Rownham Mead, Hotwells
Enjoying a quiet tucked away position within this popular water-fronting development - a 3 double bedroom, 2 reception room, end of terrace townhouse having gardens, single garage and off-street parking.
The property offers immensely flexible and well-proportioned accommodation arranged over three levels with gas central heating and double glazed windows throughout.
The property forms part of a short terrace of townhouses enjoying a discreet situation and yet just a few yards walk from Bristol's historic harbourside, which is now to be sold for the first time in 20 years.
Hotwells, along with neighbouring Clifton, was extremely fashionable during the 18th Century due to its spa and bottled water, and is still full of important reminders of its maritime past, Rownham Mead having been built on the former site of Champions Quay. Today, the area combines access to the M5, M4 and M32 motorways with the convenience of being close to the main areas of employment, shopping and leisure that Bristol has to offer.
Regular buses to and from the city centre as well as the M2 metrobus and Festival Way cycle route.
Ground Floor: open-front porch, entrance hallway, cloakroom/WC, kitchen/breakfast room, study/occasional fourth bedroom.
First Floor: landing, dual aspect sitting room, double bedroom.
Second Floor: landing, 2 double bedrooms (3 in total), family bathroom.
Outside: off-street parking, visitors parking, single garage, garden on three sides.
- Enjoying a quiet tucked away position
- A modern end of terrace townhouse
- 3 double bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- Comprehensively fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Study/occasional fourth bedroom
- Immensely flexible and well-proportioned accommodation
- Off street parking and visitors parking
- Single garage
- Gardens on three sides
from the forecourt, a pedestrian pathway leads to an open-fronted porch. Obscure casement door with side panel, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance with tiled flooring and staircase ascending to the first floor, useful understairs storage cupboard with shelving, radiator, ceiling light point. Doors opening to:-
low level dual flush wc, tiled effect flooring, corner wash hand basin with hot and cold water taps, ceiling light point.
STUDY/BEDROOM 4: (12' 6'' x 9' 1'') (3.81m x 2.77m)
window to the front elevation, radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (15' 7'' x 11' 5'' descending to 9'7) (4.75m x 3.48m/2.92m)
comprehensively fitted with an array of base and eye level units combining drawers and cabinets, roll edged worktop surfaces with splashback tiling, stainless steel 1 ½ bowl sink with draining to side and swan neck mixer tap over, tiled flooring, ample space for table and chairs, radiator, coved ceiling, two ceiling light points, space for electric/gas oven, space for fridge. Wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler. Casement door and large window overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden.
enjoying plenty of natural light via a window to the front elevation, staircase continuing to the second floor, radiator, ceiling light point.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 2'' descending to 9'9 x 15' 7'') (4.92m/2.97m x 4.75m)
a dual aspect principal reception room with window to the side elevation and large window to the rear elevation, radiator, coved ceiling, two ceiling light points.
BEDROOM 3: (9' 6'' x 9' 2'') (2.89m x 2.79m)
window to the front elevation with glimpse of the water towards Ashton Court, radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point.
storage cupboard with slatted shelving, loft access, ceiling light point. Doors opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (12' 5'' x 10' 2'') (3.78m x 3.10m)
window to the front elevation with attractive views across the water towards Ashton Court, double opening built-in wardrobe with cupboards above, radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point.
BEDROOM 2: (15' 7'' x 9' 6'') (4.75m x 2.89m)
window to the rear elevation with glimpses of Bristol’s historic floating harbourside, wall to wall built-in wardrobes, radiator, coved ceiling, ceiling light point.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (7' 0'' x 5' 10'') (2.13m x 1.78m)
panelled bath with mixer tap, shower screen, built-in shower unit and handheld shower attachment. Vanity unit with wash hand basin and mixer tap plus low level dual flush wc with concealed cistern. Majority tiled walls, obscure glazed window to the rear elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, wall light point, ceiling light point.
FRONT GARDEN: (24' 3'' x 14' 3'') (7.39m x 4.34m)
designed for ease of maintenance and principally stone chipped with an assortment of mature shrubs. Pedestrian gate opening to:-
SIDE GARDEN: (27' 0'' x 7' 6'') (8.22m x 2.28m)
space for garden shed, side pathway and stone chippings with stone/brick boundary wall.
REAR GARDEN: (23' 0'' x 23' 0'' max measurements) (7.01m x 7.01m)
a lovely mature garden which enjoys a good amount of privacy courtesy of brick/stone boundary walls that feature a variety of climbing plants including hydrangea and clematis. Immediately to the rear of the house and accessed via the kitchen/breakfast room is a paved patio with ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc. The remainder of the garden is laid to lawn and level with shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs with established fatsia japonica and camellia. Outside water tap and lighting.
SINGLE GARAGE: (15' 7'' x 7' 10'') (4.75m x 2.39m)
up and over metal door, vaulted ceiling with exposed beams and raised height storage space.
OFF STREET PARKING:
immediately in front of the garage there is space for one vehicle.
immediately in front of the house there are several spaces.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 25 March 1980. There is also a ground rent of £25 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that there is a yearly service charge of £250 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.