Oakfield Road | Clifton
Set in a classic Grade II listed Georgian style terrace; a bright and spacious 2 bedroom garden maisonette with large basement area, private rear garden, workshop/shed/garage and access to parking space. Located a stone’s throw away from Whiteladies Road, offering a wide range of bars, cafes, restaurants, a new Marks & Spencer’s, bus and rail transport links, whilst handy for The Triangle, Clifton Village and the vast green open space of the Downs. Very pleasant communal gardens private to the residents of South Parade Mansions only. Situated within the Clifton East (CE) Residents Parking Zone in addition to parking to the rear. Bedrooms over two levels, with an occasional guest room in the basement and sauna/pantry. A grade II listed terrace of 13 houses built c1840. Ground Floor: entrance hallway, sitting room, bedroom 1, bathroom/wc and kitchen. Upper Floor: bedroom 2 and walk-in wardrobe. Basement: hallway, inner hallway/pantry, occasional bedroom. Outside: low maintenance L shaped rear garden with workshop/shed/garage. A bright and spacious period maisonette with a private entrance, good ceiling height, a useable basement, outside space and outside workshop.
- 2 bedroom garden maisonette with private entrance
- In an attractive GII listed Georgian terrace
- Desirable Clifton location close to amenities
- Advantageously situated for transport links
- Bright & spacious accommodation
- Large basement area with useable rooms
- Generous workshop with power & lighting
- Private rear garden & use of pleasant communal garden
- Access to off-street parking
- Sold with no onward chain
the property is approached through iron railings with pathway extending to the left, down a short flight of turning steps leading to a small storm porch area underneath the steps to the upper flats' hallway. Six-panelled oak door with intercom entry provides a private entrance into the apartment.
wooden flooring continues throughout a long hallway which provides access to all principal rooms on the main floor and the flooring extends into the sitting room and bedroom. Two radiators, dado rail, ceiling mouldings, twin ceiling roses, intercom entry phone, glazed door to side elevation opening onto garden and staircase rising to the upper floor.
SITTING ROOM: (15' 6'' x 14' 4'') (4.72m x 4.37m)
twin wood framed sash windows to front elevation overlooking front courtyard and communal gardens, full size ceilings continue from the hallway (7'11/2.4m) along with wooden flooring. Moulded ceilings, central ceiling rose, cast iron fireplace with gas connection with tiled surround and wooden mantle, radiator on opposing wall.
BEDROOM 1: (13' 2'' x 11' 10'') (4.01m x 3.60m)
wood framed sash window to rear elevation overlooking garden with secondary glazing panel and deep sill, ceiling mouldings, central ceiling rose, radiator and wooden flooring continuing from the hallway.
accessed from the hallway; bathroom suite comprising acrylic bath with mixer tap, pedestal hand basin, close coupled wc, corner shower cubicle, fully tiled walls and floor, ceiling mounted extractor fan, corner medicine cabinet, fixed wall mirror with background lighting, mains fed heated towel rail.
KITCHEN: (12' 10'' x 9' 3'') (3.91m x 2.82m)
positioned to the rear of the flat with a dual aspect windows to rear and doors to side elevation providing direct access onto rear garden. Wall mounted radiator, slate tiled flooring, moulded ceilings. Fully fitted U shaped kitchen worksurface arrangement with square edged granite worksurfaces, inset stainless steel 1 1/3rd sink with drainer to side and swan neck mixer tap over, eye and floor level kitchen units with eye level wine rack, integrated 5 ring gas hob with electric Neff oven below and extractor hood with lighting over, integrated dishwasher, space for washing machine, space for large American style fridge/freezer. Worksurfaces extend to breakfast bar area with seating for three people. Cupboard concealing Vaillant gas fired combination boiler.
A short flight of steps leads up to the half landing which provides access to the bedroom, which is positioned at the hall floor level of the main building. A further short run of three steps provides access to a walk-in wardrobe.
BEDROOM 2: (9' 7'' x 9' 1'') (2.92m x 2.77m)
accessible from the landing; wood framed sash window with secondary glazing panel to side elevation, moulded ceilings, ceiling rose and radiator.
Accessible from the main hallway; a 90 degree turning staircase leads down from the main hallway with wall mounted electric consumer unit. The staircase leads down to a vaulted basement area with varying height levels between 6'9/2.07m to 5'2/1.58m. The area has fully tiled floor and is divided into three distinct sections.
a straight vaulted hallway with lighting, painted brick surround, tiled flooring and storage cupboard at the end of the hall. Low level archway leads through to:-
Inner Hallway/Pantry/Sauna Room:
a larger inner hallway with good headroom acts as a utility area (5'9 x 4'0) (1.75m x 1.21m) with radiator. Tiled flooring continues and has been partitioned off to one corner with a former sauna room, which now acts as a substantial pantry cupboard. Low level archway opens to:-
Occasional Bedroom: (14' 0'' x 5' 7'') (4.26m x 1.70m)
a vaulted ceiling with good head height and tiled flooring continuing as a potential guest bedroom/study or gym.
L shaped rear garden currently arranged as a low maintenance block paved courtyard with outside seating, space for barbecue, outdoor water supply and lighting. Bordered at the foot of the garden by attractive wicker fence.
large wood framed pitched roof workshop with side pedestrian door, electricity and double opening doors to front, also can serve as motorbike/bicycle/scooter storage.
it is understood that the residents of 55 South Parade Mansions have access to two 'first come, first served' parking spaces immediately to the rear. There are a further four 'first come, first served' parking spaces which are shared with four other blocks in South Parade Mansions. Our client has always used the space immediately behind their garden.
to the front of the property there is an attractive 180ft communal garden shared between the residents of South Parade Mansions. Communal bin storage is also provided
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 1 November 1990. We understand that there is a peppercorn rent of £1 p.a. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the annual service charge is £1,588 p.a. (i.e. approx. £132.33 per month). This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.