0117 946 6690
- An elegant and well proportioned Victorian town house
- 4 double bedrooms AND a 1 bedroom self contained garden flat
- 15'11 x 12'2 sitting room
- 15'11 x 13'11 kitchen/dining room
- Lovely atmosphere with many period features
- Front garden with driveway parking for one vehicle
- Southerly facing enclosed rear garden
- An outstanding period residence
An elegant and well-proportioned Victorian town house comprising 4 double bedrooms AND a self contained 1 bedroom garden apartment on a much sought after road with off street parking and a sunny southerly facing fully enclosed rear garden. (Potential to reconfigure and incorporate the flat with the main house if so required), conveniently located close to the many amenities of Cotham Hill, Chandos Road and Whiteladies Road.
An attractive and spacious Victorian property set within a conservation area, which safeguards the charm and character of both the houses and the gardens.
Coveted location - a popular quiet road in a friendly neighbourhood within 0.25 miles of Whiteladies Road, handy for the Downs, Redland Green park nearby and with easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, lively Gloucester Road, Bristol University, numerous private and state schools, main hospitals, BBC plus Cotham Gardens. Redland and Clifton Down local train stations nearby.
Built in 1867 the house has a lovely atmosphere with many period features including fireplaces, ornate ceiling plasterwork, multi-paned sash windows, etc., sunny fully enclosed southerly facing rear garden.
Offering generous well-proportioned living accommodation within the main house with a one bedroom self-contained garden flat providing the potential for an income or accommodation for a relative. Easily incorporated back within the main house if so required. Courtesy of its proximity to so many employers and amenities the apartment would deliver a healthy monthly income.
Hall Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bathroom/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 3, bedroom 4.
Lower Ground Floor (Flat): sitting room, inner hall, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom/wc with utility area.
Outside: front garden with driveway parking for one vehicle, southerly facing enclosed rear garden with garden shed.
An outstanding period residence offering gracious and well laid out accommodation with so much to appreciate and savour - character, atmosphere, lots of light and space, location, facilities.
from the street and crossing the drive to steps that rise to the main front door.
entered via a timber door with double glazed overlight, radiator, ceiling cornice, electric mains switchboard, gas meter cupboard, cupboard housing two new Worcester central heating boilers, feature arch with corbels and glazed overlight, part glazed pine timber door leading to:-
doors leading to sitting room and kitchen/diner, radiator. Stairs rising to the first floor, security phone entry system.
SITTING ROOM: (15' 11'' x 12' 2'' min) (4.85m x 3.71m)
bay window to front elevation, period fireplace with cast iron & tiled insert and tiled hearth with open grate, ceiling cornice and centre rose, door leading to shelved cupboard linking through to kitchen/dining room, radiator.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (15' 11'' x 13' 11'') (4.85m x 4.24m)
sash window to rear elevation complete with working shutters overlooking the rear garden, two radiators, period fireplace with cast iron & tiled insert with tiled hearth and open grate, stripped timber floor, pine finish kitchen comprising wall and base units with an inset 4 ring gas hob with overhead extractor hood and under oven, tiled splashback, 1 ½ bowl sink unit complete with mixer tap, plumbing for automatic washing machine, ceiling cornice and centre rose, door leading to shelved pantry cupboard linking through to sitting room.
doors leading to bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and bathroom/wc, stairs rising second floor, central heating thermostat, security phone entry system.
BEDROOM 1: (16' 2'' x 12' 3'' min excluding bay) (4.92m x 3.73m)
bay window to front elevation, pine surround period style fireplace with cast iron and tiled insert with open grate and slate hearth, picture rail, radiator. Door leading to a shelved cupboard linking through to bedroom 2.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 3'' x 13' 11'') (4.95m x 4.24m)
sash window to the rear elevation, radiator, ceiling uplighters, ceiling cornice, door leading to a shelved cupboard linking through to bedroom 1.
bath with overhead shower and shower screen, wash hand basin with tiled splashback, wc, wall lights, window to front elevation.
window to side elevation, access to loft space, radiator, doors leading to:-
BEDROOM 3: (16' 2'' x 12' 4'') (4.92m x 3.76m)
sash window to front elevation, radiator, door leading to Walk-In Cupboard which connects through to bedroom 5 and has a double glazed Velux window.
BEDROOM 4: (16' 2'' x 14' 1'') (4.92m x 4.29m)
sash window to rear elevation, two radiators. Door leading to Walk-In Cupboard which connects through to bedroom 4 and has a double glazed Velux window.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR FLAT
SITTING ROOM: (15' 9'' x 13' 9'') (4.80m x 4.19m)
ceiling cornice, radiator, two windows to rear elevation, French doors leading to the rear garden with glazed overlights, window to side, brick finished fireplace with tiled hearth, shelving to both alcoves, door leading to:-
with doors leading to bedroom, bathroom and kitchen.
KITCHEN: (11' 3'' x 6' 1'') (3.43m x 1.85m)
fitted with kitchen wall and base units, inset single drainer stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, electric supply for cooker, space for fridge/freezer, radiator, tiled floor, extractor fan, serving hatch opening to sitting room.
BEDROOM: (15' 10'' x 12' 1'') (4.82m x 3.68m)
a double bedroom with window to front complete with shutters, radiator.
white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and overhead shower, shower screen, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap, low level wc, extractor fan, radiator, louvre fronted double doors leading to:-
housing plumbing for automatic washing machine, ceramic tiled floor.
a pretty front garden laid to lawn and with well stocked borders enclosed by a low brick and stone built wall, driveway providing parking for one vehicle, steps rising to the main entrance.
laid to lawn and well stocked with mature trees, flowers and shrubs, enclosed by boundary wall and fencing, garden shed.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements. 2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.