Elgin Park, Redland
An immaculately refurbished and light hall floor garden apartment with an enclosed and private S. West facing rear garden. The property occupies the ground floor of a pretty period Victorian two storey home with original features, boasting open plan living accommodation, bay windows, two double bedrooms, large cellar and a converted home office with high speed internet and garden storage. A convenient and sought after location with excellent local amenities - a popular road in a friendly and upmarket neighbourhood within walking distance (4mins) of Whiteladies Road, Clifton Downs (9mins), Redland Green (5mins). Elgin Park is within easy access to the city centre, Clifton Village, Gloucester Road and Bristol University and is served well by numerous private and state schools, main hospitals and the BBC. Both Redland and Clifton Down local train stations within easy walking distance and the area benefits from a frequent and convenient city wide bus service Accommodation: Communal hallway, hallway, open plan sitting/dining room, kitchen, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, bathroom/wc, cellar rooms and home office. Outside: Private landscaped and enclosed front (9m x 7m) and rear (16m x 10m) gardens with side access and garden storage. Home Office: Recently refurbished secure home office located in the garden with access to high speed internet. Located within the Cotham North residents permit parking zone An exceptional converted apartment which has been modernised to a very high standard, boasting hugely attractive gardens and a contemporary design lead interior, retaining many period features and boasting excellent storage options.
- Immaculately refurbished and light hall floor garden apartment.
- Two double bedrooms with all original features.
- Enclosed private south west facing rear garden (10m x 16m).
- Large private landscaped front garden (9m x 7m).
- Occupying the entire ground floor with basement rooms of a period Victorian home.
- Detached home office with high speed internet.
- Within the Cotham North residents permit parking zone
communal pathway leads through the front garden to the communal entrance for the two apartments. Side access leads through to the rear garden. The private entrance for the apartment is in the hallway and the door on the right hand side.
doors radiate to the living area, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, and bathroom/wc. Door to the cellar.
OPEN PLAN SITTING/DINING ROOM: (overall max measurements 23' 11'' x 18' 1'') (7.28m x 5.51m)
described separately as follows:-
bay fronted sitting room with 3 double glazed multi-paned sash windows with working shutters and a south-westerly facing aspect, a light room with high ceilings, cornicing, raised skirting boards, solid wooden floorboards and industrial exposed steel support.
wood burning stove, shelving in the chimney recess with inset downlights, space for large dining table and chairs, double glazed window to the rear elevation, tiled flooring, doorway to hallway.
KITCHEN: (12' 11'' x 7' 11'') (3.93m x 2.41m)
multi-paned double glazed sash windows to the side and rear elevation, modern kitchen comprising of a range of base and eye level units with solid wooden worktop surfaces and under cabinet strip lighting, inset Belfast style sink and mixer tap, 4 ring gas hob with stainless steel filter hood above and electric oven and grill below, space and plumbing for washing machine, dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, partially tiled walls, tiled flooring, door to the rear garden.
BEDROOM 1: (18' 8'' x 13' 4'') (5.69m x 4.06m)
wonderful bay fronted room with 3 multi-paned sash windows with working shutters overlooking the front elevation, high ceilings, cornicing and radiator. (N.B. the Victorian roll top bath and wardrobes are available by separate negotiation).
BEDROOM 2: (11' 0'' x 9' 8'') (3.35m x 2.94m)
multi-paned sash window to the front elevation with working shutters, exposed floorboards, high ceilings, access to roof void storage, radiator.
modern white suite comprising low level wc with bidet sprayer, mounted ceramic wash hand basin with mixer tap and splashback and stone working surface, shaver point, level access shower cubical with stainless steel circular rainfall shower and additional shower head, glass shower screen, heated towel rail, partially tiled walls, tiled flooring and inset downlights.
CELLAR SPACE: (23' 9'' x 11' 10'') (7.23m x 3.60m)
stairs descend to cellar rooms previously a coal shoot - solid flagstone floor, inset downlights, gas and electric meters, extractor fan.
Front: (approx 29' 6'' x 22' 11'') (8.98m x 6.98m)
mainly laid to lawn with bush and shrub borders and side access to the rear garden.
Rear: (approx. 52' 6'' x 32' 10'') (15.99m x 10.00m)
large south westerly facing mature garden, mainly laid to lawn with tree, bush and flowering plant borders enclosed by stone walls and a wooden fence, patio area. Bespoke wooden storage shed with herb garden.
recently refurbished office space positioned at the back of the garden with access to high speed broadband.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
Victorian style roll top bath, window coverings and extensive wardrobes are available by separate negotiation. Only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is leasehold for the remainder of a 999 year lease which commenced on 29 September 1977. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
it is understood that at the time of writing these particulars the expenses for the shared areas are split equally between the two flats. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.