Durdham Park, Redland
A spacious, 2 double bedroom, first floor retirement apartment, of circa 950 sq. ft., located within the prestigious development of Carfax Court which occupies a quiet residential location adjacent to Durdham Downs and benefits from communal facilities including guest suites, communal drawing room, laundry area and landscaped gardens, courtyard and garage.
Carfax Court provides a variety of communal facilities for the benefit of residents, including a drawing room and two well-furnished double guest suites which can be booked at a nominal charge through the resident secretary. All these areas are fully carpeted, and the drawing room is tastefully furnished. There is also lift access to all apartments in sections of the development over two storeys in height. There is a laundry/utility room with a range of washing machines and tumble dryers together with a sink unit. This facility is for the free use of residents and is covered by the service charge. Lighting in communal areas is by time switch, photoelectric cell or push-button as circumstance best dictate. All areas within the development are protected by a fire alarm system, and static equipment (such as extinguishers and fire blankets) is amply provided.
Access to Carfax Court is through two stone pillared gateways on the Durdham Park frontage, and additional pedestrian access direct to the Downs. Gravelled drives give access to garages and parking – spaces available by arrangement. The main landscaping feature is the formal courtyard over which one approaches the separate entrances to the groups of apartments forming the new build section, which is where apartment 12 is situated. The grounds are enclosed by a fine old stone wall with grassed areas, specimen shrubs and the retention of many mature trees.
All service areas such as refuse stores, boiler rooms and intake rooms are carefully concealed within the development so that the maintenance of essential services may be carried out as unobtrusively as possible. To enhance privacy further, centralised postal and delivery boxes are provided in hall areas.
Accommodation: entrance hall, sitting/dining room, kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, shower room, separate wc.
Located in a peaceful spot, backing onto Durdham Downs and just a short distance from the amenities on Blackboy Hill and so to Whiteladies Road and similarly to Waitrose in the opposite direction.
Carfax Court has been carefully designed to provide residents with accommodation of the highest quality within a scheme that combines ease of living with privacy and independence, in an area convenient both for shopping and leisure facilities.
Sold with no onward chain so a prompt move is possible.
- Spacious living areas
- Communal facilities
- 2 double bedrooms
- Lift access
- Communal gardens
- Retirement apartment (for the over 55s)
- Purpose built
from the parking area and communal garden, a pathway leads up to multi-paned wooden door opening to:-
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE VESTIBULE:
telecom entry system for individual apartments. Ceiling light point, notice board and multi-paned wooden door, opening to:-
COMMUNAL HALL & STAIRWELL:
the apartment benefits from having both lift and stairwell access. The separate reception hall gives access to the private entrance door of the subject property via a six panelled wooden entrance door into:-
with corridor and doors leading off to the sitting/dining room, kitchen, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, shower room/wc, separate wc, 2 cupboards, electric night storage heater, ceiling light point, moulded skirting boards, moulded cornice.
SITTING/DINING ROOM: 22' 6'' reducing to 11'9" x 21' 7'' (6.85m/3.58m x 6.57m)
a large open space with windows on a dual aspect and an impressive bay window with a mixture of picture and casement windows overlooking the front elevation and overall pleasant setting within the development, 2 ceiling light points, moulded ceiling cornicing, central ceiling roses, electric night storage heaters, moulded skirting boards, telephone entry system, casement window overlooking Durdham Downs and door to:
KITCHEN: 10' 3'' x 7' 8'' (3.12m x 2.34m)
a fitting kitchen with an array of wall, base and drawer units with working surfaces and tiled splashback, 1½ bowl sink with drainer unit to side and stainless steel mixer tap over, casement window overlooking the rear elevation and Durdham Downs. Integrated double oven, space for fridge/freezer and space for washer and dryer. Four ring ceramic hob with extractor hood over, ceiling light point, lino flooring.
BEDROOM 1: 12' 0'' x 10' 2'' (3.65m x 3.10m)
with casement picture windows overlooking the rear elevation and Durdham Downs, ceiling light point, moulded ceiling cornice, skirting boards, electric night storage heater, full width mirrored fitted cupboards with ample space for hanging clothes and an array of low and high level shelves.
BEDROOM 2: 10' 1'' x 11' 4'' (3.07m x 3.45m)
casement picture window overlooking the front elevation, ceiling light point, moulded ceiling cornice, moulded skirting boards, built in dressing area and base units, fitted double mirrored wardrobe.
SHOWER ROOM/WC: 7' 10'' x 5' 11'' (2.39m x 1.80m)
with casement window overlooking the rear elevation, ceiling light point, large shower enclosure with wall mounted electric shower with wall mounted detachable shower head, stainless steel handrail, complementary shelf, tiled surround, heated towel rail, low level button flush wc with discreetly housed cistern, vanity cabinet mounted wash hand basin with stainless steel tap over and complementary shelves to either side, tiled splashback, inset ceiling downlights, wall mounted mirrored vanity cabinet, shaver point, tiled flooring.
comprising low level button flush wc with discreetly housed cistern with complementary shelf over, single glazed casement window overlooking the rear elevation, ceiling light point, vanity cabinet mounted wash hand basin with stainless steel mixer tap over, part tiled surround, wall mounted vanity cabinet with mirrored door.
access to Carfax Court is through two stone pillared gateways on the Durdham Park frontage, and additional pedestrian access direct to the Downs. Gravelled drives give access to garages and parking – spaces available by arrangement. The main landscaping feature is the formal courtyard over which one approaches the separate entrances to the groups of apartments forming the new build section. The grounds are extremely well maintained and enclosed by a fine old stone wall with sections of lawn, specimen shrubs and the retention of many mature trees.
GARAGE: 15' 10'' x 8' 11'' (4.82m x 2.72m)
as you enter, exit the communal door for the apartment and walk back down the path. A path to the left hand side will lead to a number of garages and the subject garage can be found on the right hand side and is numbered 7. Lighting.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1st June 1986. There is an annual ground rent of £1. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £342.92. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
The lease contains specific arrangements for the re-sale of apartments. Re-sales are conducted on the seller’s behalf by the freeholder, Retirement Properties Limited. A fee calculated at 5% of the sale price is payable to the freeholder. Out of this the freeholder will settle the fees of estate agents and solicitors, along with any other sale costs such as for an EPC. The balance of 95% is remitted to the seller.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.