0117 946 6690
- Semi detached Victorian period family home
- 5 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite)
- 3 reception rooms including a large thro' family room 23 x 12
- A few hundred meters to St Andrews Park and Gloucester Road
- Large and sunny south west facing rear garden (50ft x 30ft approx.)
- Two off street parking spaces
- 2056 sq ft
A most tasteful and refined 5 double bedroom, 3 reception late Victorian period semi-detached family house with parking for 2 cars and a level south-west facing rear garden measuring 50ft x 30ft.
Bright, roomy and well-balanced accommodation that enjoys an elegant, calm and civilised atmosphere.
The house is set in a highly favoured location in St Andrews, close to the Park and Gloucester Road yet away from busy roads and with the great benefit of a sunny garden.
Close to local primary schools of Dolphin, Sefton Park and Fairlawn - Secondary Schools of Colston Girls (300m) and Cotham (approx. 1km).
Ground Floor: reception hall, sitting room, study/reception 3, 23ft family room, kitchen, utility/wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, loft room/bedroom 5 with en suite shower/wc.
Outside: 50ft x 30ft south west facing rear garden and front garden with two off street parking spaces.
At the time of writing, the seller has found a suitable onward purchase and thus would welcome early interest.
Route to the property: travelling up Gloucester Road from the Arches and Zetland Road traffic lights continue past The Promenade through the shops until you reach the cross roads with Berkeley Road and Sommerville Road. Turn right into Sommerville Road and take the third right hand turning into Effingham Road after passing North Road and Belmont Road on your right. Continue along Effingham Road and after passing St Andrews Park turn into Chesterfield Road fourth on the left where you will find the subject property a short way along on your right hand side.
from the pavement find pathway which leads through the front garden to the solid wooden front door on the side elevation which opens into:-
RECEPTION HALL: (20' 8'' x 6' 5'' incl. of stairwell & to front of cupboard) (6.29m x 1.95m)
doors lead off to sitting room, study/reception 3 and family room, ceiling coving, cornicing, ceiling rose, painted staircase with stripped handrail rising to the first floor, radiator with cover, meter cupboard housing the electricity meter and consumer unit, large original front door with overlight and window to the side, useful understairs storage cupboard, stripped wood flooring..
SITTING ROOM: (front) (15' 2'' into bay x 13' 8'' into chimney recess) (4.62m x 4.16m)
a lovely comfortable and cosy sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose, picture rail, large bay window to the front elevation comprising three sash windows, handsome period fireplace with inset coal effect gas fire, wooden surround and mantle and slate hearth, radiator, continuation of stripped wooden flooring.
STUDY/RECEPTION 3: (front) (12' 1'' x 9' 6'' into chimney recess) (3.68m x 2.89m)
high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, ceiling rose, large sash window to the front elevation, continuation of stripped wood flooring, radiator, built-in dresser style storage to either side of the chimney breast.
FAMILY ROOM: (23' 1'' into chimney recess x 11' 5'' min/12'4 max) (7.03m x 3.48m/3.76m)
a spacious and sumptuous family room, really bright with three large sash windows to the rear elevation all overlooking the south west facing rear garden, ceiling cornicing, ceiling roses, recessed fireplace housing a large wood burning stove and slate hearth, two radiators (one with a cover), continuation of stripped wooden flooring, picture rail, fitted storage, floating shelves to either side of the chimney breast.
KITCHEN: (13' 9'' x 6' 11'') (4.19m x 2.11m)
a stylishly simple fitted kitchen with a range of wooden hand-built units incorporating solid wooden work surface, space for large range cooker with stainless steel splashback and filter hood above, sink area with granite working surface, space and plumbing for dishwasher, space for tall fridge/freezer, recessed spotlights, casement window and partially glazed door to the side elevation opening directly out onto the rear garden.
UTILITY/DOWNSTAIRS WC: (7' 1'' x 4' 11'') (2.16m x 1.50m)
overall measurement, but described separately as follows:-
working surface, space and plumbing for automatic washing machine and freezer, wall mounted gas boiler, opaque casement window to side elevation, opening into:-
low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin, casement window to rear elevation, access to loft for the single storey extension.
LANDING: (14' 1'' x 5' 8'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (4.29m x 1.73m)
doors opening to the four bedrooms on this floor and bathroom, stairs rise to the top floor landing.
BEDROOM 1: (front) 14' 0'' into chimney recess x 12' 2'') (4.26m x 3.71m)
two large sash windows to the front elevation, period fireplace with very nice blue tiles and wooden surround and mantel, radiator, picture rail, ceiling cornice, ceiling rose.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (13' 3'' into chimney recess x 11' 10'') (4.04m x 3.60m)
large sash window to rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, ceiling cornice and ceiling rose, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (12' 9'' x 10' 9'' to rear of built-in wardrobes) (3.88m x 3.27m)
large sash window to rear elevation, two fitted wardrobes with storage to either side of the chimney breast, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (12' 2'' x 9' 9'' into chimney recess) (3.71m x 2.97m)
large sash window to front elevation, picture rail, fitted wardrobe, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: (9' 8'' x 6' 2'') (2.94m x 1.88m)
lovely simple and elegant bathroom with a white suite comprising low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin set on a floating shelf with drawers underneath, bath with tiled surround and walls, mains fed shower and shower screen, extractor fan, opaque sash window to the side elevation, recessed spotlights, tiled flooring, heated towel rail.
double glazed Velux ceiling skylight provides plenty of light to the stairwell and door provides access to bedroom 5.
LOFT ROOM/BEDROOM 5: (18' 1'' max x 11' 10'' min to front of en-suite/19'6 max) (5.51m x 3.60m/5.94m)
(18'1 measurement is measured into wall below sloping ceilings at approx. 3'6/1.07m min height above floor level) three double glazed Velux ceiling skylights set into the remainder of the loft space, radiator, access to eaves, handy built in wardrobe, door to:-
white suite comprising low level wc, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled shower cubicle with electric shower, extractor fan, Velux double glazed skylight, heated towel rail.
block paved driveway providing off street parking for two vehicles, raised sleeper border.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 50' 0'' in length x 30' 0'' in width) (15.23m x 9.14m)
south west facing rear garden with generous level patio immediately outside the kitchen with a very slight step up into a large lawned area, raised beds, garden shed, well planted to provide privacy from surrounding houses.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.