0117 946 6690
- A handsome and spacious Victorian terraced house
- 5 bedrooms (including large attic room)
- Fabulous 29'0 x 13'6 bay fronted lounge/dining room
- Separate kitchen (with access to the rear garden)
- 35ft x 21ft level lawned rear garden
- Useful understairs storage and cellars
- An attractive and well located period home with character
- Scope for kitchen extension (subject to any necessary consents)
A handsome and spacious 5 bedroom Victorian terraced home situated on a cul-de-sac in Cotham. Further benefitting from a fabulous through 29'0 x 13'6 lounge/dining room, useful storage cellars and a level 35ft x 21ft lawned rear garden.
Highly convenient and central location, yet tucked away from the hustle and bustle in a cul-de-sac close to Cotham Gardens Park. Within a gentle stroll down the hill to the excellent shops, cafes, bus connections and amenities of Gloucester Road. Local schools include Cotham Gardens Primary and Cotham Secondary. Redland train station, Cotham Hill and Whiteladies Road are all within easy reach.
Ground Floor: vestibule flows through into a welcoming entrance hallway, fabulous 29'0 x 13'6 bay fronted lounge/dining room with French doors to the rear leading out onto the rear garden, separate kitchen (also accessing the rear garden), useful understairs storage and cellars.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with recently installed double glazed sash windows (2020), bedroom 2, bedroom 3 (off lower mezzanine landing), bedroom 4 (off upper mezzanine landing), family bathroom and airing cupboard.
Second Floor: large attic room with Velux windows to front and rear.
Outside: landscaped front courtyard garden and 35ft x 21ft level lawned rear garden with covered seating area closest to the property.
Within a residents parking permit zone, making on street parking less stressful than many other central residential roads in Bristol.
Scope for kitchen extension (subject to any necessary consents).
Owned and enjoyed by the current owners for the last 15 years, this attractive and well located period home offers a great deal of space and character.
via garden gate and pathway leading beside the front garden where there are a couple of steps up to the main front door of the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (5' 5'' x 4' 0'') (1.65m x 1.22m)
high ceilings, tiled floor with inset floormat, lovely original part stained glass door leading through into:-
high ceilings with original ceiling coving, exposed stripped period floorboards, recessed meter cupboard housing fuse box and meter for electrics with gas meter below, radiator, door through to through lounge/dining room and steps lead down to the lower section of landing where there are doors off to the kitchen and below the stairs into a half flight of stairs leading down to a storage cellar area. Further high level cupboard provides useful storage space.
LOUNGE/DINING ROOM: (29' 5'' max x 13' 11'' max/11'11 max in dining area) (8.96m x 4.24m/3.63m)
a generous through reception room (formerly two rooms)
comprising a wide bay to front with four sash windows, high ceilings with ceiling coving, period style open cast iron fireplace with marble surround and slate hearth, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, wide wall opening through to:-
high ceilings with ceiling coving, exposed stripped floorboards, radiator, French doors with glazed panel over providing plenty of natural light and access through to the rear garden.
KITCHEN: (10' 10'' x 9' 10'' max into chimney recess) (3.30m x 2.99m)
a fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktops over and inset 1 ½ bowl sink and drainer unit, dual aspect windows to rear and side. Plumbing and appliance space for dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer and cooker. Part tiled walls, inset spotlights, part glazed door to rear accessing the rear garden.
Generous side return courtyard area beside the kitchen offers scope for one to extend the kitchen, if required and subject to any necessary consents.
door understairs with steps down into a cellar storage area running beneath the entrance hallway.
staircase continuing up to the second floor. Doors leading off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, family bathroom and airing cupboard. Further door off the lower mezzanine landing accesses bedroom 3 and door off the upper mezzanine landing accesses bedroom 4.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (15' 9'' max x 12' 8'' into chimney recess) (4.80m x 3.86m)
a lovely bright double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving, original exposed stripped floorboards, feature fireplace, radiator, wide bay comprising beautiful newly installed double glazed sash windows (2020) offering partial views over surrounding buildings towards St Andrews.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (12' 7'' x 12' 0'') (3.83m x 3.65m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings and ceiling coving, large sash window to rear overlooking rear and neighbouring gardens, radiator, wall mounted Vaillant gas boiler.
BEDROOM 3: (10' 11'' x 10' 2'' in chimney recess) (3.32m x 3.10m)
(off lower mezzanine landing) high ceilings, feature chimney recess, radiator, large sash window to rear overlooking the rear garden.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 7'' x 5' 5'') (2.61m x 1.65m)
white suite comprising a small 4ft bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, part tiled walls, radiator, tiled floor, obscured glazed sash window to front.
the staircase rises up from the upper mezzanine landing into a generous attic room.
ATTIC BEDROOM 5: (19' 7'' x 18' 5'' max taken below sloped ceilings) (5.96m x 5.61m)
currently used as a generous open plan double bedroom with Velux skylight windows to front and rear, radiators and low level hatch accessing eaves storage space.
NB: this large attic room was converted historically, prior to building regulations and therefore does not have any certification. It has always been used and enjoyed as a double bedroom by the current family owners.
small courtyard front garden with low level boundary walls, garden gate and pathway leading up to the front of the property.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 35' 0'' max into recess x 21' 0'') (10.66m x 6.40m)
a level lawned garden with a north westerly aspect attracting much of the late afternoon and early summer sunshine, covered seating area closest to the property and pathway with steps leading up to an enclosed courtyard section, which could be landscaped for further seating and outdoor entertaining. The garden wraps around the side of the kitchen and offers great potential for further extension if one requires and subject to any necessary consents.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold with a perpetual yearly rent charge of £6 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.