0117 946 6690
- An attractive and exceedingly spacious hall floor garden apartment.
- Circa 1,250 sq. ft., having both private and communal entrance.
- 3 double bedrooms in total.
- Sitting room (16ft x 14ft) with wide wall opening through to kitchen / breakfast.
- There are only three apartments within the building and four parking spaces.
- South facing walled garden (35ft x 28ft) with sitting out area.
- Off street parking for one car, plus spare parking space for building residents.
- Dogs are permitted in the buildings - close to Durdham Downs.
- Near to Westbury Park Primary and Redland Green Secondary.
- To be sold for the first time in nearly 20 years, very rare opportunity.
An attractive and impeccably presented, 3 double bedroom, hall floor garden apartment, of circa 1,250 sq. ft., set within an imposing Edwardian period building on the doorstep of Durdham Downs. Further benefitting from private and communal entrance, south facing rear garden and off-street parking.
A well-proportioned apartment that boasts an impressive (16'3 x 14'3) sitting room with high ceiling, working period fireplace, two tall sash windows to the front elevation and fitted bookshelving. There is a wide wall opening to a spacious (13'5 x 10'11) kitchen/breakfast room with tall part multi-paned south facing double doors overlooking and opening externally to the private rear garden.
Two good sized double bedrooms conveniently situated to either side of the family shower room and both with wide bay windows. On the lower ground floor there is a third double bedroom (currently used as a study).
Situated in the leafy fringes of the Downs and set favourably for Blackboy Hill, Coldharbour Road, North View, Whiteladies Road and handy for Clifton Village and the city centre.
Located within 250 metres of Westbury Park Primary School and 650 metres of Redland Green Secondary School.
Exuding characterful features including tall sash windows, tall moulded skirtings, ornate moulded cornicing, period fireplace and exposed wooden floorboards.
Hall Floor: entrance hall, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, 2 double bedrooms, family shower room/wc.
Lower Ground Floor: hall (with external access to rear), bedroom 3/study, two useful storage rooms, utility area.
Outside: south facing walled garden (35ft x 28ft) with garden shed and patio. Off-street parking for one car and one visitors parking bay for the building.
An immaculate period apartment with bright rooms and spacious accommodation literally on the doorstep of the Downs in a much sought after location.
situated off Blenheim Road, there is a tarmacadam pathway leading alongside the building with picket gate opening to the private garden which in turn leads to the kitchen/breakfast room. Steps up with solid wood panelled door opening to:-
elegant turning staircase ascending to the upper levels, ceiling light point. Six-panelled private door with moulded architraves and fanlight, opening to:-
a most welcoming entrance with tall moulded skirtings, picture rail and ornate moulded cornicing. Ceiling light point and telecom entry control system. Four-panelled doors with moulded architraves and chrome door furniture, opening to:-
BEDROOM 1: (15' 2'' x 14' 6'' max measurements) (4.62m x 4.42m)
wide bay window to the front elevation comprising four tall sash windows, chimney breast with recesses to either side, exposed wooden floorboards, tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, ceiling light point, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: (12' 4'' x 11' 8'') (3.76m x 3.55m)
virtually full width bay window to the rear elevation comprising four tall sash windows, chimney breast with recess to side, tall moulded skirtings, simple moulded cornicing, picture rail, ceiling light point, radiator.
FAMILY SHOWER ROOM/WC: (8' 8'' x 6' 10'') (2.64m x 2.08m)
large shower cubicle with shallow shower tray, glass panels, glass door, wall mounted shower unit and handheld shower attachment plus overhead circular shower. Low level dual flush wc. Wall mounted wash hand basin with mixer tap plus towel rail and shelf below. Tiled flooring with underfloor heating, tiled walls to dado height, obscure double glazed window to the side elevation, heated towel rail/radiator, wall mounted mirror with integral lighting, shaver point, inset ceiling downlights, extractor fan. Raised height opaque glazed window through to the entrance hall.
SITTING ROOM: (16' 3'' x 14' 3'') (4.95m x 4.34m)
a pair of tall sash windows to the front elevation with display sill. Central period working fireplace with cast iron surround, slate hearth and ornately carved Carrera marble mantelpiece. Recesses to either side of the chimney breast and both with fitted bookshelving. Tall moulded skirtings, picture rail, ornate moulded cornicing, ornate ceiling rose, radiator, ceiling light point. Wide wall opening through to:-
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: (13' 5'' x 10' 11'') (4.09m x 3.32m)
hand made base and eye level kitchen units comprising drawers, cabinets and shelving. Roll edged wooden worktops, pelmet lighting, stainless steel sink with draining board to side and mixer tap over. Smeg range cooker set into chimney breast with stainless steel surround. Tiled effect flooring, timber panelled to dado height, space for tall fridge/freezer, space for dishwasher, coved ceiling, ceiling light point. Raised height wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired combination boiler. Part multi-paned double doors overlooking and opening externally to the rear garden. Six-panelled door with moulded architraves with stairs descending to:-
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
HALL: (19' 2'' x 10' 10'' decreasing to 6'9) (5.84m x 3.30m/2.06m)
door opening externally to the front elevation, window to front, utility area with space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer, radiator, inset ceiling downlights. Two useful storage rooms both with light points. Door opening to:-
BEDROOM 3/STUDY: (15' 11'' x 10' 3'') (4.85m x 3.12m)
(max ceiling height 6'1/1.85m) a pair of casement windows to the rear elevation, radiator, three wall light points, inset ceiling downlights.
REAR GARDEN: (approx. 35' 0'' x 28' 0'') (10.66m x 8.53m)
south facing walled garden with a section of lawn and paved patio to the side which offers ample space for garden furniture, potted plants and barbecuing etc., raised shrub borders featuring an array of flowering plants and mature shrubs including damson tree, quince tree, fig, hydrangeas and grasses. Picket gate to communal pathway, garden shed, outside lighting. Steps descend to lower ground floor level with external door opening to the hall.
OFF STREET PARKING:
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year (less 10 days) lease which commenced on 1 August 1977. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is £35. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-private-rented-property-minimum-standard-landlord-guidance-documents 2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens. 3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you. 4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller. 5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property. 6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property. 7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer. 8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.