Burghley Road, St Andrews
A handsome large 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom Victorian semi-detached family home situated on the sunny-side of a sought-after road in St Andrews. Further benefitting from a large social L-shaped kitchen/dining room, a sunny rear garden and a good sized side garden with the rare advantage of a detached garage. Garaging and side garden plot offers further exciting potential to landscape to one's requirements and extend, build a garden office etc (subject to necessary consents). Double-glazed timber-framed sash windows to front and many original features throughout the house, including stained glass windows and decorative ceiling cornicing. Situated on a popular, peaceful and neighbourly side street close to St Andrews Park and within a short stroll of the independent shops, cafes and restaurants of Gloucester Road. Bus connections and local Montpelier train station are also nearby as is access to all central areas. Ground Floor: entrance vestibule flows through into a welcoming entrance hallway, wonderful bay-fronted sitting room, large sociable (22ft x 22ft) L-shaped kitchen/dining/living room flowing out to the rear garden, cloakroom/wc, walk-in pantry cupboard. First Floor: spacious central landing, 3 bedrooms and a large family bathroom/wc. Second Floor: landing, 2 further double bedrooms and a bathroom/wc. A welcoming and well-located period family home with sunny gardens and the rear benefit of a garage.
- A handsome large Victorian semi-detached family home
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Wonderful bay-fronted sitting room
- Large sociable L-shaped kitchen/dining/living room
- Garaging and side garden plot offers further exciting potential
- Double-glazed timber-framed sash windows
- Many original features throughout the house
- Sunny rear garden
- A welcoming and well-located period home
via original garden gate and pathway leading through the front garden to the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (7' 7'' x 5' 0'') (2.31m x 1.52m)
high ceilings with original ceiling cornicing, coat hooks, shelving and built-in storage cupboards, original tiled floor and lovely stained-glass door with original stained-glass panels beside and overhead into the main:
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: (13' 4'' x 7' 7'' inclusive of staircase) (4.06m x 2.31m)
a welcoming entrance hallway with high ceilings, original ceiling coving and picture rail, exposed stripped floorboards with a door entry mat, radiator and doors leading off to the sitting room, kitchen/dining/family room, cloakroom/wc and walk-in larder/store.
SITTING ROOM: (front) (17' 0'' into bay x 14' 1'' into chimney recess) (5.18m x 4.29m)
an elegant sitting room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, picture rail and central ceiling rose, wide bay to front comprises double-glazed timber-framed sash windows, beautiful original open fireplace with impressive white marble surround and mantle with built in open book shelving and storage cabinets to chimney recesses. Radiator and tv point.
KITCHEN/DINING/LIVING ROOM: (22' 2'' x 14' 5'' min/22'2 max in dining area) (6.75m x 4.39m/6.75m)
a large sociable L-shaped kitchen/ dining/living space with plenty of natural light provided by the 2 large sash windows to rear and further windows and Velux in dining area. High ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, wood burning stove with oak mantle, exposed stripped floorboards and wide wall opening connecting through to the kitchen.
ample space for family dining table with built-in bench seat, Velux skylight window and dual aspect windows to rear and side with part-glazed door to side accessing the rear garden.
a modern fitted kitchen comprising base and eye-level matt white cupboards and drawers with Corian worktop over and inset double sink and drainer unit. Integrated appliances including a double Bosch oven with 4 ring gas hob and extractor fan over, dishwasher and tall larder fridge. Window to side and wide wall opening leading through into the dining area.
PANTRY: (approx. 8' 6'' x 3' 5'') (2.59m x 1.04m)
an incredibly useful pantry/storage space with built-in shelving, space for tall fridge/freezer and other storage.
low level wc, small wall-mounted wash basin, window to side and exposed stripped floorboards.
an incredibly spacious central landing with staircase rising up to the second floor landing and low level door accessing understairs storage space, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, a radiator, an impressive original stained-glass sash window with secondary glazing outside, flooding the landing and stairwell with natural light. Doors lead off the first floor landing to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/shower/wc.
BEDROOM 1: (front) (17' 1'' into bay x 12' 8'' into chimney recess) (5.20m x 3.86m)
a large double bedroom with wide bay to front comprising double-glazed timber-framed sash windows, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, original cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, wood surround and mantle and a radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (12' 9'' into chimney recess x 12' 2'') (3.88m x 3.71m)
a good sized double bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, built-in wardrobe and a radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (10' 5'' x 9' 7'' into chimney recess) (3.17m x 2.92m)
high ceilings, ceiling coving, 2 double-glazed sash windows to front, an original fireplace and a radiator.
FAMILY BATHROOM & UTILITY: (14' 6'' x 9' 4'' max) (4.42m x 2.84m)
a well-proportioned family bathroom with a white suite comprising a panelled extra-long bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, separate shower enclosure with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin. Low level cupboards conceal plumbing and appliance space for washing machine and dryer and further airing cupboard with built-in slatted shelving houses the gas boiler and water tank. Exposed stripped floorboards, dual aspect sash windows to rear and side and 2 radiators.
a Velux skylight window providing natural light through the landing and stairwell, a small loft access hatch and doors leading off to bedroom 4, bedroom 5 and a further bathroom/wc.
BEDROOM 4: (17' 4'' x 11' 7'' into chimney recess) (5.28m x 3.53m)
a double bedroom with double-glazed windows to rear, a radiator and a useful recessed storage area.
BEDROOM 5: (17' 4'' max into recess x 9' 2'' taken below sloped ceilings) (5.28m x 2.79m)
Velux skylight windows to front and side, a radiator and low level doors accessing eaves roof storage space, further high level door accesses a storage cupboard.
BATHROOM/WC: (8' 8'' x 6' 7'' max taken below sloped ceilings) (2.64m x 2.01m)
a useful second bathroom for the top floor bedrooms with a white suite comprising a panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, Velux skylight window to side and a radiator.
there is a pretty front garden with Victorian tiled pathway leading up to the front door and Victorian boundary wall. To the left of the pathway there is a dropped kerb accessing the garage.
REAR & SIDE GARDENS:
there are useful sunny garden sections to both the rear and side of the property described as follows:
Rear Garden: (approx. 45' 0'' max x 25' 0'' narrowing to a point) (13.71m x 7.61m)
a level south facing lawned garden framed with Victorian brick boundary walls with trellising over, generous paved seating area closest to the kitchen/dining space which leads round to a pathway accessing the side garden, built-in pizza oven.
Side Garden: (approx. 50' 0'' in length x 25' 0'' max narrowing to a point) (15.23m x 7.61m)
(inclusive of garage) a generous wedge shaped level side garden plot providing ample additional garden space, gated access to the front, rear access into the garage and an outbuilding/garden store. This side garden offers great potential to be landscaped to suit one’s requirements and offers further untapped potential to expand the garage, create a home office and potentially more (subject to any necessary consents).
GARAGE: (17' 9'' x 10' 3'' with door opening width of 8'0/2.44m) (5.41m x 3.12m)
a detached single garage with pitched roof, window to side and door to rear accessing the side section of garden. The garage is a large single garage and is in need of general updating but offers further potential.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 1000 year lease which commenced on 29 September 1871. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.