0117 946 6690
- A most civilised, inviting and spacious Victorian family home
- 5 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite) and 3 reception rooms
- within 500m of Redland Green School
- Superb 78ft x 28ft rear garden
- Fabulous sociable open kitchen and family room
- Large attic storage space offering further potential
- Off road parking
A most civilised, inviting and spacious 5 double bedroom (1 with en-suite), 3 reception room, Victorian family home enjoying a fabulous 78ft x 28ft rear garden and off road parking.
Wonderful location for families within just 500m of Redland Green School and situated on one of Bishopston's most sought after roads, within easy reach of the shops, restaurants, cafes and bus connections of Gloucester Road.
Sympathetically improved by the current owners over the last 13 years, including re-wiring, re-plumbing, double glazed sash windows and a single storey kitchen extension.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule leads through into a central hallway, bay fronted sitting room, reception 2/dining room, fabulous sociable open kitchen and family room with wall opening through to extended garden room with doors connecting onto the rear garden and adjoining utility/larder spaces. Ground floor cloakroom/wc.
First Floor: landing, principal double bedroom with en-suite shower room, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 (off lower mezzanine landing) and large family bath/shower room/wc.
Second Floor: split landing, door off to bedroom 5 and further door accessing large attic storage space with scope for conversion (subject to necessary consents).
An engaging and much loved period home in a superb location for families.
via garden gate and brick paved pathway leading beside an attractive front garden and driveway, the pathway continues up the left hand side of the property to a covered entrance and main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (8' 6'' x 5' 0'') (2.59m x 1.52m)
glazed rooflight panels providing plenty of natural light through into the entrance vestibule, original tessellated tiled floor, high level gas meter, door providing handy access straight through to the rear garden, part glazed door with glazed panels to side and over leading through into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (20' 11'' x 6' 9'' inclusive of staircase) (6.37m x 2.06m)
a wide welcoming central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose, exposed painted floorboards, period style radiator, understairs storage cupboard and cloaks recess, thermostat control for central heating, doors leading off to sitting room, kitchen, dining room/reception 2 and family room/reception 3. A further door accesses a cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (18' 3'' into bay x 14' 5'' into chimney recess) (5.56m x 4.39m)
a wonderful bay fronted reception room with high ceilings, original ceiling cornicing, centre rose and picture rail, wide bay to front comprising double glazed sash windows. Attractive period cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, original surround and mantle, painted floorboards, two contemporary upright radiators, cable tv point.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (front) (15' 7'' x 9' 11'') (4.75m x 3.02m)
currently used as a dining room, but could be used as a child's playroom or home office; with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, exposed painted floorboards, radiator, cable tv point and two double glazed sash windows to front.
FAMILY ROOM/RECEPTION 3: (rear) (17' 6'' x 14' 5'') (5.33m x 4.39m)
a family sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, centre rose and picture rail, period cast iron fireplace with open fire, inset tiles and slate hearth, wide bay to rear with four double glazed sash windows offering a lovely green outlook over the rear garden, two contemporary upright radiators and wide wall opening through to sociable connection between the living space and the kitchen.
KITCHEN: (14' 11'' x 10' 5'') (4.54m x 3.17m)
a handbuilt kitchen comprising base level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over and inset Belfast style sink, chimney recess with built-in extractor fan and space for range cooker beneath, plumbing and appliance space for fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Door accessing recessed pantry. Tiled floor, double glazed window to rear, radiator. Wall opening connecting the kitchen and family room through to:-
GARDEN ROOM: (13' 3'' x 10' 11'') (4.04m x 3.32m)
extended in 2019, this lovely bright single storey extension is currently used as a dining room off the kitchen and has sliding double glazed doors providing seamless access out onto the garden. Three Velux skylight windows flood this space with natural light and there are inset spotlights, underfloor heating and door leading through to:-
UTILITY ROOM: (10' 8'' x 6' 4'') (3.25m x 1.93m)
a practical utility area with built-in base level cupboards with roll edged worktops and 1 ½ bowl stainless steel sink and drainer unit over, plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, corner built-in cupboard housing the Worcester Greenstar floor standing boiler, full height storage cupboards, tiled flooring, radiator. Door through to:-
LARDER: (6' 8'' x 6' 7'') (2.03m x 2.01m)
a useful storage space with built-in cupboards and worktops, tiled flooring, coat hooks and Velux skylight window.
(accessed off the main hallway) low level wc, corner wash basin with tiled splashbacks, tiled floor, extractor fan.
a spacious central landing with staircase continuing up to the second floor and doors radiating off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 (off lower mezzanine landing) and family bathroom.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (14' 10'' x 14' 2'' max into built-in wardrobes) (4.52m x 4.31m)
high ceilings, exposed painted floorboards, two built-in wardrobes which extend into the chimney recesses, radiator, door accessing:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (9' 6'' x 2' 10'') (2.89m x 0.86m)
white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc, wall mounted wash basin, tiled walls and floor, chrome effect heated towel rail, inset spotlights and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (13' 11'' into chimney recess x 13' 6'') (4.24m x 4.11m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings and picture rail, cast iron fireplace, radiator, two double glazed sash windows to rear offering a wonderful open and leafy outlook over rear and neighbouring gardens.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (15' 0'' x 10' 0'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.05m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings and picture rail, exposed painted floorboards, radiator, telephone point and two large double glazed sash windows to front.
BEDROOM 4: (15' 0'' x 10' 6'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.20m)
off lower mezzanine landing; a double bedroom with an original cast iron fireplace, double glazed sash window to rear, exposed painted floorboards and radiator.
FAMILY BATH/SHOWER ROOM/WC: (9' 8'' x 8' 3'') (2.94m x 2.51m)
a larger than average family bathroom with a double ended panelled bath with wall mounted mixer taps, two sinks set into a counter with hand built storage cabinets beneath, open shelving to side and built-in mirrors with lighting over, oversized corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, chrome effect heated towel rail, inset spotlights, extractor fan, part tiled walls, oak shelf beside bath, tiled floor with underfloor heating, two single glazed sash windows to side.
split landing with door off to bedroom 5 to the rear and further door accessing a large attic storage space with further potential for conversion into additional accommodation, if one required.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) (15' 1'' x 10' 6'' into chimney recess) (4.59m x 3.20m)
a double bedroom with exposed painted floorboards, radiator, double glazed sash window to rear offering a superb open view over rear and neighbouring gardens.
there is a large boarded attic space providing ample storage and further exciting potential.
OFF STREET PARKING:
there is a driveway to the front of the property providing off street parking for one car.
the front garden is landscaped with various flower borders containing shrubs and trees, landscaped mainly to stone chippings with a block paved pathway leading up to the main front door and timber recycling storage area.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 78' 0'' x 28' 0'') (23.76m x 8.53m)
a tastefully landscaped rear garden with well stocked flower borders and a level lawned section with attractive brick boundary wall and deep sectioned flower borders, built-in covered seating area. Stepping stones leading through the lawn to the top of the garden where there is a useful screened space for a greenhouse, shed and composting area. Closer to the property there is a further paved seating area, inset outdoor lighting, outdoor tap and power point. Garden gate provides a handy access through to the entrance vestibule, which in turn connects through to the front of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.