Brecon Road, Henleaze
GUIDE PRICE RANGE: £1,400,000 - £1,450,000.
An incredibly rare opportunity to purchase this handsome large (over 3,000 sq. ft.) 5 double bedroom, 4 reception room, Edwardian detached family home in a desirable location.
Set in a generous corner plot with lawned gardens, ample gated off road parking and useful garaging/hobby spaces.
Enviable location, situated in one of the most desirable roads in Henleaze within a level stroll of the cafes, shops and amenities of Henleaze Road. Bus connections to all central areas can be found nearby and St Ursula's, Red Maids and Badminton Schools are all within a few hundred metres. Waitrose supermarket, The Orpheus Cinema, Henleaze library and the highly regarded 'Little French' restaurant are also within easy reach, as is Westbury-on-Trym Village.
Ground Floor: magnificent reception hallway with original wood panelling and parquet flooring, 20ft x 15ft sitting room, dining room with double doors accessing the lawned gardens, family room and breakfast room, which connects through to the kitchen. Utility room, pantry and cloakroom./wc.
First Floor: spacious landing, principal double bedroom with en-suite shower room/wc, 4 further double bedrooms and two family bathrooms.
Large loft storage space offering further potential for conversion (subject to any necessary consents)
Outside: sitting in the centre of a large corner plot, this property offers private lawned front gardens (95ft x 38ft), further gardens to the side and a 65ft x 32ft rear garden.
An inviting and rather special detached period home in a superb location.
- A handsome large (over 3,000 sq. ft.) detached family home
- Set in a generous corner plot with lawned gardens
- 5 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite shower/wc)
- Three further good sized reception rooms
- Separate kitchen and utility area
- Large loft storage space with further potential (subject to necessary consents)
- Useful garaging/hobby spaces
- Ample gated off road parking
- A rather special period home in a superb location
via double gates accessing a wide central pathway through the level lawned front gardens to the covered entrance and main front door to the house.
RECEPTION HALLWAY: (16' 10'' max x 13' 9'') (5.13m x 4.19m)
an impressive and welcoming central entrance hallway with high ceilings, original wood panelled walls, original parquet wood flooring, beautiful staircase rising to the first floor landing. Doors leading off to sitting room, dining room, breakfast room and family room. A further door accesses a ground floor cloakroom/wc.
SITTING ROOM: (rear) (19' 11'' into bay x 15' 0'') (6.07m x 4.57m)
an elegant sitting room with high ceilings, central ceiling rose and picture ray, wide bay to side comprising double glazed windows. Attractive period style cast iron fireplace with inset gas coal effect fire, white marble surround and mantle and slate hearth. Radiator, telephone and tv points.
DINING ROOM/RECEPTION 2: (front) (19' 3'' into bay x 15' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.86m x 4.57m)
a light and airy dining room with high ceilings, central ceiling rose, picture rail, wide bay to front comprising double glazed windows with central double doors, further double glazed windows to side, radiator, Serving hatch from the kitchen
RECEPTION 3/FAMILY ROOM: (14' 1'' x 13' 4'') (4.29m x 4.06m)
high ceilings, ceiling coving and picture rail, double glazed windows to front overlooking the front garden, further leaded double glazed window to side, radiator.
BREAKFAST ROOM/RECEPTION 4: (13' 2'' x 12' 0'') (4.01m x 3.65m)
high ceilings with picture rail, part glazed door providing a sociable connection through to the kitchen, double glazed windows to rear overlook the rear garden, radiator, exposed stripped floorboards, double doors accessing an understairs Pantry/Storage Cupboard.
KITCHEN: (15' 1'' x 12' 5'' max) (4.59m x 3.78m)
a hand-built fitted kitchen comprising base and eye level cupboards and drawers with tiled worktop over and inset double sink and drainer unit. Plumbing and appliance space for cooker, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. Chimney recess houses the Worcester gas boiler. Double glazed windows to rear and side overlook the gardens, door accesses:-
UTILITY AREA: (7' 0'' x 5' 10'') (2.13m x 1.78m)
plumbing and appliance space for washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer. Small double glazed window to rear, tiled floor and back door leading out onto the rear garden.
CLOAKROOM/WC: (6' 5'' x 5' 1'') (1.95m x 1.55m)
high ceilings, double glazed window to front, low level wc, wash hand basin set into a wash stand, coat hooks, radiator, parquet flooring.
a spacious landing with high ceilings and picture rail, large original glazed ceiling panel provides borrowed natural light through from the skylight windows in the loft space down into the landing and stairwell, radiator. Doors leading off to all 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and the Boiler/Airing Cupboard housing the pressurised hot water cylinder. Loft hatch with pull down ladder accesses a vast loft storage space offering further exciting potential for conversion (subject to any necessary consents and if one requires).
BEDROOM 1: (19' 4'' into bay x 14' 11'') (5.89m x 4.54m)
an impressive principal bedroom with high ceilings, ceiling coving and wide bay to front overlooking the lawned front gardens, built-in bedroom furniture, radiator. Door accessing:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: (9' 9'' x 3' 4'') (2.97m x 1.02m)
white suite comprising shower enclosure with system fed shower, low level wc and wall mounted wash basin with tiled splashbacks. Radiator and extractor fan.
BEDROOM 2: (16' 2'' into bay x 15' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.92m x 4.59m)
wonderful high ceilings with ceiling coving and picture rail, wide bay to side with views out over the gardens and towards Grange Court Road, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: (front) (14' 1'' x 13' 5'') (4.29m x 4.09m)
high ceilings with picture rail, double glazed windows to front, radiator, built-in bookcases.
BEDROOM 4: (rear) (13' 7'' x 12' 7'' into built-in wardrobes) (4.14m x 3.83m)
a double bedroom with high ceilings, picture rail, radiator, double glazed windows to side and built-in wardrobes.
BEDROOM 5: (13' 1'' x 10' 0'') (3.98m x 3.05m)
a double bedroom with double glazed windows to front, high ceilings and picture rail.
FAMILY BATHROOM/WC: (12' 1'' x 10' 2'') (3.68m x 3.10m)
a large family bathroom with white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, shower enclosure with electric Mira shower, low level wc, pedestal wash basin, high ceilings, picture rail, double glazed windows to rear and radiator.
BATHROOM No. 2: (8' 10'' x 6' 2'') (2.69m x 1.88m)
white suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, low level wc and pedestal wash basin, double glazed windows to rear overlook the rear garden, radiator and recessed storage cupboards.
Front: (approx. 95' 0'' wide x 38' 0'' deep) (28.93m x 11.57m)
wonderful level lawned front gardens approach the property framed with raised flower borders and a central pathway. To the side of the property where there are further level lawned sections, access to the driveway and gated access through to the rear garden.
Rear: (approx. 65' 0'' x 32' 0'' incl. garaging/hobby space) (19.80m x 9.75m)
a level rear garden which attracts and enjoys much of the late afternoon/early evening summer sunshine, with central lawned section, large paved area, fenced boundaries, garden shed, outdoor tap, gated access to front onto the driveway. Decked seating area with double doors accessing the garage and hobby space.
DRIVEWAY: (approx. 30' 0'' x 30' 0'') (9.14m x 9.14m)
double gates off Grange Court Road access a driveway laid to stone chippings affording off street parking for at least two vehicles. The driveway leads up to:-
GARAGE & HOBBY SPACE: (17' 10'' x 8' 0'' and 17'4 x 9'1) (5.43m x 2.44m and 5.29m x 2.77m)
originally two single garages these useful spaces have natural light and can either be utilised as garages or as hobby spaces, depending on one's requirements.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.