Durdham Park, Redland
An exceptionally large 4 double bedroom (1 with en suite), 2 reception room (plus study) purpose built apartment enjoying breath-taking views over the Downs. Further benefiting from a double garage and expansive communal gardens.
Originally designed as 2 apartments, but merged and specified as one by the original owners, this magnificent lateral property offers the space and proportions rarely seen in Bristol apartments.
Situated on the pleasant leafy fringes of the Downs, this apartment also offers convenient access to all amenities of Blackboy Hill/Whiteladies Road, Coldharbour Road and North View.
Accommodation: entrance hallway, 20ft x 19ft lounge/dining room leading through to a sun room offering magnificent views over Durdham Downs, separate kitchen/breakfast room, home office (also accessed off the lounge/dining room), principal double bedroom with large en suite bathroom/wc, 3 further double bedrooms, bathroom/wc, cloaks storage cupboard and airing/metre cupboard.
Parking: the property has the rare advantage of 2 undercroft parking spaces in the form of an open double garage behind secure gated entrance. Visitor parking is also available, as is a permit for the local parking permit scheme.
A well-managed building with exquisite communal grounds, lift access and a resident caretaker.
Offered with no onward chain, this rare, family sized apartment is in a highly convenient location.
- An exceptionally large (over 1800 sq ft) purpose built apartment
- 4 double bedrooms (1 with en suite)
- 2 reception rooms
- Breath-taking views over the Downs
- Double garage in secure underground parking area
- Expansive communal gardens
- No onward chain
via communal hallway where there are lift and stairs access to the fifth floor where you will find the private entrance to the apartment.
a spacious entrance hallway with ceiling coving, door entry intercom system, recessed cloaks storage cupboard, double doors leading through into the lounge/dining room, further doors lead off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4, kitchen/breakfast room, bathroom/wc and a walk in airing/storage cupboard, housing the lagged hot water tank, built in shelving and fuse board for electrics.
LOUNGE/DINING ROOM: (20' 5'' max into dining recess x 19' 8'' (6.22m x 5.99m))
a lovely large lounge/dining room with ceiling coving, electric storage heater, built in storage cabinet with glass open display shelving over, cable tv point, inset spotlights, door accessing home office and part glazed double doors to rear with large glazed panels either side leading into the sun room.
SUN ROOM: (20' 1'' x 7' 11'' (6.12m x 2.41m))
dual aspect double glazed windows to rear and side with fabulous far reaching views over the communal grounds and Durdham Downs towards the trees in Abbots Leigh beyond, tiled floor.
HOME OFFICE: ((accessed off teh lounge/dining room) 10' 1'' x 7' 11'' (3.07m x 2.41m))
) ceiling coving, double glazed windows to rear overlooking Durdham Downs, recessed built in open shelving.
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (15' 9'' x 9' 5'' (4.80m x 2.87m))
a fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with roll edged laminated worktops over, inset 1½ bowl sink and drainer unit, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, dishwasher, cooker and fridge/freezer, overhanging breakfast bar, inset spotlights, tiled floor, part tiled walls and double glazed window to rear offering views over the Downs.
BEDROOM 1: (19' 11'' x 10' 9'' (6.07m x 3.27m))
a large principal double bedroom with ceiling coving, dual aspect double glazed windows to front and rear with the windows to front offering far reaching views over rooftops of the surrounding area and to the rear over Durdham Downs. Night storage heater and door accessing en suite bathroom/wc.
En Suite Bathroom/wc: (10' 0'' x 8' 7'' (3.05m x 2.61m))
a panelled bath, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, bidet, heated towel rail, double glazed window to front, ceiling coving and door accessing corner Airing Cupboard housing a lagged hot water tank.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 8'' x 9' 10'' (5.08m x 2.99m))
a double bedroom with double glazed window to rear, built in wardrobe with hanging rail and shelving and a night storage heater.
BEDROOM 3: ((front) 16' 8'' x 9' 9'' (5.08m x 2.97m))
a double bedroom, ceiling coving, built in wardrobe with hanging rail and open shelving, wall mounted panel heater and double glazed windows to front.
BEDROOM 4: ((rear) 16' 0'' x 10' 0'' (4.87m x 3.05m))
a double bedroom with double glazed windows to rear, night storage heater, ceiling coving and a useful recess.
BATHROOM/WC: (8' 5'' x 5' 10'' (2.56m x 1.78m))
a panelled bath with electric shower over, low level wc and pedestal wash basin.
there are extensive well-kept lawned communal gardens for the enjoyment of the residents of Durdham Court, Westmorland House and Wallcroft which span across the rear of the buildings.
VISITORS AND PERMIT PARKING:
as well as the garaging at the property there are several visitors parking spaces and the property also falls within the local parking permit zone and a permit would be available from Bristol City Council for a modest annual fee.
UNDERGROUND DOUBLE GARAGE:
the property has the extremely rare advantage of 2 underground parking spaces (in the form of an open double garage) accessed via the driveway in front of Durdham Court where there is a remote controlled electric grill accessing the undercroft garaging. The double garage is No. 23.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 January 1969. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the annual service charge is £7,964.14 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.