0117 946 6690
- Enjoying a grandstand position with sweeping panoramic skyline vistas across the city
- A beautiful (circa 2,500 sq. ft) Georgian period family home
- Occupies the bottom 4/5ths of this delightful building
- An elegant and cleverly designed family home
- Dating from the late 18th century with an abundance of period features
- 85ft south-easterly facing walled rear garden
- A highly individual home with so much to appreciate and savour
Enjoying a grandstand position with sweeping panoramic skyline vistas across the city; a beautiful 4 double bedroom (circa 2,500 sq. ft.) grade II listed Georgian period family home in Kingsdown, having well stocked 85ft sunny rear garden.
An elegant and cleverly designed family home, originally dating from the late 18th century, having therefore an abundance of period features which are blended seamlessly with many quality modern additions.
The property occupies the bottom 4/5ths of this delightful building, having been divided in the 1970s when the original house was converted into two separate properties. A large lateral apartment now spans the top floors of 12 and 12a Kingsdown Parade. For all intents and purposes the property feels like a house once inside.
Situated on Kingsdown Parade, a highly regarded Georgian street situated high up in Kingsdown on the borders of Cotham, offering all the convenience of the city with all central areas, excellent schools including Cotham School and Bristol Grammar School, Bristol University and hospitals all nearby. A Michelin starred restaurant as well as Kingsdown Sports Centre is just a short stroll away.
A friendly and neighbourly community who all enjoy the ambience and character of this historic and atmospheric quarter with its cobbled streets and fine period buildings.
Situated within the Kingsdown residents parking scheme.
Ground Floor: reception hall, drawing room with access onto balcony.
Lower Ground Floor: hall, kitchen/dining room, cinema room, utility room, separate wc.
First Floor: landing, two double bedrooms, family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, two further double bedrooms (4 in total), shower room.
Outside: 85ft south-easterly facing walled rear garden with sitting out areas, garden shed and greenhouse.
A highly individual family home with so much to appreciate and savour - location, facilities, atmosphere, character and lots of light and space.
from the pavement, there are wrought iron railings with paved pathway giving access to the communal front door. Solid six panelled front door with fan light, opening to:-
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, tall moulded skirtings, dado rail, simple moulded cornicing, wood effect flooring and ceiling light point. Solid six panelled wood door opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance to this spacious family home, having multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, tall moulded skirtings, wooden flooring, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point and radiator. Elegant staircase ascending to the first floor as well as staircase descending to the lower ground floor, door opening to:-
DRAWING ROOM: (17' 7'' x 15' 1'' max into bay) (5.36m x 4.59m)
a gracious principle reception room having wide bay window to the rear elevation having far reaching city views and comprising three multi-paned sash windows plus window seat. Central period working fireplace with cast iron surround and an ornately carved marble mantlepiece, recesses to either side of the chimney breasts (one with floating book shelving), painted wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling light point. Immediately beyond the bay window there is a Balcony with wrought iron railings, an ideal spot for alfresco dining.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
limestone flooring with underfloor heating, wall light point. Doors opening to:-
low level dual flush wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, limestone flooring with underfloor heating, ceiling downlight, wall mounted digital heating control.
CINEMA ROOM: (11' 4'' x 8' 7'') (3.45m x 2.61m)
limestone flooring with underfloor heating, wall mounted digital heating control, chimney breast with recessed vertical windows to either side, inset ceiling downlights.
UTILITY ROOM: (9' 4'' x 8' 11'') (2.84m x 2.72m)
rolled edge wooden worksurface with undermount Belfast style sink plus hot and cold water taps over, base and eye level shelving, space for freezer, space and plumbing for washer/dryer, chimney breast with arched recess and shelving, limestone flooring with underfloor heating, wall mounted digital heating control, inset ceiling downlights. Wall mounted valiant gas fired combination boiler. Part glazed wooden door opening externally to the storage vaults.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (25' 8'' x 16' 11'' max measurements into bay window) (7.82m x 5.15m)
loosely divided as follows:-
comprehensively fitted with an array of sleek glass handless soft closing base and eye level units comprising cabinets and drawers. Roll edged granite worktops with matching upstands and pelmet lighting. 1 1/2 bowl sink with indented draining board to side and swan neck mixer tap over. Integral appliances including eye level electric oven, handy microwave/oven, 5 ring gas hob and dishwasher. Space for tall fridge/freezer, inset ceiling downlights.
Wide and full height bay window overlooking the rear garden and accessed via multi-paned doors. Chimney breast with recess to one side having floating shelving and storage cupboard below, recess into chimney breast and built in cupboard to the remaining side. Limestone flooring with underfloor heating, ceiling light point, wall mounted digital thermostat heating control.
painted wooden floorboards, ceiling light point, storage cupboard, wall light point, staircase continuing to the second floor. Doors opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (16' 11'' x 15' 2'') (5.15m x 4.62m)
bay window to the rear elevation with widow seat and comprising three multi-paned sash windows with panoramic views of the city. Central period fireplace with cast iron surround, slate hearth and ornately carved marble mantel piece. Painted wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, arched recesses, picture rail, simple moulded cornicing, ceiling light point. Wall to wall built in wardrobes.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 7'' x 9' 10'') (3.83m x 2.99m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with radiator below, painted wooden floorboards, moulded skirtings, fitted book shelving, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 5'' x 6' 8'') (2.56m x 2.03m)
panelled bath with mixer tap, shower screen, built in shower unit and hand held shower attachment. High level slush wc. Bidet. Wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps and towel rail. Partially tiled walls with complementary shelves and further recessed shelving, part obscured multi-paned sash window to the front elevation, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan, tiled flooring.
part galleried over the stairwell, painted wooden floorboards, wall light point, loft access. Airing cupboard housing hot water cylinder with slatted shelving to side. Doors opening to:-
BEDROOM 3: (17' 7'' x 10' 2'') (5.36m x 3.10m)
bay window to the rear elevation comprising three sash windows and enjoying breath taking panoramic views of the city, moulded skirtings, ceiling light point, built in wardrobe.
SHOWER ROOM: (7' 10'' x 4' 6'') (2.39m x 1.37m)
walk in style shower with low level shower tray, shower screen, fully tiled surround, wall mounted shower unit and hand held shower unit. Low level dual flush wc. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap, splash back tiling and double opening cupboard below. Shaver point, tiled flooring, inset ceiling down light, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 4: (18' 0'' x 12' 10'') (5.48m x 3.91m)
having a pair of multi-paned sash windows to the front elevation both with radiators below, period fireplace, chimney breast with recessed to either side, moulded skirtings, picture rail, two ceiling light points.
REAR GARDEN: (85' 0'' x 18' 10'') (25.89m x 5.74m)
the unusually long walled garden benefits from a south-easterly aspect, adjacent to the house is a secluded patio area and timber decking with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. Stone pillars from the entrance to the main section of the garden which boasts an array of flowering plants, mature shrubs, specimen trees, areas of lawn, useful garden shed and greenhouse.
situated at the front of the building there are useful storage vaults with scope to be incorporated into the main house after first obtaining the necessary consents.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property enjoys the remainder of a 999 year lease from 1976. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.