Clifton Down, Clifton
A very special first floor Georgian period apartment of circa 1,500 sq. ft. with views over Christ Church Cathedral and Clifton Down.
Set in an impressive Georgian Terrace dating from 1760 the apartment enjoys generous and well proportioned rooms, an abundance of character detail, high ceilings and large sash windows - all complimented by a beautifully presented interior.
A coveted location a few hundred yards walk over Clifton Down to the many boutique shops, bars, cafes and restaurants of Clifton Village.
On the doorstep of Clifton Down with pleasant and leafy walks leading to Durdham Downs and across Clifton Suspension Bridge into Leigh Woods.
Accommodation: impressive reception hall, 18ft x 18ft drawing room, 17ft x 13ft kitchen/dining room, 2 large double bedrooms - main bedroom with en-suite shower/wc - a 3rd bedroom/generous study and main bathroom.
A civilised and cultured apartment with a distinctly Parisian feel.
- Dating from c1760
- Georgian First floor Apartment
- c.1500 sq.ft.
- 3 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower room)
- Impressive reception hall
- 18ft x 18ft drawing room
- 17ft x 13ft kitchen/dining room
- View of Clifton Downs / Christ Church
- Character detail
- High ceilings & large sash windows
steps rise to communal entrance door and communal hallway to nos. 3, 4 and 5 Glendower House. The door on the first floor landing is the private entrance for this apartment.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (13' 3'' x 9' 9'') (4.04m x 2.97m)
impressive central hallway with doors opening to drawing room, bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bedroom 3 (doors to bedroom 3 can be opened to create a more impressive entrance hall/library or study area), kitchen/dining room and bathroom/wc.
storage cupboard with shelving and coat rack, underfloor heating controls for the bathroom and high level fuse box, entry phone system and radiator.
DRAWING ROOM: (18' 4'' x 18' 1'' into chimney recess) (5.58m x 5.51m)
a stunning room with 2 large sash windows to the front elevation with working shutters and window seats with storage beneath, fantastic views to Christ Church Cathedral and Christ Church Green, very high ceiling with ornate ceiling cornicing and original ceiling rose, picture rail, stripped wooden flooring, 2 radiators, feature working fireplace with marble surround, hearth and cast iron grate.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (17' 2'' x 13' 6'') (5.23m x 4.11m)
sociable kitchen with a large sash window to the rear elevation, high ceilings with ornate ceiling cornicing, period wooden fireplace with mantle, slate hearth and cast iron grate and surround, modern range of units comprising wall and base fitted units incorporating working surfaces, ceramic 1½ bowl sink unit and tiled splashbacks, integrated washing machine and dishwasher, 4 ring gas hob, electric double oven and filter hood above, wall mounted gas boiler discreetly located behind a tall kitchen unit, radiator, continuation of wooden flooring.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (16' 9'' x 15' 0'') (5.10m x 4.57m)
superb room with plenty of natural light from 2 large sash windows to both the side and the rear elevations complete with working shutters, high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, radiator and period style fitted wardrobe. Door to:
En Suite Wet Room/WC: (6' 1'' x 5' 2'') (1.85m x 1.57m)
underfloor heating, low level wc with concealed cistern, contemporary wall mounted wash hand basin, mains fed shower with shower screen, tiled floor and tiled walls, extractor fan, recessed spotlights and heated towel rail.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (18' 4'' x 10' 8'' into chimney recess) (5.58m x 3.25m)
stunning room with 2 large sash windows to the side and front elevation complete with working shutters, the front window has views overlooking Christ Church Cathedral and Christ Church Green, ornate ceiling cornicing, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (10' 7'' x 9' 8'') (3.22m x 2.94m)
accessed via 2 double doors which could be either opened out to produce a bright and even more impressive entrance hall or closed off to become bedroom 3/study/library. Large sash window to the side elevation complete with working shutters, high ceilings with ceiling cornicing and radiator, continuation of stripped floorboards.
BATHROOM/WC: (8' 6'' x 7' 7'') (2.59m x 2.31m)
tall sash window and further casement window to the rear elevation, high quality contemporary bathroom with wet room style main fed shower and shower screen, tiled floor with under floor heating and partially tiled walls, mounted wash basin, recessed spotlights, bath with hand held contemporary shower fitment and partially tiled surround and low level wc with concealed cistern.
located on the corner of Clifton Park Road and on the corner of the building there is a little white door next door to the No. 1 Glendower Mews plaque.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 15 September 1962. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that there is an internally run management company with no formal monthly service charge. Building insurance and maintenance costs are split by the residents of the building, with the first floor flat paying a 20% share. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
internally run by the residents.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.