Stoke Hill, Stoke Bishop
An individual, stylish and very large 4 double bedroom 1930's period semi-detached family house with a superb kitchen/family space and lawned gardens.
The house offers an abundance of space in excess of 1,800 sq. ft. and has been lovingly updated and styled to provide a beautiful family home of great charm and character alongside practical modern essentials of office space and utility/wc.
Ground Floor: spacious central entrance hallway with useful understairs storage cupboard, bay fronted sitting room with pretty fireplace and glazed doors opening into the kitchen, large sociable kitchen/dining space (32ft max width) with bi-folding doors accessing the rear garden, utility room, cloakroom/wc and office space.
First Floor: large light filled landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 with balcony and staircase up to mezzanine area, family bathroom/shower/wc.
Second Floor: landing, bedroom 4 with adjoining bathroom/wc.
Double glazed windows.
Lawned garden sections wrap around the rear and side of the property as well as a decked terrace to the front of the house providing a welcome seating area to enjoy the last of the summer sunshine.
- 1930s period semi-detached family house
- An abundance of space circa 1,900 sq.ft.
- Modern and stylish interior
- 4 double bedrooms
- 2 bath / shower rooms
- Bay fronted sitting room
- Large kitchen family area
- Utility and W/C
- Lawned gardens and decked terrace
via steps leading up from pavement level where there is a garden gate accessing front and side gardens to the property where a landscaped reclaimed brick pathway meanders up to a covered entrance and main front door to the property.
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: ((15' 1'' x 6' 11'' overall incl. of stairwell) (4.59m x 2.11m))
a welcoming central entrance hallway with period staircase rising to first floor landing, useful understairs storage cupboard, radiator, exposed stripped period doors leading off to the sitting room, kitchen/dining room and utility room.
SITTING ROOM: ((front) (16' 8'' into bay x 12' 10'' into chimney recess) (5.08m x 3.91m))
wide bay to front comprising hardwood double glazed windows, ceiling coving, attractive cast iron fireplace with inset tiles, wood surround and mantle, dresser style storage and open bookshelves to either side of the fireplace. Glazed doors opening into the kitchen.
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: ((overall max measurements 32' 7'' into recess x 11' 8'') (9.92m x 3.55m))
but measured and described separately as follows:-
Kitchen: ((12' 5'' x 11' 5'' into chimney recess) (3.78m x 3.48m))
stunning kitchen fitted with wall and base units and a large island with stone working surfaces. The kitchen island has a deep Belfast style ceramic sink and detachable mixer tap, 4 ring Bosh electric hob and Bosch oven/grill underneath. Integrated fridge/freezer. Glazed door opening into the sitting room and double glazed wooden bi-fold doors to the rear elevation opening onto the decking. Exposed brick chimney breast with log burner. Engineered oak wooden flooring.
Dining Area: ((12' 1'' x 8' 3'') (3.68m x 2.51m))
window to rear elevation, continuation of engineered oak flooring, further kitchen base units with butcher’s block working surface and natural wood bookshelves above, space for table and chairs with 3 hanging lights above.
Snug: ((12' 3'' x 6' 9'') (3.73m x 2.06m))
wooden double glazed doors to rear elevation, tiled floor.
UTILITY: ((11' 4'' x 6' 4'' overall incl. of wc) (3.45m x 1.93m))
base units with butcher’s block wooden working surfaces. Large ceramic sink unit and mixer tap with detachable hose. Space and plumbing for automatic washing machine. Tiled splashbacks. Tiled floor, recessed spotlights.
low level wc, wooden table with drawer and ceramic mounted wash hand basin, tiled splashbacks, tiled floor, wooden double glazed window to side elevation, recessed spotlights.
OFFICE: ((11' 4'' x 7' 9'') (3.45m x 2.36m))
large wooden double glazed windows to front elevation, tiled floor, stone fireplace.
a wonderful light filled spacious landing (formerly a landing and small single bedroom) giving the property a real sense of space and providing a useful study/reading area, attractive bay window to front, further natural light provided by the Velux skylight window above the staircase which rises to the second floor landing. Doors lead off the first floor landing to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom/shower/wc. There is potential (subject to necessary consents) to create an en suite for bedroom 1 on the landing. The vendors inform us that the plumbing is in place for this.
BEDROOM 1: ((front) (17' 0'' into bay x 12' 6'' into chimney recess) (5.18m x 3.81m))
wide bay to front comprising hardwood double glazed windows, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: ((rear) (12' 7'' x 11' 8'' into chimney recess) (3.83m x 3.55m))
double bedroom with ceiling coving and picture rail, exposed stripped floorboards, hardwood double glazed windows to rear offering a pretty outlook over the rear garden to the period cottages behind, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((20' 9'' max x 11' 5'') (6.32m x 3.48m))
a large double bedroom with wonderful triple aspect double glazed windows to front, side and rear with Juliet balcony to the side. This room has engineered oak flooring with underfloor heating, inset spotlights and a timber ladder leading up into a mezzanine loft area.
MEZZANINE LOFT AREA: ((13' 9'' x 10' 6'') (4.19m x 3.20m))
(floor area below sloped ceilings with max head height of 6'2/1.88m) Velux skylight window, power, light and timber floorboards.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: ((8' 7'' x 8' 5'') (2.61m x 2.56m))
white suite comprising double ended panelled bath with central mixer taps and shower attachment, walk in shower with dual headed system fed shower, low level wc, large wash hand basin with storage cabinet beneath, chrome effect heated towel rail, pretty stained glass window to rear, partially tiled walls and floor.
landing area with Velux skylight window providing natural light down through the landing and stairwell and folding door accessing bedroom 4/loft room.
BEDROOM 4/LOFT ROOM: ((18' 1'' to dormer window x 11' 4'' into chimney recess) (5.51m x 3.45m))
(max measurements taken below sloped ceilings) a quirky and individual converted bedroom with large dormer picture windows to rear offering a fabulous view over the rooftops of Stoke Bishop, Velux skylight windows to front, built in shelving to chimney recesses and low level door accessing en suite bathroom/wc.
En Suite Bathroom/WC:
double ended bath with tiled splashbacks, low level wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash basin and Velux skylight window.
the property occupies an elevated position and has beautiful gardens to the rear, side and front of the property. At the rear of the property there is a lawned garden with various shrubs and hedgerows, decked seating area accessed directly from the kitchen/dining space. There is gated access from the back garden through to the side garden, which is also mainly laid to lawn with a large built in timber gazebo, perfect for outdoor entertaining. The garden wraps around to the front of the property where there is a pathway leading up to the front door and a decked terrace enjoying the last of the day’s sunshine. Hedgerow to front provides privacy from Stoke Hill.
CELLAR UNDERCROFT STORAGE:
there are useful low level undercroft storage spaces accessed from the side gardens beneath the extended section of the property.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rentcharge of £8.8s.0d p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.