Coldharbour Road, Redland
A handsome and substantial 6 double bedroom, 3 reception room Edwardian semi-detached family house with south easterly facing rear garden and driveway parking for 2 cars.
Impressive and bright accommodation retaining much of the original charm, benefitting from high ceilings, large sash windows, original fireplaces and detailed ceiling cornicing.
A cherished and well maintained family home since 1996 and now understandably slightly family worn and offers the opportunity to enhance and update to individual requirements in the fullness of time.
Perfect location for families situated within just 150 metres of Westbury Park Primary School and within 600 metres of Redland Green School. Close to the green open spaces of Redland Green park and nearby Durdham Downs. The local shops and amenities of Coldharbour Road and North View, as well as the Orpheus cinema, Waitrose supermarket and bus connections to central areas are also within easy reach.
Ground Floor: entrance porch, entrance hallway, sitting room, dining room, family room, kitchen, utility room, wc.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en-suite bath/shower room, bedroom 2, bedroom 3, bathroom/wc, walk-in airing cupboard.
Second (Top) Floor: landing, bedroom 4, bedroom 5, bedroom 6, walk-in attic storage.
Outside: front garden with driveway parking for 2 cars, charming 41ft x 26ft southerly facing rear garden, useful extensive vault storage space.
- A substantial Edwardian family house
- 6 double bedrooms
- Bedroom 1 with large ensuite
- Main bathroom
- Large kitchen / family room
- Driveway parking for 2 cars
- Pretty 41ft x 26ft southerly facing rear garden
- Redland Green School within 600m
- Westbury Park Primary within 150m
driveway and pathway passes between two stone pillars and to the right hand side.
ENTRANCE PORCH: ((6' 7'' x 4' 2'') (2.01m x 1.27m))
with access to the rear garden. Door opening into:-
ENTRANCE HALLWAY: ((23' 3'' x 6' 10'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (7.08m x 2.08m))
glazed entrance door with glazed panels to either side, combination of tiled and exposed wooden flooring, stairs rise to first floor landing, doors lead off to sitting room, dining room and family room. At the end of the hall there is an original butler’s pantry. Detailed ceiling cornicing and ornamental wooden archway.
SITTING ROOM: ((18' 2'' into bay x 14' 2'' into chimney recess) (5.53m x 4.31m))
bay window to the front elevation with secondary glazing and stained glass overlights, two radiators, exposed wooden flooring, open fire with marble surround & mantle and tiled hearth, decorative cornicing, picture rail.
DINING ROOM: ((15' 6'' x 9' 8'' into chimney recess) (4.72m x 2.94m))
two sash windows with stained glass overlights to front elevation with secondary glazing, radiator, marble fireplace with tiled hearth, picture rail, cornicing.
FAMILY ROOM: ((18' 0'' into bay x 12' 11'' into chimney breast) (5.48m x 3.93m))
bay window to rear with large double glazed windows and double doors (NB: the doors open above garden level), two radiators, gas coal effect stove with tiled hearth, exposed wooden flooring, ceiling cornice, plasterwork and ceiling rose, large opening through to:-
KITCHEN: ((11' 10'' x 10' 8'' into recess) (3.60m x 3.25m))
fitted with a range of base units, kitchen island, space for range cooker, radiator, exposed wooden flooring, double glazed window to rear elevation, partially tiled walls. Internal window to hall having original stained glass.
UTILITY ROOM: ((17' 2'' x 7' 2'' overall inclusive of wc) (5.23m x 2.18m))
base units, two sink units, space and plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine, partially tiled walls, wooden double glazed door and windows overlooking the rear garden.
wall mounted wash hand basin, low level wc, opaque window to rear elevation.
LANDING: ((16' 4'' x 6' 10'' overall inclusive of stairwell) (4.97m x 2.08m))
doors opening to bedrooms and bathroom, staircase continues rising to top floor, radiator and ceiling cornicing.
Airing Cupboard: ((10' 11'' x 3' 2'') (3.32m x 0.96m))
hot water tank and fitted shelving.
BEDROOM 1: ((17' 9'' into bay x 13' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.41m x 3.96m))
bay window comprising four double glazed windows, exposed wooden floor, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, wooden fireplace with painted tiled lapels and hearth, door to:-
En-Suite Bath/Shower Room: ((10' 10'' into recess x 8' 7'' into shallow window recess) (3.30m x 2.61m))
panelled bath, shower cubicle, low level wc, wash hand basin mounted on floating shelf, partially tiled walls, radiator, two double glazed windows to rear elevation.
BEDROOM 2: ((18' 2'' into bay x 13' 0'' into chimney recess) (5.53m x 3.96m))
bay window with sash windows and secondary glazing to front elevation, ceiling cornicing, exposed floorboards, picture rail, radiator.
BEDROOM 3: ((15' 8'' into window recess x 11' 1'' into chimney recess) (4.77m x 3.38m))
two sash windows with secondary glazing to front elevation, ceiling cornicing, picture rail, cast iron fireplace with painted tiled lapels and hearth, exposed wooden floor.
BATHROOM/WC: ((8' 0'' x 6' 9'') (2.44m x 2.06m))
white suite comprising low level wc, bath and shower, double glazed window, sink unit, radiator.
SECOND (TOP) FLOOR
LANDING: ((12' 0'' x 6' 11'') (3.65m x 2.11m))
doors opening to bedroom 4, 5 and 6.
BEDROOM 4: ((15' 5'' into chimney recess/rear of wardrobes x 12' 8'') (4.70m x 3.86m))
double glazed windows to front elevation, radiator, fitted wardrobes, exposed wooden floor.
BEDROOM 5: ((10' 7'' to front of chimney breast x 9' 5'') (3.22m x 2.87m))
(9'5 measurement taken to a sloping ceiling height of 2'9/0.84m min above floor level) double glazed window, radiator, cast iron fireplace, fitted wardrobe.
BEDROOM 6: ((11' 3'' x 9' 5'') (3.43m x 2.87m))
double glazed window, radiator, fitted wardrobe.
FRONT GARDEN: ((approx. 28' 0'' wide x 18' 0'' deep) (8.53m x 5.48m))
paved driveway providing off street parking for two cars.
REAR GARDEN: ((approx. 41' 0'' long x 26' 0'' wide) (12.49m x 7.92m))
a charming southerly facing rear garden with generous patio area. Flower beds containing a variety of plants, shrubs and trees. Useful side access via the entrance porch. Useful pedestrian rear lane access for bikes, muddy boots etc.
VAULT: ((circa 17' 11'' x 12' 8'') (5.46m x 3.86m))
(with varying head heights between 4'1/1.24m and 5'0/1.52m) useful vault storage space (houses the gas boiler). Accessible via the garden and hatch underneath the stairs in the entrance hall (not currently used).
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: 0117 946 6690.
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is Freehold. There is a perpetual yearly rentcharge of £8.8s.0d (we understand that the vendors have applied for this to be cancelled). This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. Anti Money Laundering Regulations: when agreeing a sale of a property we are required to see both proof of identification for all buyers and confirmation of funding arrangements.
2. Energy Performance Certificate: It is unlawful to rent out a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements. Please visit the following website for further details:
3. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
4. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any information of particular importance to you.
5. We endeavour to make our sales details accurate and reliable but they should not be relied on as statements or representations of fact and they do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. The seller does not make any representation or give any warranty in relation to the property and we have no authority to do so on behalf of the seller.
6. Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
7. Any floor plans provided are not drawn to scale and are produced as an indicative rough guide only to help illustrate and identify the general layout of the property.
8. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations, listed buildings or other consents have been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer.
9. Please be aware that firstly, areas of first priority (AFP) for schools do change and, secondly, just because a property is located within an AFP this does not mean schooling is guaranteed for resident children. Please make appropriate enquiries of the local authority to ensure you are fully aware of the exact position prior to exchange of contracts.