Claremont Avenue | Bishopston
Within 400m of Redland Green School - a treasured and carefully maintained 5 bedroom, 2/3 reception Edwardian period family house with 2 bath/shower rooms, downstairs wc and rear garden.
Set on a quiet, tree-lined street on the borders of Redland and Bishopston with a family orientated and friendly local community close to Redland Green School and the many and varied amenities on Gloucester Road.
The property enjoys a terrific feeling of light and space with high ceilings, large box bay windows and a great deal of retained original character detail.
Ground Floor: entrance vestibule, entrance hall, understairs wc, sitting room, living/dining room, kitchen.
First Floor: landing, bedrooms 2, 3, 4 and 5, family bathroom/wc.
Second (Top) Floor: very bright loft conversion providing bedroom 1 and en-suite shower room/wc, together with eaves storage space.
Outside: pretty front garden, landscaped tiered rear garden (approx. 50ft x 25ft) with handy rear access gate.
- Characterful 5 bedroom Edwardian family home
- Well-maintained with many original period features
- Light & spacious
- 2/3 reception rooms plus separate kitchen
- M&P Joinery wooden sash double glazed windows
- Landscaped rear garden with pedestrian rear access
- Set on a quiet tree-lined street
- 400m from Redland Green School
- Close to amenities on Gloucester Road
with original tessellated tiled flooring, ornate ceiling cornicing, leaded window lights to front elevation, meter cupboards, ornate stained glass double doors with original handles opening into:-
stairs rising to the first floor, ceiling cornicing. Doors opening into sitting room, living/dining room and in turn the kitchen. Radiator, understairs storage. Door to:-
with low level wc, wall mounted wash hand basin with storage beneath, extractor fan, painted wooden flooring, attractive hand painted tiles.
SITTING ROOM: 16' 10'' x 12' 10'' (5.13m x 3.91m)
a charming sitting room with high ceilings, ornate ceiling cornicing and ornate ceiling rose, picture rail, original marble fireplace with slate hearth, radiator, wooden sash double glazed windows to the front elevation.
LIVING/DINING ROOM: 19' 1'' x 15' 1'' (5.81m x 4.59m)
overall measurement max including dining area and into chimney recess x max into bay. Described and measured separately as follows:-
Dining Area: 12' 8'' x 7' 9'' (3.86m x 2.36m)
large opening through into the living area, open doorway through to kitchen, partially glazed door opening to the rear garden, radiator, engineered oak wooden flooring.
Living Area: 15' 2'' x 10' 11'' (4.62m x 3.32m)
ceiling cornicing, original ceiling rose. Wood burning stove with slate hearth and polished stone surround and mantel. Two large wooden sash double glazed windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, radiator.
KITCHEN: 14' 10'' x 7' 10'' (4.52m x 2.39m)
fitted with a range of modern wall and base units incorporating recycled glass working surfaces with upstand, stainless steel 1 ½ bowl sink unit with mixer tap, 4 ring gas hob with filter hood above, waist level double oven and grill, fitted microwave, space for dishwasher and automatic washing machine, space for tall fridge/freezer, radiator, continuation of engineered oak wooden flooring. Boiler cupboard housing Vaillant gas combination boiler. Recessed spotlights, wooden double glazed casement window to the side elevation.
doors lead off to bedrooms 2 to 5 and stairs rise up to the loft conversion, radiator.
BEDROOM 2: 16' 9'' x 11' 9'' (5.10m x 3.58m)
a lovely large room with high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, bay window to the front elevation with wooden double glazed sash windows, exposed wooden flooring, remnants of an original hearth for the fireplace, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: 15' 3'' x 10' 11'' (4.64m x 3.32m)
two large wooden sash windows to the rear elevation overlooking the rear garden, radiator, fitted wardrobe.
BEDROOM 4: 11' 4'' x 7' 8'' (3.45m x 2.34m)
wooden double glazed sash window to the side elevation, radiator, exposed wooden flooring, access to roof storage space.
BEDROOM 5: 8' 9'' x 7' 0'' (2.66m x 2.13m)
wooden double glazed sash window to the front elevation, radiator.
BATHROOM/WC: 12' 8'' x 4' 8'' (3.86m x 1.42m)
white suite comprising low level wc, ceramic wash hand basin with mixer tap, cast iron bath and corner shower cubicle with mains fed shower, extractor fan, recessed spotlights, partially tiled walls and tiled floor, opaque wooden double glazed sash window to the side elevation, heated towel rail.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
BEDROOM 1: 13' 11'' x 11' 6'' (4.24m x 3.50m)
a very bright loft conversion with three double glazed Velux skylights, eaves storage, radiator. Door to:-
En-Suite Shower Room/WC: 5' 2'' x 5' 1'' (1.57m x 1.55m)
low level wc, wash hand basin with storage beneath, corner shower cubicle, heated towel rail, tiled floor and tastefully tiled walls, extractor fan, recessed spotlights, Velux skylight to rear.
low level front boundary wall, paved pathway with shallow steps leading up to main entrance door, borders containing a variety of flowering plants, shrubs and bushes, shallow steps lead up to main entrance door, space for bin store and garden storage cupboard.
REAR GARDEN: 50' 0'' x 25' 0'' (15.23m x 7.61m)
tiered rear garden; immediately outside the back door there is a patio with terracotta tiled floor, steps rise up to the main garden which is landscaped to include two seating areas, an area of lawn and well stocked borders containing a variety of flowers, shrubs and small trees. At the top of the garden which catches sun throughout the day and through until the evening is a very attractive seating area with pergola and an established grape vine. Useful back gate for bikes, muddy boots etc.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. This information should be checked with your legal adviser.
LOCAL AUTHORITY INFORMATION:
Bristol City Council. Council Tax Band: E
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.