Redland Road, Redland
A bright and very spacious (c. 1,200 sq. ft.) 2 double bedroom, 2 bathroom, first floor apartment with a very impressive drawing room linked to a large kitchen/dining room. Set on the leafy fringes of the Downs, close to Whiteladies Road and local shops on North View and Coldharbour Road Extensively re-modelled and refurbished within the past few years. Refurbished sash windows provide natural light which floods into the beautifully presented, stylish interior including an impressive kitchen/diner off the drawing room, spacious and elegant built-in cupboards and storage space. The position is excellent being on the fringes of Durdham Downs, with over 400 acres of recreational space and a short distance to Whiteladies Road/Blackboy Hill. Somewhat underappreciated are the local independents shops (and Waitrose) on North View/Coldharbour Road with florists, bakers, butchers, fishmongers, cafes and some well-regarded neighbourhood eateries. Set within a handsome Victorian period semi-detached house shared with two other flats. There is an active management company and it has in recent years repaired the stonework and pointing to front and rear elevations and installed a wi-fi controlled video entry system. The communal hallway has been recently decorated. Accommodation: entrance hall, drawing room, kitchen/dining room, inner vestibule, bedroom 1, bathroom/wc, bedroom 2, bathroom/wc no. 2.
- A bright and spacious (over1,200 sq.ft.) first floor apartment
- 2 double bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- High ceilings, large sash windows and a pleasing layout
- Wonderful location on the fringes of Durdham Downs
- Bay fronted sitting room and large kitchen dining room
pathway leads to the communal entrance door, hall and stairs rise to the first floor and the private entrance for this apartment. Exterior storage cupboard.
ENTRANCE HALL: (17' 7'' x 9' 10'' overall inclusive of half stairwell) (5.36m x 2.99m)
a lovely welcoming entrance hall, with door leading into the large drawing room, internal open window through to the kitchen, door off to main bedroom suite and bathroom. A couple of steps lead down to the second bedroom and second bathroom, with generous storage cupboards built into the stairwell. Radiator, engineered oak wooden flooring, deep skirting boards.
DRAWING ROOM: (21' 0'' max into bay x 15' 5'' max into chimney recess) (6.40m x 4.70m)
a lovely big room with high ceilings and wide bay window to the front elevation comprising 5 sash windows and benefitting from a westerly aspect catching the afternoon sunshine, picture rail, continuation of engineered oak wooden flooring, two radiators. Recessed fireplace with wood burning stove, slate hearth and floating wooden shelf mantel. Large opening through to:-
KITCHEN/DINING ROOM: (17' 9'' x 11' 3'') (5.41m x 3.43m)
a very generous kitchen/dining room with an ample range of kitchen units incorporating working surface, peninsular breakfast bar, space for range oven with filter hood above, large sink unit with draining board to side and mixer tap over, tiled splashbacks, integrated units include dishwasher and fridge/freezer, Vaillant gas boiler located behind wall mounted unit, ceiling cornicing, two large sash windows to the front elevation benefitting from a westerly aspect catching the afternoon sunshine. Continuation of engineered oak wooden flooring, radiator.
with doors opening to main bathroom and main bedroom. Ceiling cornicing, picture rail, range of very useful wall and base units – one housing the washing machine, shoe storage. Continuation of engineered oak wooden flooring.
BEDROOM 1: (rear) (16' 10'' into chimney recess/rear of wardrobes x 11' 8'') (5.13m x 3.55m)
a lovely big main bedroom with lots of light, high ceilings, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, 3 large sash windows to the rear elevation, wide range of floor to ceiling fitted wardrobes with storage space above, radiator, further fitted storage.
tastefully fitted with double ended steel bath with panel to side and Victorian style handheld shower fitment and mixer tap, ceramic wash hand basin with vanity unit below, low level wc, large shower cubicle with Victorian style handheld shower fitment and overhead rose, heated towel rail, partially tiled walls, recessed spotlights, extractor fan, tiled floor.
BEDROOM 2: (14' 2'' into chimney recess x 11' 6'' min) (4.31m x 3.50m)
a generous double bedroom with 2 large sash windows to the rear elevation, recessed spotlights, contemporary tall radiator.
BATHROOM/WC No. 2: (6' 4'' x 5' 0'') (1.93m x 1.52m)
a very useful second bathroom, small bath perfect for children, overhead shower, partially tiled walls, low level wc, wash hand basin incorporating vanity unit, tiled floor, heated towel rail, extractor fan, recessed spotlights.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 4 September 1961. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the monthly service charge is currently £150 to pay for works to the building. This might reduce when the communal hall is painted and revert to the previous charge of £75 p.c.m. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As of the 1st April 2018 there is a general requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations came into force for new tenancies and renewals of existing tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and will also come into force for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
4. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
5. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
6. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
7. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
8. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.