Upper Belgrave Road, Clifton
A most impressive, elegant and well-proportioned 4 double bedroom Clifton townhouse situated in a landmark location fronting Durdham Downs. Further benefiting from breath taking panoramic views over the city, an abundance of natural light, and a south east facing rear garden.
A wonderful location, fronting the acres of green open space of Durdham Downs and offering one of the best views in the city across Bristol to the Bath and Dundry hills in the distance. Within a short stroll of the shops, cafes and restaurants of Whiteladies Road and within easy reach of all central areas.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, wonderful 27ft x 13ft through reception room and downstairs cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, principal large bedroom suite with balcony fronting Durdham Downs, dressing area with French doors and Juliette balcony offering incredible city views and adjoining en suite bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: 2 double bedrooms, family bathroom/shower/wc, boiler cupboard and utility cupboard (with plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer).
Lower Ground Floor: semi open-plan through kitchen/dining space with sash windows to front, high ceilings, period fireplace and double doors accessing a balcony. Door accesses front lower ground entrance hall, with its own independent lower ground floor entrance at the front of the property and further doors off to utility cupboard and storage cupboard.
Basement Level: landing, double bedroom 4/home office with double doors leading out onto a south easterly facing rear garden.
An impressive city home with spectacular views in an enviable location.
- A most impressive and well-proportioned (over 2200 sq ft) period home fronting the Downs
- South easterly facing rear garden
- Spectacular views over the city
- 4 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite) and wonderful reception space
- Impressive 27ft x 13ft through reception room with Juliette balcony
- Landmark location and highly convenient for Whiteladies Rd
- Independent lower ground floor entrance and versatile accommodation
via garden gate and pathway leading through the front courtyard garden where there is a covered entrance and main front door to the property with staircase beside leading down to the lower ground floor independent entrance.
high ceilings with partial ceiling coving, dado rail, coat hooks and part glazed door with original stained glass panel over leading through into:
an elegant entrance hallway with high ceilings, ceiling coving and feature archway, radiator with decorative cover, original staircase rising to first floor landing with sash window at half landing level providing plenty of natural light through the landing and stairwell. Staircase also descends to the lower ground floor with a door leading off to a cloakroom/wc and part glazed double doors lead into:
THROUGH RECEPTION ROOM: (27' 6'' max into bay x 13' 9'' max reducing to 11'5" 8.38m x 4.19m/3.48m))
an impressive through reception room (originally 2 rooms) with wide bay to front comprising 5 period sash windows offering an open outlook over Upper Belgrave Road towards Durdham Downs, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, an attractive period fireplace with gas coal effect fire, wood flooring, radiators, cable tv point and wide wall opening connecting through to the rear half of the through reception space, which also has high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, radiator, wood flooring and double glazed French doors with a Juliette balcony and a southerly aspect, offering spectacular views over Bristol.
low level wc, wash hand basin, radiator with decorative cover and double glazed window to rear.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
a staircase continuing down to the rear garden level and wide wall opening creating a semi open-plan kitchen/dining space.
KITCHEN/DINING SPACE: (including landing area 27' 10'' x 18' 5'' max (8.48m x 5.61m))
a large sociable kitchen/dining space with built in fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level white units with granite worktops over and inset stainless steel sink with waste disposal and drainer unit, appliance space for range cooker set within the chimney breast with built in extractor fan, integrated dishwasher and microwave, central island unit with overhanging breakfast bar, 3 sash windows to front, high ceilings with inset spotlights, stone tiled flooring and wide wall opening connecting through to the dining area. Door accessing lower ground floor entrance hall, which in turn has the independent entrance from the lower courtyard and doors off to a recessed utility cupboard with plumbing for washing machine and built in shelving and further storage cupboard with built in shelving.
high ceilings, an attractive period fireplace, painted floorboards, tall double glazed French doors connecting through to a southerly facing balcony, radiator.
BALCONY: (approx 9' 6'' x 5' 0'' (2.89m x 1.52m))
space for café table and chairs and its southerly aspect to enjoy wonderful open views and day time sunshine.
REAR GARDEN LEVEL
an understairs recess, part glazed door accessing the rear garden and a further door accessing bedroom 4/home office.
BEDROOM 4/HOME OFFICE: (11' 0'' x 10' 8'' (3.35m x 3.25m))
a double bedroom or home office with radiator and double glazed double doors accessing the rear garden.
staircase continuing up to the second floor landing and door leading through to the principal bedroom.
BEDROOM 1: (27' 7'' x 12' 6'' max into chimney recess reducing to 11'7" 8.40m x 3.81m/3.53m))
originally two rooms but opened through as one large principal bedroom suite with wonderful wide bay window to front comprising 4 sash windows with secondary glazing and a part glazed door accessing a balcony, offering stunning open views over Durdham Downs, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, feature archway connecting through to the dressing area with an attractive period style fireplace with stone surround and mantle, recessed shoe cupboard and ample space for wardrobes. Radiators and tall double glazed French doors with Juliette balcony offering an incredible panoramic view over Bristol towards Lansdown and Dundry hills in the distance. Step up and archway through to an en suite bathroom/shower/wc.
En Suith Bathroom/Shower/wc: (11' 1'' x 5' 6'' (3.38m x 1.68m))
white suite comprising panelled Jacuzzi whirlpool bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, double sink with built in mirrored cabinet over and further storage cabinets beneath, corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, tiled walls and floor, inset spotlights and sash style window to front.
small balcony over the covered porch provides a lovely outlook over Durdham Downs.
plenty of natural light provided by the Velux skylight window over and doors off to bedroom 2, bedroom 3, utility cupboard (off lower half landing) and boiler cupboard, housing Vaillant gas boiler and pressurised hot water cylinder.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear)12' 0'' x 11' 9'' max into chimney recess (3.65m x 3.58m))
a double bedroom with double glazed sash window to rear offering a spectacular elevated cityscape view over much of Bristol, an attractive period fireplace, shallow recessed storage cupboard and further high level door accessing a generous storage space, wood laminated floor and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((front) 15' 5'' x 11' 4'' max into chimney recess (4.70m x 3.45m))
a double bedroom with wide bay to front comprising 5 sash windows with secondary glazing offering an elevated open outlook over Durdham Downs. Built in shelving, wood laminated flooring and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (10' 10'' x 6' 5'' (3.30m x 1.95m))
white suite comprising double ended bath with system fed shower over, low level wc with concealed cistern, wash basin with tiled splashbacks, sash window to front, tiled walls and floor, inset spotlights and Velux skylight window.
(off half landing) plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer, corner wash hand basin and small window to rear.
garden gate leading into a level front garden with pathway leading up to the covered entrance to the property, steps descend to an independent lower ground floor entrance.
REAR GARDEN: (approx 22' 0'' x 20' 0'' (6.70m x 6.09m))
a low maintenance southerly facing rear garden with raised decked seating area closest to the property with a few steps down to a paved section and further decked seating area with flower border beside containing various shrubs. Attractive stone boundary walls and outside tap.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.