0117 946 6690
- A classic and elegant mid Victorian period family town house
- 5 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite)
- Generous living space over 4 floors (circa 2,175 sq. ft)
- Offers flexibility, character and atmosphere
- Decent sized (approx. 38ft x 16ft) walled rear garden
- Front garden (37ft x 17ft) with sunken courtyard
- Off street parking for two vehicles
- NO CHAIN
A classic and elegant 5 bedroom, 3 reception mid Victorian period family town house (circa 2,175 sq. ft.) in a prime central and convenient location with a charming 38ft x 16ft walled rear garden and two off street parking spaces. NO CHAIN
Has all the attributes of an impressive and beautiful period family house. Generous living space over 4 floors offering flexibility, character and atmosphere. Good outside space including a lovely decent sized walled rear garden full of greenery with a south-westerly side aspect & a similar sized front garden with parking spaces and the house set well back.
Lots of natural light and an abundance of period features such as sash windows with working shutters, numerous handsome fireplaces, ornate ceilings and decorative plasterwork, handsome stone facade detailing, etc.
Favoured location: so much of Bristol seems just on the doorstep with easy walking to many city destinations, e.g. within 0.25 - 0.5 miles of the main BRI hospitals complex and University, Cotham Secondary School, Cotham Gardens Primary School and Cotham Gardens Park. Only a little further afield are found the city centre and waterfront areas, the Park Street and Triangle environs with nearby Brandon Hill Park whilst Whiteladies Road, Clifton Village and the Downs are all within easy reach.
Hall Floor: 'L' shaped reception hall, sitting room, day room/large study.
Lower Ground Floor: inner hallway, family room, separate wc/utility room, kitchen/dining room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing & wc, bedroom 3 with en-suite shower room, bedroom 4, bedroom 5.
Outside: off street parking for two vehicles (one small and one large), front garden (37ft x 17ft) with sunken courtyard at lower ground floor level, storage vaults, rear garden (approx. 38ft x 16'7) with south-westerly side aspect.
A much loved family house within the same ownership for over 25 years and a perfect opportunity, when the time is right, for new owners to put their own imprint on a lovely home with many sought after features and plenty of space.
via flagstoned and bordered front garden & parking area, main front door with fanlight.
'L' SHAPED RECEPTION HALL: (12' 0'' x 6' 8'' plus 14'0 x 3'6) (3.65m x 2.03m plus 4.27m x 1.07m)
ornate ceiling cornice, arch with twin corbels, dado rail, radiator, traditional staircase with handrail and balustrade rising to upper floors and descending to lower ground floor.
SITTING ROOM: (rear) (16' 2'' x 12' 10'' min) (4.92m x 3.91m)
ornate ceiling cornice, period fireplace, floor to ceiling bay & sash windows with working shutters & double 'wicket gate' doors and railings, exposed floorboards, column radiators, 'Butler's Pantry' (links through to the day room) with dresser & book/storage shelving.
DAY ROOM/LARGE STUDY: (front) (13' 8'' into bay x 12' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.16m x 3.68m)
ornate ceiling cornice and centre rose, triple sash windows in a wide bay with working shutters, period fireplace, exposed floorboards, column radiator, built-in bookshelves.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
INTERNALLY via staircase down from reception hall, EXTERNALLY via steps down from front garden into sunken courtyard and double doors into family room.
INNER HALLWAY: (overall inclusive of staircase & cupboard 12' 0'' x 6' 8'') (3.65m x 2.03m)
open plan to kitchen/dining room, flagstone floor, shelved pantry cupboard under stairs, radiator.
FAMILY ROOM: (front) (15' 10'' into chimney recess x 12' 8'' min excl. bay) (4.82m x 3.86m)
front bay with double doors opening out to sunken front courtyard, oak flooring, chimney breast with fireplace recess, range of built-in cupboards and shelves, radiator.
SEPARATE WC/UTILITY ROOM: (internal) (6' 4'' x 4' 4'') (1.93m x 1.32m)
white low level wc suite, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, adjacent work surface with recess and cupboard under.
STORAGE VAULT/BOILER ROOM: (5' 8'' x 5' 3'') (1.73m x 1.60m)
quarry tiled floor, Baxi gas boiler with timer and programmer.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (rear) (15' 10'' into chimney recess x 12' 10'' min excl. bay) (4.82m x 3.91m)
wide bay with floor level lighting and double glazed sliding double doors opening to rear garden, fixed double glazed 'porthole' window, gas fired twin oven Aga cooker set back into the chimney breast with shelves either side, Bulthaup kitchen work bench including sink and mixer tap, shallow depth draining and rinsing preparation sink with cold water spray head, Siemens 4 ring gas hob and drawer under. Storage cupboards and work surface with a recess under for appliances are built into the chimney recesses.
ceiling cornices, arch with corbels, staircase rising to top floor and descending to lower floors.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 2'' x 13' 1'' min excluding bay) (4.92m x 3.98m)
ornate ceiling cornice, wide bay with double glazed sash window, period fireplace, exposed floorboards, radiator, walk through wardrobe with hanging rails &, shelving linking through to bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (13' 1'' x 10' 4'' min into chimney recess) (3.98m x 3.15m)
ceiling cornice, sash window in shallow bay, stone fireplace, walk through wardrobe shared with bedroom 1, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (rear) (8' 4'' x 5' 0'' min/5'8 max) (2.54m x 1.52m/1.73m)
contemporary white suite with tiled surrounds and floor, bath with mixer tap and shower attachment over plus flexible spray hose and fixed drench rose with shower screen, hand basin with mixer tap and cabinet style drawers below, low level wc, double glazed window, contemporary heated towel rail/radiator.
LANDING & WC:
Velux double glazed opening skylight window casting natural light into the landing and stairwell, plumbing for washing machine. Separate WC: white suite in tiled surrounds, low level wc, hand basin, extractor fan.
BEDROOM 3 & EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM: (front) (16' 2'' into chimney recess x 13' 3'' min) (4.92m x 4.04m)
sash window in shallow bay, painted floorboards, radiator, Shower Room with white suite including hand basin with mixer tap, tiled shower enclosure & system fed shower unit with flexible hose spray head and fixed drench rose, light/extractor fan, contemporary heated towel rail/radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (13' 7'' excluding shallow bay x 9' 7'' into chimney recess) (4.14m x 2.92m)
sash window in shallow bay, period fireplace, radiator, bookshelves built into a chimney recess, walk-in storage closet/wardrobe (4'4 x 3'6 max) (1.32m x 1.07m) with shelved cupboard, hanging rail and ceiling hatch with fixed ladder accessing the roof space and a Velux double glazed opening skylight window giving external access out onto the roof.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) (10' 0'' min x 6' 11'') (3.05m x 2.11m)
sash window in shallow bay with city roof top vistas, radiator.
OFF STREET PARKING:
space for 2 vehicles of differing size on the flagstoned frontage area.
Front: (approx. 37' 0'' deep x 17' 0'' wide) (11.27m x 5.18m)
flagstoned hardstanding/courtyard parking area and pathways, side and inset planted flower and shrub borders, steps with railings down to sunken courtyard at lower ground floor level with French window into lower ground floor and access arch into an underground Storage Vault approx 26'0 deep x 5'10 wide (7.93m x 1.77m), gas meter, cold tap.
Rear: (approx. 38' 0'' deep x 16' 7'' wide) (11.57m x 5.05m)
stone boundary walls, series of flagstone patios/seating areas and planted borders throughout with an abundance of flowering plants, shrubs, bushes and specimen ornamental myrtle tree, cold water tap, external electric power points. A charming green oasis that is manageable and lovely.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.