Ravenswood Road | Redland
A large and impressive 5 bedroom, 2 reception room Victorian linked semi-detached period home located in the heart of Redland and further benefiting from a 35ft x 27ft rear garden, balcony and off street parking - plus additional flexible lower ground floor accommodation offering valuable extra space.
Superb location within easy access to all central areas and within 400 metres of Cotham School and Cotham Park Primary School; also handy for Redland train station and Cotham Gardens park.
Ground Floor: vestibule, spacious hallway, sitting room, dining room/reception 2 with opening through to kitchen and utility/shower room.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 4, bedroom 3 and bedroom 5 on mezzanine levels, useful store room and family bathroom/shower/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: spacious landing, reception 3 with independent access, reception 4/bedroom 6, bathroom/wc and useful storage room.
Off road parking for 2 cars.
A rather grand and inviting period home with much to offer and ample space for families.
- A large & impressive Victorian linked semi-detached period home
- Located in the heart of Redland
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 reception rooms
- 35ft rear garden
- Off streete parking
- Flexible lower ground floor accommodaton
via driveway and path leading to the left hand side of the property where you will find the main front door to the house.
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE: (11'5" x 3'7") (3.48m x 1.09m)
tiled floor, part glazed door providing access straight through to rear garden and attractive stripped period part stained glass door into main entrance hallway.
ENTRANCE HALL: (21'8" x 7'0") (6.60m x 2.13m)
spacious hall with high ceilings, ceiling coving and rose, picture rail, staircase rising to first floor landing and door accessing staircase descending to lower ground floor landing, double radiator, fuse box for electrics, exposed stripped period doors off to sitting room, dining room/reception 2 and utility/shower room.
SITTING ROOM: (17'10" max into bay x 15'8" max into chimney recess) (5.44m x 4.78m)
wide bay to front comprising 3 period style sash windows, high ceilings with cornicing and rose, picture rail, attractive period style cast iron fireplace with gas coal effect fire, double radiator.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (17'4" max into bay x 13'2" max into chimney recess) (5.28m x 4.01m)
wide bay to rear comprising double glazed windows overlooking rear garden, high ceilings with cornicing and rose, picture rail, attractive period style fireplace with inset tiles, slate hearth and gas coal effect fire, double radiator and wall opening with 3 steps down into kitchen.
KITCHEN: (14'6" x 9'1") (4.42m x 2.77m)
fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with granite worktops over, inset white ceramic sink and drainer unit, integrated Neff electric oven, inset 4 ring gas hob with extractor fan over, plumbing for washing machine, appliance space for fridge/freezer, double radiator, wood laminated flooring, part stained glass door to rear accessing rear balcony which in turn has steps down to rear garden
UTILITY/SHOWER ROOM: (14'0" x 5'5") (4.27m x 1.65m)
white suite comprising oversized shower enclosure with Mira sports shower, low level wc with concealed cistern, wall mounted wash basin, plumbing for washing machine with wood block worktop over, wall mounted Vaillant gas combination boiler, exposed painted floorboards, contemporary upright radiator, sash window to front.
spacious landing with ceiling coving and picture rail, glazed ceiling panel with borrowed light from skylight in roof space providing natural light through landing and stairwell, radiator, doors off to bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bedroom 4, bedroom 5 (upper mezzanine level) and useful store room, further doors off to family bathroom/wc and bedroom 3 (off lower mezzanine landing).
BEDROOM 1: (front) (16'5" max into bay x 13'3" max into chimney recess) (5.00m x 4.04m)
wide bay to front comprising 3 period style sash windows, high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture, attractive period style cast iron fireplace, double radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (rear) (14'5" max into bay x 12'4") (4.39m x 3.76m)
wide bay to rear comprising double glazed windows, built in wardrobes and storage cupboards to chimney recess, double radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (rear) (lower mezzanine level) (14'6" x 9'4" max into chimney recess) (4.42m x 2.84m)
double glazed window to rear, double radiator.
BEDROOM 4: (front) (13'6" x 8'5" max into chimney recess) (4.11m x 2.57m)
ceiling coving and picture rail, period style sash window to front, wash hand basin, tiled splashbacks, double radiator.
BEDROOM 5: (rear) (upper mezzanine level) (14'8" x 9'5" max into chimney recess and inclusive of staircase) (4.47m x 2.87m)
staircase leads into the upper mezzanine bedroom where there is a double glazed window to rear, double radiator, high level hatch providing access into loft storage space.
FAMILY BATHROOM/SHOWER/WC: (8'8" x 8'6") (2.64m x 2.59m)
white suite comprising corner shower enclosure with system fed shower, panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, obscured double glazed window to side, wood panelling to dado rail height, slate tiled floor, single radiator.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Stairs descend into useful lower ground floor accommodation which also has a separate independent front door access. Previously informally used as a flat this accommodation adds great flexibility and space.
LANDING: (23'7" x 6'4" inclusive of staircase) (7.19m x 1.93m)
kitchenette with a basic range of fitted units with worktop over, inset sink and drainer unit, plumbing for washing machine, high level meter cupboard, part tiled floor, doors off to reception 3 (front), reception 4/bedroom 6 (rear), bathroom/wc and further door accessing store room which in turn leads through to garden.
RECEPTION 3: (front) (17'1" max into bay x 14'8") (5.21m x 4.47m)
bay to front comprising 2 double glazed windows and central part glazed front door providing independent access from the front of the property into the lower ground floor, radiator, Vaillant gas combination boiler.
RECEPTION 4/BEDROOM 6: (rear) (17'6" max into bay x 11'0") (5.33m x 3.35m)
wide bay to rear comprising double glazed windows overlooking rear garden, radiator, tv point.
BATHROOM/WC: (13'1" x 4'10") (3.99m x 1.47m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with system fed shower over, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, tiled floor, part tiled walls, single radiator, obscured glazed window to front with extractor fan.
STORE ROOM: (11'3" x 8'10" max into chimney recess with a ceiling height of 6'7") (3.43m x 2.69m/2.01m)
useful storage room with window and part glazed door to rear accessing rear garden, single radiator.
OFF STREET PARKING:
the front garden has been landscaped to provide off street parking for 2 vehicles.
BALCONY: (approx. 8'0" x 5'0") (2.44m x 1.52m)
accessed via kitchen, raised balcony capturing the last of the afternoon/evening summer sunshine with steps down to rear garden.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 35ft x 27ft) (10.67m x 8.23m)
beautifully landscaped level rear garden with lawned section and railway sleepers surrounding with raised borders, stone boundary wall, various mature shrubs and trees allowing privacy, the open side aspect allows for enjoyment of afternoon/evening summer sunshine.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
1. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
2. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
3. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
4. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
5. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property
6. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer
7. Please be aware that firstly, areas of prime responsibility (APR) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an APR this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.