0117 946 6690
- Large Victorian family house
- 5 double bedrooms (en-suite to master)
- Beautifully presented
- Many period features
- Parking for 2 cars
- 50ft lawned rear garden
- Superb kitchen dining room
- 2 further receptions
- Circa 3000 sq. ft. (inc. cellars)
- 400m to Redland Green School
A handsome and sizeable late Victorian period semi-detached family home with 5 double bedrooms (en-suite to master), 2 receptions plus a superb kitchen/dining space, driveway parking for 2 cars, very useful cellar rooms and a generous 50ft lawned rear garden.
The accommodation is both beautifully presented and full of character - classically proportioned with high ceilings and large sash windows which all combine to create both a charming and very practical family home.
Set in a prime location with a number of schools close by, most notably Redland Green School which is circa 300 metres away - others include Primary Schools of Cotham Gardens, Dolphin, St Peter & Paul RC, St Johns (Lower Redland Road) and secondary schools of Cotham and Bristol Grammar School & Colstons Girls (both independent).
Enjoys a very central and convenient location close to Zetland Road/Gloucester Road with an interesting range of independent shops, bars and restaurants - Medical and Academic districts and handy for the city centre/Harbourside, Clifton/Whiteladies Road and the Durdham Downs. Much of the best that Bristol offers all within easy reach.
Ground Floor: large entrance porch, reception hall, kitchen/dining room, study and living room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bedroom 4 and family bathroom/wc.
Outside: front garden providing off street parking for 2 cars and a well kept 50ft x 30ft rear garden.
A particularly fine example of a Redland family home with some valuable extras.
from the pavement follow the pathway through the front garden up to the wooden front door which opens into:-
ENTRANCE PORCH: (7' 10'' x 7' 2'') (2.39m x 2.18m)
partially glazed skylight, ceiling cornicing, door leading through to the rear garden, terracotta tiled flooring, a very lovely range of stained glass and door leading through to:-
RECEPTION HALL: (21' 6'' x 8' 0'' overall inclusive of staircase & butler's pantry) (6.55m x 2.44m)
large entrance hall with impressive characterful staircase rising to the first floor with painted balustrade and stripped and stained wooden handrail, dado rail, radiator with ornamental radiator cover, attractive Butler's Pantry at the rear of the hall with drawers, storage and open shelving. Partially glazed door leading into the dining area, ceiling cornicing, exposed sealed and stained wooden flooring.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (18' 7'' into box bay x 13' 11'' into chimney recess) (5.66m x 4.24m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, picture rail, 6 sash box bay window to front elevation with pretty stained glass overlight and secondary glazing. Period style fireplace with wooden surround and iron insert with tiled reveals and slate hearth and gas flame effect fire. Radiator.
a quite stunning kitchen/dining space, measured and described separately as follows:-
Kitchen: (18' 1'' x 14' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.51m x 4.26m)
a contemporary and stylish range of wall and base units incorporating a working surface and large kitchen island incorporating a breakfast bar and 1 1/2 bowl sink unit with mixer tap, 6 ring induction hob, Siemens double electric oven, integrated fridge/freezer, large sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, lovely high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornicing and ceiling rose. Continuation of wooden flooring, large opening with cleverly designed oak and glass balustrade and steps opening into:-
Dining Area: (15' 0'' x 9' 11'') (4.57m x 3.02m)
wooden double glazed bi-folding doors opening out onto the rear decking and in turn the garden, continuation of wooden flooring, recessed fireplace providing storage, door leading back to the butler's pantry and door leading to the lower ground floor cellar storage rooms.
LARGE STUDY: (front) (15' 0'' x 9' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.02m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, picture rail, dado rail, sash window to front elevation with stained glass overlight and secondary glazing set in shallow bay, radiator.
LANDING: (16' 1'' x 7' 10'' overall inclusive of staircase) (4.90m x 2.39m)
doors radiate to all rooms on this floor (including large shelved linen and storage cupboards) and staircase descends to lower mezzanine half landing (and door to bedroom 4) and also rises from the first floor landing to upper mezzanine landing (and door to bedroom 5) and to large walk in useful storage cupboard).
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (measurements inclusive of en suite 18' 0'' x 14' 0'') (5.48m x 4.26m)
ceiling cornice and centre rose, 2 sash windows to rear elevation with secondary glazing overlooking the rear garden, radiator, door to:-
En Suite Shower Room/WC:
very contemporary and recently refurbished en-suite with very large shower cubicle, overhead shower and handheld shower fitments, tiled walls, tiled floor, low level wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash hand basin, heated towel rail, recessed spotlights, extractor fan, light tube providing natural light.
BEDROOM 2: (front) (18' 7'' into box bay x 12' 2'' into chimney recess) (5.66m x 3.71m)
a lovely large room with high ceilings, ceiling cornice and centre rose, box bay to the front elevation comprising six sash windows, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (14' 11'' x 11' 11'' into chimney recess) (4.54m x 3.63m)
sash window to front elevation, ornate ceiling cornicing, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (15' 0'' x 10' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.07m)
Located at lower mezzanine level; sash window to rear elevation, radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) (15' 0'' x 10' 2'' into chimney recess) (4.57m x 3.10m)
Located at upper mezzanine level; double glazed window to rear elevation, fitted wardrobe
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (8' 0'' x 5' 6'' min) (2.44m x 1.68m)
a very stylish and charming bathroom with a distinct period feel, large double ended roll edged claw foot bath with Victorian style handheld shower fitment and mixer tap, low level wc, period style Burlington wash hand basin with mixer taps, large shower cubicle with overhead Burlington shower and handheld shower fitment, partially tiled walls, heated towel rail, tiled floor, partially tongue and grooved panels, opaque sash windows to the side elevation.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
from the back of the kitchen steps descend to:-
INNER HALL: (14' 11'' x 7' 6'' including steps, ceiling height 6'2/1.88m) (4.54m x 2.28m)
doors off to:-
CELLAR ROOM NO. 1: (front) (18' 1'' x 13' 9'', ceiling height 5'8/1.73m) (5.51m x 4.19m)
window to front elevation, gas meter.
CELLAR ROOM NO. 2/UTILITY/WC: (rear) (17' 9'' x 13' 7'', ceiling height 6'1/1.85m) (5.41m x 4.14m)
kitchen storage unit and further unit with stainless steel sink with drainer, plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer, gas boiler with large hot water tank and pressurised hot water system, window to side and rear elevation and doors lead off to wc and also door which provides access directly onto the rear garden.
low level wc, small window to rear elevation.
CELLAR ROOM NO. 3: (front) (14' 11'' x 9' 7'', ceiling height 5'9/1.75m) (4.54m x 2.92m)
electricity meter and fuse boards.
Front: (27' 0'' x 22' 0'') (8.22m x 6.70m)
2 parking spaces within the front garden with high level hedges and further bay bush and low brick boundary walls and iron gate opens onto pathway which leads through the front garden to the front door.
Rear: (50' 0'' x 30' 0'') (15.23m x 9.14m)
mainly laid to lawn with shrub borders, raised decking area immediately outside the dining room and then with steps leading into the garden. Side access via the entrance porch.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.