator, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 5: (17' 9'' x 13' 9'') (5.41m x 4.19m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, radiator, ceiling light point, walk-in storage cupboard.
BEDROOM 6: (13' 7'' x 10' 11'') (4.14m x 3.32m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, radiator, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC:
panelled bath with mixer tap and handheld shower attachment plus tiled surround, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, low level dual flush wc, wet room style shower with wall mounted shower unit and an overhead circular shower plus fully tiled surround, heated towel rail/radiator, tiled flooring, inset ceiling downlights, multi-paned sash window to the side elevation.
FRONT GARDEN: (60' 0'' x 40' 0'') (18.27m x 12.18m)
from the pavement, impressive gate pillars with wrought iron gate opening onto a meandering south cerney stone pathway flanked by lavender, sections of lawn with shrub borders as well as a eucalyptus tree, fruit trees including two apple trees, two crab apple trees, a fruiting cherry tree and a meribel plum tree, a particular feature of the front garden is an established white flowering with a hint of pink magnolia tree. Side gate with arched trellising and established jasmine and passion flower giving access to:-
SIDE GARDEN: (30' 0'' x 30' 0'') (9.14m x 9.14m)
a cleverly designed and productive vegetable garden, there is also a pear tree to one corner, flint chipped pathway continuing to:-
REAR GARDEN: (45' 0'' x 38' 0'') (13.71m x 11.57m)
enjoying privacy and seclusion with well stocked borders to either side, two shaped lawns divided by the continuing flint chipped pathway which eventually leads to a rear pedestrian gate via sitting out area. Steps down to a sunken courtyard with wood store and covered area that houses a water tank for rainwater goods. Accessed internally via the rear porch. At the tail end of the garden there is:-
SINGLE GARAGE: (18' 1'' x 12' 3'') (5.51m x 3.73m)
wooden double opening vehicular door to front opening onto quiet vehicular lane, obscure glazed window to side, light and power connected, high sloping roof with exposed beams, personal door from the rear garden.
vacuum tube solar heat collector on the rear roof, which we understand keeps gas bills to a minimum and provides solar heated water to the whole house.
rainwater goods collection tanks which feed lower ground, ground and first floor wcs, utility sink and washing machine, with a hose to the garden.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.