0117 946 6690
- A large Victorian semi-detached property in need of complete renovation
- South westerly facing rear garden
- Off road parking
- Situated on one of Redland's most sought after roads
- Enormous potential to create your dream home, subject to any necessary consents
A fabulous opportunity to extensively renovate this substantial Victorian building to design and create one's perfect family home.
Situated on the sunny side of one of Redland's most desirable roads, this impressive building has been informally divided historically to accommodate lodgers, but offers enormous potential to re-arrange the accommodation and reinstate it to its original and likely desired use as a family home.
Ample accommodation arranged over 3 floors with some retained period features including sash windows, high ceilings with ceiling cornicing and the original Victorian staircase.
Fabulous 50ft x 35ft level walled south westerly facing rear garden.
Off street parking for 2 cars.
A wonderful opportunity to renovate and transform this large Victorian house, subject to any necessary consents.
via driveway providing off street parking with a pathway leading up the right hand side of the building to the main entrance.
ENTRANCE VESTIBLE: 7' 7'' x 4' 4'' (2.31m x 1.32m)
high ceilings, low level meter cupboard housing fuse box and a part glazed door leading into the entrance hall.
ENTRANCE HALL: 18' 7'' x 7' 4'' (5.66m x 2.23m)
an original staircase rising through the building, high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing and doors off to the front and rear of the property.
RECEPTION ROOM: 20' 5'' max into chimney recess x 18' 3'' max into bay (6.22m x 5.56m)
a wide bay to front comprising sash windows with wooden shutters, high ceilings with ceiling cornicing and picture rail, fireplace, gas meter, basic kitchen units and door through to reception room (currently used as a bedroom).
RECEPTION ROOM: 13' 10'' x 12' 8'' max into chimney recess (4.21m x 3.86m)
high ceilings, ceiling coving, sash window to front and sliding door accessing a shower room/wc.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 7' 4'' x 4' 1'' (2.23m x 1.24m)
corner shower enclosure, low level wc and pedestal wash basin.
RECEPTION ROOM: 18' 6'' max into bay x 15' 4'' max into chimney recess (5.63m x 4.67m)
an impressive rear reception room with high ceilings, original ceiling coving, impressive fireplace and surround, wide bay to rear with a south-westerly aspect overlooking the rear garden and comprising 3 sash windows, radiator and archway leading through into:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 14' 4'' x 12' 1'' max into chimney recess (4.37m x 3.68m)
a range of kitchen units, a floor standing Ideal Mexico gas boiler set into the chimney recess with worktop over, sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden and door accessing a utility room.
UTILITY ROOM: 13' 5'' x 7' 1'' (4.09m x 2.16m)
ample built in storage cupboards, plumbing for washing machine, large sink, sash window to side and door accessing:-
CLOAKROOM/WC: 7' 2'' x 3' 8'' (2.18m x 1.12m)
wc with high level cistern, wash hand basin and small sash window to rear.
staircase continuing to the second floor landing and doors leading off to the front of the property, a rear bedroom and an inner lobby, which in turn has doors off to a bathroom and bedroom.
The front half of the first floor is informally arranged as an apartment and where you would typically enter into a bedroom there is an internal hallway with doors off to:-
FIRST FLOOR FRONT BEDROOM 1: 13' 10'' x 10' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.21m x 3.32m)
sash window to front, high ceilings, fireplace with built in cupboards to chimney recess, radiator and door off to a kitchenette.
KITCHENETTE: 10' 6'' x 4' 2'' (3.20m x 1.27m)
a basic range of kitchen units with sink and drainer unit, plumbing for washing machine and further appliance space.
BEDROOM 2: 11' 8'' x 10' 1'' (3.55m x 3.07m)
high ceilings with ceiling coving, boarded fireplace, radiator and sash window to front.
a shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, high ceilings with partial ceiling coving.
FIRST FLOOR REAR BEDROOM 3: 14' 4'' x 13' 4'' to front of chimney breast (4.37m x 4.06m)
2 large sash windows to rear, radiator, gas fire and a built in cupboard to chimney recess with high level water tank.
BEDROOM 4: 14' 5'' x 13' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.39m x 4.24m)
double bedroom with 2 large sash windows to rear, boarded fireplace and a radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: 10' 2'' x 7' 5'' (3.10m x 2.26m)
white suite comprising panelled bath, low level wc, wash hand basin set into a counter, attractive period part stained glass window to side.
2 roof light windows flooding natural light through the stairwell and a door entering into a spacious central landing which has doors off to 3 further double bedrooms, a bathroom and a further room which is currently arranged as a kitchen/dining space for the upper floor. High level fuse box and further gas meter.
TOP FLOOR KITCHEN: (front) 13' 10'' x 12' 4'' (4.21m x 3.76m)
dormer window to front, basic range of fitted kitchen units.
BEDROOM 5: (front) 14' 8'' max taken below sloped ceilings x 13' 11'' max into chimney recess (4.47m x 4.24m)
sash window to front, further Velux skylight window, period style fireplace with a gas fire in front.
BEDROOM 6: (rear) 14' 11'' max into chimney recess x 14' 4'' max taken below slped ceilings (4.54m x 4.37m)
a good sized double bedroom with a tiled fireplace with gas fire in front, dormer sash window to rear.
BEDROOM 7: (rear) 14' 4'' max taken below sloped ceilings x 12' 3'' max into chimney recess (4.37m x 3.73m)
double bedroom with period fireplace with gas fire in front, dormer with sash window to rear.
BATHROOM/WC: 7' 9'' x 7' 5'' (2.36m x 2.26m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with shower over, low level wc, wash hand basin with cabinet beneath, window to side and part tiled walls.
OFF STREET PARKING & FRONT GARDEN:
the frontage is mainly laid to stone chippings providing off street parking for 2 cars with a garden beside containing various shrubs and trees. There is a pathway leading up the right hand side of the property where you will find the main front door to the house and gated entrance into the rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: approx 50' 0'' x 35' 0'' (15.23m x 10.66m)
a lovely level south westerly facing walled rear garden with central lawned sections and densely planted borders containing an array of plants and shrubs, pathway leads beside the lawn to the bottom of the garden where there is a raised flower border.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold with an annual rent charge of £5 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.