0117 946 6690
- South west garden
- Victorian period house
- Favoured side road
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 receptions plus conservatory
- Garage/potential reception room 3
- Energy saving features
- Driveway off street parking
- Offered with no onward chain
Offered with no onward chain and set on the sunny side of this favoured side road is this bright and generously proportioned 5 bedroom, 2 reception Victorian period semi-detached house with south west facing garden and driveway parking.
The house has been in the same ownership for 40 years and would benefit from updating in places.
Positioned in a central Redland location and close to so much. Around the corner is Cotham Gardens Park (and Redland rail link) and close to Whiteladies Road, Gloucester Road and Hospital/University areas.
Local schooling available nearby with Cotham Gardens Primary, St Peter & Paul RC Primary and Cotham Senior School all within 0.5 miles.
Energy saving features including PV and hot water solar panels, wool loft insulation and recently installed double glazed sash windows.
Ground Floor: inner vestibule, entrance hallway, cloakroom/wc, sitting room, garage/potential reception room 3, dining room, kitchen, conservatory.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite shower room/wc, 4 further bedrooms, bathroom/wc.
Outside: south-west facing rear garden
period tiled pathway leads to the left hand side of the building up to the entrance door.
with modern and secure front door and double glazed overlight, Victorian period tessellated tiled floor, opening through into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (18' 9'' overall inclusive of wc x 7' 6'') (5.71m x 2.28m)
large opening through to the main hallway, oak flooring, stairs rising to the first floor with handsome balustrade and handrail, doors open to dining room, kitchen, sitting room and garage/reception 3. Full range of dresser storage cupboards to the rear of the hallway and useful understairs storage. Radiator, ceiling cornicing, picture rail.
: low level wc, double glazed sash window to the side elevation, wash hand basin with exposed wooden vanity unit, ceiling cornicing, continuation of tessellated tiled flooring.
SITTING ROOM: (18' 2'' into bay x 11' 10'' into chimney recess) (5.53m x 3.60m)
a lovely grand room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, four wooden double glazed sash windows to the front elevation, wood burning stove with marble surround & mantel and slate hearth, radiator.
GARAGE/POTENTIAL RECEPTION ROOM 3: (14' 5'' x 7' 11'') (4.39m x 2.41m)
partially glazed timber garage doors to the front elevation.
DINING ROOM: (16' 11'' into bay x 12' 9'' into chimney recess) (5.15m x 3.88m)
a lovely big room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, three sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, two radiators, oak wooden flooring, an impressive tiled fireplace. Large opening through to:-
KITCHEN: (14' 6'' x 7' 11'') (4.42m x 2.41m)
fitted with a range of wall and base units, partially tiled walls, space for large range cooker with filter above, Victorian style tiled floor, radiator, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and dishwasher, double stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap complete with water filter, recessed spotlights.
CONSERVATORY: (17' 2'' x 7' 9'') (5.23m x 2.36m)
double glazed windows and skylights, Victorian period style floor, doors leading to the rear garden.
doors leading off to all rooms and stairs up to upper mezzanine and stairs down to lower mezzanine.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (17' 1'' into bay x 13' 1'' into chimney recess) (5.20m x 3.98m)
a lovely big double bedroom with bay window to the rear elevation comprising three sash windows, high ceiling, ceiling cornicing, radiator, pedestal 'Heritage' wash hand basin, door leading into:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC:
with low level wc, shower cubicle, partially tiled walls, wooden double glazed sash window to the side elevation, recessed spotlights.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (15' 0'' into bay x 11' 2'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.40m)
a lovely bright room with bay and four sash windows to the front elevation, cast iron fireplace, fitted storage with wash hand basin, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (14' 6'' x 9' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.42m x 2.77m)
sash window to the front elevation, radiator, cast iron fireplace.
BEDROOM 4: (14' 10'' to rear of wardrobes x 7' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.52m x 2.41m)
(lower mezzanine) sash window to the rear elevation, picture rail, cast iron fireplace, painted wooden floorboards, wooden fitted Airing Cupboard housing the hot water tank and fitted shelving with further storage above.
BEDROOM 5: (14' 10'' x 7' 11'' measured to min ceiling height of 4'1/1.24m) (4.52m x 2.41m)
(upper mezzanine) a really charming room with double glazed skylight, low casement window to the rear elevation, exposed wooden flooring, cast iron fireplace, radiator, access to roof storage. Immediately outside is further eaves storage and housing the gas boiler.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (7' 9'' max x 7' 5'') (2.36m x 2.26m)
Heritage suite comprising pedestal wash hand basin, bidet, low level wc and panelled bath with tiled surround and overhead shower, wooden double glazed sash window to the side elevation, radiator, tiled floor, recessed spotlights.
a very well planted mature south-west facing rear garden with small patio area leading to lawn, planted with a vast array of tropical plants, fruit trees and pond. Side access useful for muddy boots, bikes, etc.
OFF STREET PARKING:
driveway off street parking for one vehicle.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is also a perpetual yearly rent charge of £7.0s.0d. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.